Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery by Monday, per my sales rep.

Model S Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Oak Wood Décor
Premium Upgrades Package Included
Autopilot Included
Free Unlimited Supercharging Included

I had originally ordered the car in white, black interior, standard wheels. But thanks to a post by another recent buyer here, I was able to take advantage of the free wheel and color upgrades.

Looking forward to taking delivery.

P.S. On another note. How do I click "agree," "disagree," "funny" etc? Someone posted something pretty funny on the supercharging thread but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to give them feedback.

Looking for the exact same car (as upgraded), but do not see the post you mentioned which allowed you to get upgrades at no cost. Can you explain/direct my eyes?

Looking for the exact same car (as upgraded), but do not see the post you mentioned which allowed you to get upgrades at no cost. Can you explain/direct my eyes?

Tesla sales had a 'brain fart' moment & went rogue. A few weekends back, as part of EOQ push, they were giving away options (deviations in Tesla lingo) on inventory cars to spur sales. Some sales reps 'over read' this memo & offered it on new vehicles as well, which was taboo according to Musk. And this was not standard coast to coast. Each region treated this 'memo' differently.

Some customers got lucky; some were promised & later turned down. It was a hit or miss.

• Informative
Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Just took delivery today. Ordered 9/14. Delivered 9/26. End of quarter madness, and kudos to our Advisor for taking great care of us.

2019 Model S 'Raven' Long Range, Midnight Silver Metallic, 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine wheels, all black Premium Interior, Full Self-Driving Capability.

The pictures can't do justice to the beauty of this car.

This is our first Tesla, so it took me a couple hours to install the 14-50 Wall Charger at home. Worked like a charm, charging at 31 miles per hour now.

Our other EV car is a 2016 Mercedes S550e Plug-in Hybrid, with a 'whooping' 17 miles electric range! Compares to the Model S Long Range, the S550e feels like old-tech even it is just about 3 years old.

Still have a lot to learn about this car. So far very happy about it.

3RmwQbq.jpg

You pic is swaying me. I was thinking of upgrading my 2018 staying with the Deep Blue, but your combo looks way better. Can you post some more pics ?

Also, do you think the Midnight Silver could work with the white interior ?

That's disappointing.

I have a blue with black interior LR Model S on order since 9/22. Was originally assigned a delivery date of 9/29. Got a couple calls from the delivery center trying to convince me to switch to an inventory model with a different color configuration. When I declined, they said my car would be delivered the first week of October. Have not heard back from them since.

That's disappointing.

I have a blue with black interior LR Model S on order since 9/22. Was originally assigned a delivery date of 9/29. Got a couple calls from the delivery center trying to convince me to switch to an inventory model with a different color configuration. When I declined, they said my car would be delivered the first week of October. Have not heard back from them since.
Have you been assigned a VIN yet?

Hi. I just pulled the trigger on a Model S Performance inventory car. I paid the $2500 and filled out everything except final payment. For that I’ll wait to see the car and if everything is right then will give them a cashiers check. The car needs to be transported.

Is there anything else I need to do before they start transporting?

Is there any way to track progress?

Right now this is what I see on Tesla site.
10AD72B0-330C-495C-A2B4-DF9CF4C0C813.png

• Informative
Reactions: axhoaxho
I don't have a VIN yet on my Tesla account dashboard. Though they were thoughtful enough to assign me one for the sake of selling me my Tesla insurance policy active 9/29.

I figured they were trying to sell through some of their excess inventory to tidy their books.
I’ve heard that they batch-build cars so maybe we’ll see a group of blue cars going though together over the next few weeks. If my order is to the timeline originally indicated I’m expecting mine next week however I somehow doubt it.

For what it’s worth I wish I had selected white instead of cream for my MSM Model S. The light colored carpets and floor mats get dirty very quickly.
I just read in an article that all cream interiors will come with black carpets. Too late for me but good news for folks ordering now. The article mentions that some customers with orders in process will receive this notification:

“We have improved the Model S Cream interior in all markets to make it better-looking and more durable. All new Model S configured with Cream interior are now produced with black carpets and floor mats. Just like the Model X Cream interior, the seats and trim remain cream.”

Ordered and confirmed Model S LR on 10/5
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Dark Ash Wood Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Information uploaded and waiting for VIN to be assigned currently. Will call sometime next week to hear an update if nothing is updated.

Reactions: axhoaxho