Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a new member to the forum but have been reading it for sometime.
I ordered a new Models S in March, and my status changed today to ”Your Tesla is currently in Production” :)

What day was your order confirmed in March? 75d, 100d or P100d?

Also, anyone on the fence about ordering should do so before May 12th. I heard that the delivery dates are going to move from June to September on the 13th. Another end of quarter push on the S and X's it appears.

What day was your order confirmed in March? 75d, 100d or P100d?

Also, anyone on the fence about ordering should do so before May 12th. I heard that the delivery dates are going to move from June to September on the 13th. Another end of quarter push on the S and X's it appears.
I ordered a 75D, Midnight Silver with Cream interior.
I ordered March 16, order was confirmed March 19.

The interior looks nice. What if someone doesn't like the new interior since its different from what they chose when they ordered? This could be bait and switch for a 100K car, i'm guessing there will be some buyers remorse.
Count my wife and I as someone who IS NOT happy about this change. I just don't like the Oak as much as the Ash. It puzzles me that Tesla just emailed this out like it wasn't a BFD...just a "hey we changed your choice". I'm going to reach out to my DS to see what can be done - nothing is my guess.

Count my wife and I as someone who IS NOT happy about this change. I just don't like the Oak as much as the Ash. It puzzles me that Tesla just emailed this out like it wasn't a BFD...just a "hey we changed your choice". I'm going to reach out to my DS to see what can be done - nothing is my guess.

Agree with you. They should have honored peoples preexisting orders.

I'm excited for my new graphite trim!

960x480-LHD-Model_S_Black_Figured_Ash.jpg
It's like an interior chrome delete! Love it.

Just to share some info on my order -
3/14 order, Southern California

My DS contacted me yesterday and asked to setup a tentative delivery date the first week of June. He said it could end up being late May, but until the status changes to "in production" he can not predict. However, he did ask me to do my lease application online, which was quickly approved with terms as expected.

Looking at the spreadsheet, there are a lot of us in the same time frame. What are you guys hearing?

Just to share some info on my order -
3/14 order, Southern California

My DS contacted me yesterday and asked to setup a tentative delivery date the first week of June. He said it could end up being late May, but until the status changes to "in production" he can not predict. However, he did ask me to do my lease application online, which was quickly approved with terms as expected.

Looking at the spreadsheet, there are a lot of us in the same time frame. What are you guys hearing?

Nothing yet. I expect mine will be built same week as yours. Maybe I will be able to pick it up in Fremont June 1 after all.

Update: as confirmed there’s not much we can do other than cancel our order and reorder with a different interior. We would still get in June, but we’d be st the back of the line.

In related news my DS mentioned 5/14 is looking to be the date that the backlog of MS go into production. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Update: as confirmed there’s not much we can do other than cancel our order and reorder with a different interior. We would still get in June, but we’d be st the back of the line.

In related news my DS mentioned 5/14 is looking to be the date that the backlog of MS go into production. Fingers crossed!

Yea 5/14 is the day... Anyone who sees their car go into production earlier than that is lucky!

We also received the email. Not so upset with the ash/graphite change but nothing in my email I will not get the cream interior that we ordered on the P100D. The email does show it! Interesting to see what we will get!

I ordered my S 100D on 5/6 and it was confirmed on 5/9. OA told me to expect late June (delivering to Massachusetts, Dedham SC). He did explain the whole situation where international deliveries are made in the first 1/2 of the quarter then they shift to domestic after that. Separately (on the Tesla Show podcast), I have heard they are trying to smooth this out so they aren't so back end loaded each quarter with domestic deliveries. As others have said I am sure this is due to logistics in manufacturing and shipping. As the 3 scales, I would expect this won't be as clean just given the volume.