Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
R14549 delivered to home in Woodinville today.
Perfect
Due Bill; HPWC and Parcel Shelf.
Day was perfect before Andrew delivered the car, then it got better.

Congrats aja. Mine is scheduled for pickup Monday the 11th at the Bellevue SC. Same car except I went with the 21" and didn't go for the parcel shelf. Maybe we will see each other when I come up to Ste. Michelle for a concert this summer.

Best,
Rick Fellows

This I do not understand. If you have an iPhone, what do you need an iPod for ? The iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone without the cellular hardware. Why not put all your music on the iPhone instead ?

Last time i checked there was no 160gb iPhone. But there is iPod classic. My music collection is over 300gb. Besides it is much more convenient to have permanently attached device rather than connect and disconnect iPhone all the time.

T-4.5 hours until pickup at PA center. Perfect timing where I am as we're starting to get hit with the big snowstorm and I have to drive 1.5 hrs back through it to get home. LOL. Glad I downgraded from the 21 summer performance tires to 19s...on the bright side at least I have 7 yrs driving experience driving a RWD camaro through terrible weather. :)

T-4.5 hours until pickup at PA center. Perfect timing where I am as we're starting to get hit with the big snowstorm and I have to drive 1.5 hrs back through it to get home. LOL. Glad I downgraded from the 21 summer performance tires to 19s...on the bright side at least I have 7 yrs driving experience driving a RWD camaro through terrible weather. :)

Congrats! Be careful and let us know the details please.

True -- but with BT, I don't think that you get the song data (Artist, Title) sent to your system, just the music itself. Whereas, with something permanently connected, this data is available (which means Hands-Free would work as well).

Now ... FWIW ... I am speaking from experience with a Chrysler 300S -- it may be different with the Model S.

Model S shows metadata from the song, plus album art downloaded from the internet (GraceNote). It may not always match what you've got for album art, though.

Just got word that my car will be here tomorrow! Coming by truck to Charlottesville, surprised the driver said there are 3 cars going to Charlottesville! Anyone else on here?

Of course our area is in a state of emergency, we have no power, trees and power lines down everywhere.

I should be able to get it home OK, but won't be able to charge it for a few days at least...

My white P85 (VIN 6087) arrived 1 day earlier than the start of my two week window. Only item on the due bill is the CF spoiler. The P85 badge is also missing, but they told me that every 85 and P85 car will get a badge. The redesigned vent, and sun visors will also be retrofitted to all cars when available.

Expecting snow tonight so the car is sitting in the garage. Will take photos when weather is better.

Congrats! :-D Hey so the vent and visors fixes, I'm not clear from what you wrote--do you actually have the updated stuff? Did they mention any timeline? (These are very minor items, for me, but I'd like them.)

Just got word that my car will be here tomorrow! Coming by truck to Charlottesville, surprised the driver said there are 3 cars going to Charlottesville! Anyone else on here?

Of course our area is in a state of emergency, we have no power, trees and power lines down everywhere.

I should be able to get it home OK, but won't be able to charge it for a few days at least...

Man that is torture being unable to charge I feel bad for you. I am scheduled to pick up VIN 6618 on March 14.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope things will get better soon. BTW, I will be in Harrisonburg in a few days. Do you know if it is also in a state of emergency? Any major road closure, etc, along I-66/I-81?

i miss cville immensely, did residency there. best 3 years...

Got word today that my car shipped out last night headed to Florida. I got my frunk liner, net, and flat kit waiting. Down from months to days.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362620739.883841.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362620739.883841.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 763
Got to tour the factory today. it is an amazing facility. Thought I saw my green car on the line but the VIN was about 100 above mine - it was 67xx (forgot the last two digits). Most interesting was when I went to the service facility at the factory to buy an extra charging cord, the receipt showed my car had 20 miles on it - so I am presuming it is on its way (VIN 06433). Ordered the extra cord as I installed the NEMA 14-50 in the ceiling in the center of the two car garage since I park on the right side it was the easiest way to plug in without having to pull a wire under the car on a daily basis. The electrician indicated that he could run a pigtail cord from the ceiling for the charging cord to plug into or put the outlet on the ceiling. I chose the latter and am getting a holster hook to hang the charging end into when not in use. The local electrician was about 40 percent of the Solar City referral electrician for much more work to put the outlet in the ceiling without running conduit on the wall.

Got to tour the factory today. it is an amazing facility. Thought I saw my green car on the line but the VIN was about 100 above mine - it was 67xx (forgot the last two digits). Most interesting was when I went to the service facility at the factory to buy an extra charging cord, the receipt showed my car had 20 miles on it - so I am presuming it is on its way (VIN 06433). Ordered the extra cord as I installed the NEMA 14-50 in the ceiling in the center of the two car garage since I park on the right side it was the easiest way to plug in without having to pull a wire under the car on a daily basis. The electrician indicated that he could run a pigtail cord from the ceiling for the charging cord to plug into or put the outlet on the ceiling. I chose the latter and am getting a holster hook to hang the charging end into when not in use. The local electrician was about 40 percent of the Solar City referral electrician for much more work to put the outlet in the ceiling without running conduit on the wall.

How did you arrange the tour? Who did you call? Was it part of a MS pickup?

My car is being delivered in Texas - Talk to your DS they should be able to coordinate. During the week there were maybe 25 people on the tour and my gut is someone could have shown up and gone on the tour with no prior arrangement, assuming space was avalable. Most on the tour were doing a factory car pick-up

Ordered the extra cord as I installed the NEMA 14-50 in the ceiling in the center of the two car garage since I park on the right side it was the easiest way to plug in without having to pull a wire under the car on a daily basis. The electrician indicated that he could run a pigtail cord from the ceiling for the charging cord to plug into or put the outlet on the ceiling. I chose the latter and am getting a holster hook to hang the charging end into when not in use.

Occasionally I need to unplug/plug in my Roadster UMC to reset it. How difficult will it be for you to do the same?