Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
u r car arrived from Alabama to the Tesla SC Red5?

Hey vasired, I was reading through and saw you're in NC and expecting your car soon. What service center are you picking up at if you don't mind me asking? Do they still anticipate it to arrive next week? I'm still in pre-production but am wondering what the experience has been like for you from production to awaiting delivery. I'm planning on picking up in Charlotte.

Hello halfricanguy,I will be picking up my car on 15th in raleigh,It arrived today,so 2/3 days for prep work,My production was complete on 4/24,But it has been long wait for the car to ship from freemont to Birmingham and then truck to Raleigh.

79A6FA37-DE62-4B15-AC88-577F6B91F065.jpeg
FINALLY!

I got an email at 5:23 that my car’s in production. Looks like I can pick her up at the Fremont factory after my tour.

Hello halfricanguy,I will be picking up my car on 15th in raleigh,It arrived today,so 2/3 days for prep work,My production was complete on 4/24,But it has been long wait for the car to ship from freemont to Birmingham and then truck to Raleigh.

Thanks for the heads up! Congrats, I'll be anxious to hear how the pick up goes for you!

FINALLY!

I got an email at 5:23 that my car’s in production. Looks like I can pick her up at the Fremont factory after my tour.

Great to hear!

I was a M3 reservation holder. Reserved May of 2016. It was a good size car for us at the time of the reservation. As the kids grew and the wait got longer, I realized the M3 was not going to work.

Made the call to go with an S after my delivery estimate for the M3 was pushed back into 2019 and my Sequoia broke the 200k mileage barrier.

My wife didn't care about it much until the test drive. She fell in love with AP. Now she is as excited as me.

I was the same way, I was a M3 holder as of Dec 2016, then as the wait got longer and then I got to sit in one at a Tesla showroom. Just a little same for me and I really like the size of the Model S, I also really like the two screens.

I was a M3 reservation holder. Reserved May of 2016. It was a good size car for us at the time of the reservation. As the kids grew and the wait got longer, I realized the M3 was not going to work.

Made the call to go with an S after my delivery estimate for the M3 was pushed back into 2019 and my Sequoia broke the 200k mileage barrier.

My wife didn't care about it much until the test drive. She fell in love with AP. Now she is as excited as me.

I was also a M3 reservation holder. As developments came out for the M3 the shift to solidify the MS were apparent. The whole time I was probably going to shift to the MS anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vrod21
Delivery took place yesterday at the Tesla store in Brentwood, TN. Flawless process. :)

Came with 2018.16, but it had downloaded 2018.18 at the center. Set it to install tonight, and it seems to have done just fine. First OTA on the first day.

Taking it for OptiCoat Pro Plus on Thursday.

View attachment 300841

View attachment 300840
Congrats and welcome to the family. Love the Multi-Coat Red with the dark slip stream wheels. Do you have front license plates in TN? If not will the SC remove the bracket?

Reactions: Red5StandingBy