Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Delivery Button and now have a delivery date range of Mar. 29th - Apr. 12th for reservation # 19325.

Timeline so far:
2/17: Made my reservation
2/18: Finalized the order
2/19: Signed (DocuSigned) the paperwork
2/20: I received confirmation from Tesla that my order was complete
3/16: Delivery Button appears
3/29-4/12: Expected Delivery Date Range

I just got my Delivery Button and now have a delivery date range of Mar. 29th - Apr. 12th for reservation # 19325.

Timeline so far:
2/17: Made my reservation
2/18: Finalized the order
2/19: Signed (DocuSigned) the paperwork
2/20: I received confirmation from Tesla that my order was complete
3/16: Delivery Button appears
3/29-4/12: Expected Delivery Date Range
Wow! That is super fast!! Anyone concerned that TSLA will run out of a backlog by the end of the year, or have to slow down production to make an artificial backlog?

Got it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363476009.484534.jpg

I'm confused. My reservation number is 326470. This doesn't look anything like anything I see on this site. My delivery window is April/May, but it seems like all of the numbers are much lower than mine. I am looking at the wrong number?

I'm confused. My reservation number is 326470. This doesn't look anything like anything I see on this site. My delivery window is April/May, but it seems like all of the numbers are much lower than mine. I am looking at the wrong number?

Yes, that is the wrong number. You are looking for a reservation number which should be 5 digits and start with 19xxx (maybe 20xxx by now). I just finalized yesterday and mine just said #0 and then an RN number like yours.

Yes, that is the wrong number. You are looking for a reservation number which should be 5 digits and start with 19xxx (maybe 20xxx by now). I just finalized yesterday and mine just said #0 and then an RN number like yours.

Technically the number starting with RN is the [R]eservation [N]umber, and you're not supposed to share it with anyone but Tesla. The number we all share on here is called the sequence number, and is supposed to dictate the order in which the car is produced. It appears that Tesla is phasing out the sequence numbers for Model S in the USA, likely in part due to the fact that they are not strictly following sequence numbers due to a variety of reasons. They became more trouble than they were worth from a customer relations standpoint.

Next week the car goes in for full wrapping (the clear kind). Until then I'm trying not to acquire any chips.

My car is currently in the shop getting wrapped. It's fun to "see" them working on the car through the mobile app. They must have been working late last night, because my frunk was open for a long time, but then I checked this morning and it was closed. GPS also shows the approximate angle of the car inside the shop.

I have about 175 miles of range left. This 11-12 mi/day vampire charge is going to cut it close for me to drive it home late next week. Luckily I remembered and gave the shop the UMC just in case.

Can't wait to get the car back. I've owned it for 2 weeks and only put 100 miles on it. Le sigh...

My car is currently in the shop getting wrapped. It's fun to "see" them working on the car through the mobile app. They must have been working late last night, because my frunk was open for a long time, but then I checked this morning and it was closed. GPS also shows the approximate angle of the car inside the shop.

I have about 175 miles of range left. This 11-12 mi/day vampire charge is going to cut it close for me to drive it home late next week. Luckily I remembered and gave the shop the UMC just in case.

Can't wait to get the car back. I've owned it for 2 weeks and only put 100 miles on it. Le sigh...

Can they plug it into a 110V outlet each night for you?

Off topic for this thread, but could you let us know where you got it wrapped and if you like the result?