Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is new girl in parking lot on way to dinner. Delivery process at dealer was fine. Felt he took the time to do appropriate intro - and answer questions we had.

Wish everyone the best of luck getting your deliveries quickly. See you on the other side --- discussing owner experience.

Steve
View attachment 322002
Congrats! Looks beautiful. I’m scheduled for Thursday evening. Anxious and excited.

Congrats YYZ-IAD,

Perhaps we should post a picture of our car as a sign we are transferring to the owners group.
IMG_5930.JPG

Congrats YYZ-IAD,

Perhaps we should post a picture of our car as a sign we are transferring to the owners group.View attachment 322156
Wilmaya - a real beauty MS you have. White was a close call for me. The wife won out (of course) with blue. I'm into my 2nd hour of driving. Tons of fun. The regenerative braking is the biggest surprise. It really grabs when I let off accelerator - and hardly have to brake. Seems the first set of brakes will last a lifetime. Ah, the other surprise is the lane alert. If you dont put on turn signal first when changing lanes, the wheel shakes. First time that happened was "geez what the heck is that?"

This thread has been a great experience getting to know many of you.

Now I have to find the most valuable owners threads. Maybe Spudlime can give us his experience. I see he is still posting like he's going for the Guiness Book record.

Last edited:
Am I being dooped by the Model 3 deliveries? Original delivery date was this Sun. Now they said August 18th because my car will not be in Raleigh until the 16th. When I ordered it stated July delivery. Either the aforementioned or the car was damaged when they got it and has to go to the body shop. Ive heard of a couple days, but 13!!!!!! Geez man.

Am I being dooped by the Model 3 deliveries? Original delivery date was this Sun. Now they said August 18th because my car will not be in Raleigh until the 16th. When I ordered it stated July delivery. Either the aforementioned or the car was damaged when they got it and has to go to the body shop. Ive heard of a couple days, but 13!!!!!! Geez man.

Same here late July

now it is somewhere across the country and no idea if next week or after.

It should be easy to find it on its transport I’m sure some one is tracking it

A bit frustrating but it should be worth the wait....

Wilmaya - a real beauty MS you have. White was a close call for me. The wife won out (of course) with blue. I'm into my 2nd hour of driving. Tons of fun. The regenerative braking is the biggest surprise. It really grabs when I let off accelerator - and hardly have to brake. Seems the first set of brakes will last a lifetime. Ah, the other surprise is the lane alert. If you dont put on turn signal first when changing lanes, the wheel shakes. First time that happened was "geez what the heck is that?"

This thread has been a great experience getting to know many of you.

Now I have to find the most valuable owners threads. Maybe Spudlime can give us his experience. I see he is still posting like he's going for the Guiness Book record.

YYZ-IAD, Thank you! And Red was my first choice as in my agreement with my wife. She was under the impression that she was going to get a M3. When I said she was able to get a MS she said I could pick the color. All of the sudden it was anything but Red. So white it was.

I agree with most that you have said, except that the lane change notification which must not be turned on her MS.

It's our time to finally enjoy our MS's

Reactions: MarkKW
Does any one know when Tesla is going to start producing domestic model s? I know at the end of the quarter they focus on international orders. I contacted my DS and he just told me I would get my car in August some time. I just sold my ICE vehicle so I’m getting kind of anxious about not having a vehicle for long.

You guys should check out the tacking spreadsheet (page 1 of this thread) and add your cars.

@BlueBlazer regarding timing, my car finished production two weeks ago, so they’re making domestic ones. If your DS said August, you’re either in production now or will be soon.

Yes, he told me soon and my Tesla account page still shows its confirmed for production in the factory. The status hasn't changed for the last 30+ days now. I try not to look at the status page any more because its driving me nuts with the wait but now i'm getting into a sticky situation. I will check out the spreadsheet.

• Funny
Reactions: ArbitrageMan
Yes, he told me soon and my Tesla account page still shows its confirmed for production in the factory. The status hasn't changed for the last 30+ days now. I try not to look at the status page any more because its driving me nuts with the wait but now i'm getting into a sticky situation. I will check out the spreadsheet.
Mine was at “scheduled for production” for 35 days. Once it actually went into production I felt a lot better, like at least the wheels were in motion. By the way, I didnt get any notification (like an email) that the car went into production. I refreshed my Tesla order page one day and the status changed.

I’ve got one week to delivery, I can barely concentrate on anything.

My delivery I was told mid-august so probably August 6th-11th it will enter production. I believe it takes 5 days.