Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a phone call from my sales advisor who said there was a preproduction model S that was slated to go to inventory which matched my config exactly. She said that if I take that vehicle then instead of an early July delivery I can expect a June 3rd/4th week delivery.

I decided to go for it since its a new car and exact config so only difference is I get it earlier.

I received a phone call from my sales advisor who said there was a preproduction model S that was slated to go to inventory which matched my config exactly. She said that if I take that vehicle then instead of an early July delivery I can expect a June 3rd/4th week delivery.

I decided to go for it since its a new car and exact config so only difference is I get it earlier.

I would confirm production date. There are a number of tweaks that have happened in the last 3-6 months (like new MCU) that are pretty valuable. Maybe you don't care about those things (or maybe it was produced in the last month or so).

Reactions: logan
LOL - I am watching folks who used my referral code getting delivery of their vehicles, before I do (happy for them.) Albeit, mine had to ship across the country.) The 19th cannot come soon enough.
Where is your SC? Mine is in Cincinnati. It is being "expedited". Supposedly left factory Monday. Suppose to take delivery on 19th. Strangely, i have not gotten any responses to my calls or texts from the OA at the SC this week. I hope she wasn't in the 9% that got the axe.

Where is your SC? Mine is in Cincinnati. It is being "expedited". Supposedly left factory Monday. Suppose to take delivery on 19th. Strangely, i have not gotten any responses to my calls or texts from the OA at the SC this week. I hope she wasn't in the 9% that got the axe.
My delivery is scheduled the same day as yours, but at the Mt Kisco NY service center. Pick up and then off for a PPF wrap. Hopefully, back in time for the 4th of July break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elektron
All you guys just waiting here... refreshing, checking your email obsessively. Every time the phone rings, maybe it’s my DS calling?! Ohh good times. :D I remember like it was just last week ;)

I don’t care what model you ordered, these are seriously the best cars money can buy. Nothing even comes close to how much fun these cars are to drive in any condition! Traffic? Who cares! Autopilot! Freeway on-ramp? Time to launch into orbit! Really no reason to ever leave your car, need sleep? Camp mode.

Any excuse to drive, I’m in. :):)

Reactions: AdamAnt and rdpsf
I ordered with a late June delivery and the website showed a late June delivery for about a week after I placed the order. I emailed my Delivery Advisors about something else and he replied and said it will now be a July delivery. Are the DA's usually pretty accurate? I'm so bummed that I won't have it for a 4th of July trip.