Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from my DS. Told me that my car is scheduled for production on 6-18. He made a appointment for delivery for 6-28. Also told me to start applying for financing. They want to get deliveries done before the end of the quarter.

Reordered - 5-12
Confirmed 5-15
VIN# 5-22
Production 6-18?
Delivery 6-28?
Congratulations. Yes, there were a lot of people ahead of me today at the Fremont Deliveryn Center. My appointment started an hour late, and the walk through was more of a 100 yard dash. But I have the car - “Mr. T,” so I’m happy. Good thing I spent hours watching YouTube videos.

And, you have to do the factory tour. Awesome sauce.

Congratulations. Yes, there were a lot of people ahead of me today at the Fremont Deliveryn Center. My appointment started an hour late, and the walk through was more of a 100 yard dash. But I have the car - “Mr. T,” so I’m happy. Good thing I spent hours watching YouTube videos.

And, you have to do the factory tour. Awesome sauce.
YouTube University is full of useful knowledge. (A lot of nonsense too). Congratulation on getting your car. I will have to look into doing the factory tour. Maybe the Coachella Valley Tesla Group will do a field trip together. Silent convoy to Fremont. Safe travels.

Just got a call from my DS. Told me that my car is scheduled for production on 6-18. He made a appointment for delivery for 6-28. Also told me to start applying for financing. They want to get deliveries done before the end of the quarter.

Reordered - 5-12
Confirmed 5-15
VIN# 5-22
Production 6-18?
Delivery 6-28?

Hi ScubaMal, did you order a MS or MX? I ordered mine the same time 05/12, confirmed 05/15 and got the VIN 05/16. So hopefully it will go on production the same time, but I have not heard from my DS even I texted and email but no news :(

Last edited:
Hi ScubaMal, did you order a MS or MX? I ordered mine the same time 05/12, confirmed 05/15 and got the VIN 05/16. So hopefully it will go on production the same time, but I have not heard from my DS even I texted and email but no news :(

I think you're just after me on the tracker, Kay1976? I ordered mine on 5/9, confirmed on 5/12, vin on 5/13, and still no word from my DS either. I think ScubaMal ordered an MX.

Heard the same about the white interior.
I predict you'll have years of aesthetic joy with the white interior. After six months my wife's birthday present S100D with White interior shows no permanent marks from ice cream & candy in the back seat (grandchildren); grass, blood and mud in the front seats (mechanical, AWD and mountain adventures).

The car works for us, we don't work for it. We treat it as well as we can, it provides the best transportation and automotive experience we've had in our lives and everyone's happy.

Reactions: born2run
I predict you'll have years of aesthetic joy with the white interior. After six months my wife's birthday present S100D with White interior shows no permanent marks from ice cream & candy in the back seat (grandchildren); grass, blood and mud in the front seats (mechanical, AWD and mountain adventures).

The car works for us, we don't work for it. We treat it as well as we can, it provides the best transportation and automotive experience we've had in our lives and everyone's happy.

Hello NickFie...a Philly owner! I haven't seen anybody else from Philly on here over the past couple months. Are there many?

Hello NickFie...a Philly owner! I haven't seen anybody else from Philly on here over the past couple months. Are there many?
I have seen about 5 in our neighborhood. One house with both S & X regularly parked in front, an S occasionally parked down the street from our daughter’s house, grandparents visiting our daughter’s and son-in-law’s good friends and yesterday encountered a silver 3 heading to, then returning from the local supermarket.

Met the Tesla-driving grandparents at a pre-school event a few years ago, before we bought ours. Suggested that, since his daughter and son-in-law installed a charger for his Tesla, he should get a bumper sticker, “This Gramps Babysits for Amps!”

Man! I love seeing all these Tesla lovers. I am ordering my car in October, right after I close on my house. If I wasn't building a home, I would have ordered one by now. Hopefully, I will get it before the year's end to get the tax credit in 2019. I'm so excited!

Now the even harder part of the waiting begins.. The first part was easy! ;)

That's great. Where did the image come from? Was it in an email or on your website?
I have seen about 5 in our neighborhood. One house with both S & X regularly parked in front, an S occasionally parked down the street from our daughter’s house, grandparents visiting our daughter’s and son-in-law’s good friends and yesterday encountered a silver 3 heading to, then returning from the local supermarket.

Met the Tesla-driving grandparents at a pre-school event a few years ago, before we bought ours. Suggested that, since his daughter and son-in-law installed a charger for his Tesla, he should get a bumper sticker, “This Gramps Babysits for Amps!”

That's some neighborhood. Are you in the Bryn Mawr area? I'm out near West Chester...I saw one MS charging at Longwood Gardens last year but haven't seen any others. And on the Order & Delivery Excel sheet there are only 8 listed in the past year.

Ordered 100D last night. We were given the chance for an all-day, take-home test drive yesterday. I was convinced after the first hour-long test drive, but the wife (and most important vote) was convinced yesterday. Told to expect delivery at the end of July or, more likely, beginning of August. Very excited.

Obs black ext, black int, carbon fiber trim. PUP and EAP.

"Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like somethin' from a dream ...
The waiting is the hardest part."

That's some neighborhood. Are you in the Bryn Mawr area? I'm out near West Chester...I saw one MS charging at Longwood Gardens last year but haven't seen any others. And on the Order & Delivery Excel sheet there are only 8 listed in the past year.
We live closer-in - Ardmore/Wynnewood. Our car was inventory, didn't make the spreadsheet. I've seen the S & X in front of their house for a while. The other S that visits our daughter's street may be based elsewhere. "Gramps..for Amps" goes between York and this area. I see Teslas parked at the local Whole Foods' chargers.

In general, Teslas are pretty sparse here. See many more when I visit my brother in Mountain View.

I think you're just after me on the tracker, Kay1976? I ordered mine on 5/9, confirmed on 5/12, vin on 5/13, and still no word from my DS either. I think ScubaMal ordered an MX.
I had originally ordered a MS 75D on 4/29 and then switched my order to a MX 75D on 5/11. If I hadn't changed my order, the MS 75D would have started production this week. I have seen on the tracker some cars with higher VIN#s that started production yesterday.