Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see how. You would no doubt loose your deposit.

The interesting question is heat happens to people who ordered but can’t qualify for financing.

Well isn't it the same for people who pay cash and dont have the cash to pay it after delivery lol? I think people getting car loans might have a way out with getting a refund on their deposit. This was hinted to me but needs several approvals.

I got caught in the contract system being down. So I was delayed a day. But they offered a loaner S if I needed it. Today took a while as they had the wrong price. So my 3:30 appt didn’t end until 5:30. Around 5 pm I looked over the car and everything was in tip top shape. I will use this week to go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Because of the snafu they gave me 2 years of free service.

I was upset at the delay. But as expected once I was in my car, the stress melted away and I was in heaven.
2 years of free service is worth it

Heaps of confusion. I'm scheduled for delivery tonight. DS told me a week or so ago I can expect final paperwork to docu-sign 24-48 hours before delivery. I havent received so I have tried about 4 times to reach her. I just got email that the reason I havent received docs is because I'm taking a delivery out of inventory -- which cant be the case. I've been through the standard order process since the beginning. Really unhappy that this is about 10th example of bad information. Frankly, I have no idea if delivery is really on for tonight. I expect suprises until the end.

With my delivery communication was at a minimum. It seems like there's no coordination between what you see on your Tesla account and what you are asked for. I feel I could have left without handing him the bank check and saw at home that I could have done an online transfer on their site. Actually the option still shows up after delivery.

it seems the common denominator is that the final paperwork isnt done until the last very second possible.
If I am a happy owner on other end of this process - most will be forgiven - but gee - since they leave the oil out of their cars -- they leave the "well oiled" out of process as well. Frustrated - mainly by misinformation. (Spudlime - hope driving experience is a good one so far)

• Funny
Reactions: MarkKW
If I am a happy owner on other end of this process - most will be forgiven - but gee - since they leave the oil out of their cars -- they leave the "well oiled" out of process as well. Frustrated - mainly by misinformation. (Spudlime - hope driving experience is a good one so far)
Let me know how it goes, and I’ve noted the need to follow up regarding paperwork ahead of time. I’m scheduled for delivery next Friday in Tysons.

I am living the dream sir. Daily commute, driving kids around. Nothing but a huge smile. Im less stressed in traffic. It is worth it. Just keep saying that to yourself.

Here is new girl in parking lot on way to dinner. Delivery process at dealer was fine. Felt he took the time to do appropriate intro - and answer questions we had.

Wish everyone the best of luck getting your deliveries quickly. See you on the other side --- discussing owner experience.

Steve
IMG_3569.jpg