Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed my order of a midnight silver 100D yesterday so I figured it's time to register and post instead of just lurking. My delivery is showing the end of June (5 weeks). Hopefully, that's accurate!

Confirmed on Thursday and the VIN was assigned last night (Friday). I thought it usually took a couple weeks to get the VIN? A quick build and delivery would make me VERY happy!

Makes you wonder about quality. I have read about door problems more than any other issue. I have owned two S Mercedes. They were perfect. I know up front im leaving behind....perfect to ....unknown
I’m coming from a CLS550. You’d be better off not expecting Mercedes build quality - but you won’t be disappointed. My CLS looks like an old heap to me now, compared to my ultra-modern Model S.

How is the White on White and did you get the new graphite trim? Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new car.
Yes, I got white on white - you did to as well, right? My first thought was “Storm Trooper” - it’s a really cool and different look. Equally important though, I’ve heard that the white interior holds up very well to marks and stains - counterintuitive as that is.......
I got graphite trim as well, I think it goes well with this combo! I think the vintage black CA license plate wouid look good as well.
Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Yes, I got white on white - you did to as well, right? My first thought was “Storm Trooper” - it’s a really cool and different look. Equally important though, I’ve heard that the white interior holds up very well to marks and stains - counterintuitive as that is.......
I got graphite trim as well, I think it goes well with this combo! I think the vintage black CA license plate wouid look good as well.
Looking forward to meeting you as well!
Heard the same about the white interior. I did go with the same look on the MX. Did you also do the Carbon Fiber? I got my VIN# Tuesday and still hoping for a late June delivery. If I had stayed with the MS, I would have been going into production next week.

Heard the same about the white interior. I did go with the same look on the MX. Did you also do the Carbon Fiber? I got my VIN# Tuesday and still hoping for a late June delivery. If I had stayed with the MS, I would have been going into production next week.
Carbon fiber, yes..... for one reason, and that's that I've always loved it but it's often at least a $3000 option. Could not pass it up at $250. I would have been happy with some of the wood trims as well, but I figured this was a good car to be a little more unconventional "disruptive?" with!
Be glad you chose what you wanted and didn't figure that out later - there's a post somewhere from a guy who has a 1-year old P100D and wants to trade it on a Model 3 - talk about financial disaster. June will come faster than you think!

Reactions: ScubaMal
Here it is guys! Awesome experience at the Denver SC. Took about 25 minutes and I was on the road!

Love the blue/white combo!
IMG_2305.jpg IMG_2318.jpg

Reactions: Vrod21
Have you found a car wash that knows the idiosyncrasies of Tesla’s transmission? I know there’s some adjustment you need to make so the car will roll freely. I’m going to use one of the local self drive-thrus for the exterior and clean the interior myself. I may use a traveling detailing service as well.

Have you found a car wash that knows the idiosyncrasies of Tesla’s transmission? I know there’s some adjustment you need to make so the car will roll freely. I’m going to use one of the local self drive-thrus for the exterior and clean the interior myself. I may use a traveling detailing service as well.
You should be able to go to a self drive service car wash. Put the car in N and raise the suspension to high. I was thinking of doing a clear wrap in the front, hood and side panels. Scratches self heal and cleans up well. Some people wrap the whole car.

So exciting! I Bet that means mine is sitting on the lot for over a week before I can get my hands on it. Post pics!

Here it is guys! Awesome experience at the Denver SC. Took about 25 minutes and I was on the road!

Love the blue/white combo!
View attachment 304082 View attachment 304085

Took delivery yesterday, what an amazing experience. Been driving it all day today and finding more things to love. Summon is awesome ( I have a very tight one car garage) and autopolit is a dream. The only thing I don't care for is Slacker radio. We really need spotify.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_203259.jpg
    IMG_20180527_203259.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20180526_125925.jpg
    IMG_20180526_125925.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20180526_125844.jpg
    IMG_20180526_125844.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20180527_203322.jpg
    IMG_20180527_203322.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 106
Took delivery yesterday, what an amazing experience. Been driving it all day today and finding more things to love. Summon is awesome ( I have a very tight one car garage) and autopolit is a dream. The only thing I don't care for is Slacker radio. We really need spotify.

Car does look great!
You got the summon feature working right away? Have you tried backing the car in? I'm going to be backing mine in (when it gets here).