Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting how yesterday right after the financing approval which took 3 hours or so (US Bank 2.49% for 72 months with 30% down, including trade) the Tesla account site updated and my status changed to "Your Tesla has been built and in transit" finally... I almost feel like the account updates are not automatic and someone has to actually change the status manually..

Still no ETA but if it shipped by rail, most rail freight traveling east has to go through Chicago and then are transferred to another line to continue south or east. The average time to get to Chicago is around 7 days (where I live) then if heading east or south the transfer in Chicago can take 2-4 days, then another 5-7 days on the final leg. I know Tesla ships by rail when over 1,000 miles & they do these ramp up builds. Should be exciting coming weeks for everyone here!

Just got an email from my DS. I am confirmed for delivery on 5/24!!!
Did you get a chance to swing by the SC today? I did not see anything new except for a bunch of M3's.

I was kinda hoping to see some show up today so they can begin the prep process. I have heard it takes 2-3 days to complete prep work.

Its funny how impatient you get on the final days even though I just waited 2+months.

Did you get a chance to swing by the SC today? I did not see anything new except for a bunch of M3's.

I was kinda hoping to see some show up today so they can begin the prep process. I have heard it takes 2-3 days to complete prep work.

Its funny how impatient you get on the final days even though I just waited 2+months.

Why does it take 2-3 days to prep? What are they doing there that has not been done at the factory? I agree with you it is kinda funny how we cant wait months but then once it is around the corner we lose our patience. I am sure all of us have done it. I just signed all my paperwork and and cut them a check for the portion I am not financing. Cant wait!!!

No. Going by tomorrow on our way to southwest plaza. I know! Its been rough waiting on the M3 and now this....o_O

Why does it take 2-3 days to prep? What are they doing there that has not been done at the factory? I agree with you it is kinda funny how we cant wait months but then once it is around the corner we lose our patience. I am sure all of us have done it. I just signed all my paperwork and and cut them a check for the portion I am not financing. Cant wait!!!

Weird, I have never been so anxious to give an dealer (not right description) my money.

I have to say, one of the best things about buying from Tesla is, You do not get some stupid, ugly stickers slapped on your car illustrating the anguish you just had to put up with and then forced to advertise for those clowns you just bought from.

I am better now :)