Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN 8293 - xhawk101 I'm in the same boat. Getting 1.49% from Alliant for 72 months need to figure out if the 36 month guarantee is worth it.

P14580
Reserved:11/25/12
Finalized:2/14
Delivery button: 4/1
Window: 4/15 - 4/29 - Rockville Service Center

60 kWh, standard white, tan, obeche matte, pano, tech, air, kids seats

and oh I did pay for Supercharging :/

Just got my VIN 8293 - xhawk101 I'm in the same boat. Getting 1.49% from Alliant for 72 months need to figure out if the 36 month guarantee is worth it.

P14580

Leaning towards pen fed w lower rate...willing to "personally guarantee" resale value myself. And yes I paid for sc too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My delivery update in Alaska:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364966365.636735.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364966376.420116.jpg

:)

P14580

Elon is betting his money you won’t need the guarantee ! ! !

Hmmm leasing program just barely before I pay for it!

I already arranged with pen fed at 1.74% and check on its way. Wonder if tesla s is better at 2.95% but with value guarantee and if I could even cancel penfed loan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
My analysis was simple. The difference in payment based on $42k financing was only $20 per month higher with the new Tesla Program. But what would I get for that. A guarantee that my car would be worth $30k in 3 years. If not they will buy it back. IF all goes well, my car will be worth at least that and I will probably still be enjoying it. What would effect the value, maybe TESLA going out of business, then the guarantee would be worthless. So I will move forward with PENFED and save $20 per month. Not alot for insurance, but if the company is not around to pay off it would be worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

P14580

Keep the low rate financing. As I posted before, you will save over $20 per month and the main thing that would adversely effect your resale would be the failure of TESLA and then the guarantee would be worthless. BTW, from what I have read, even if the SUPERCHARGING was built in, you would have to pay to activate it anyway. IF you never planned to activate it but wanted it for resale then you may have a case, but then your value should be enhanced that the next guy wouldnt have to pay. On the other hand, I think most of us will drive these cars until the wheels fall off so most of this may be moot.