Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember that feeling! Every morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or is your carbon trunk spoiler further out than most?

Could be the spoiler redesign. On the Tesla website it says that the spoiler has been redesigned. The language says '...we recently redesigned the spoiler to reduce lift at the car's rear by 77% at highway speeds, with minimal range impact.'

My only complaint is the panoramic roof gets hot hot hot! Even though it has a tint rating of 10 or 20, it was 98 degrees in Houston, today and the heat was searing through. Definitely putting extra tint up there.

Congrats!! Love the Pearl White. I sell real estate here in Dallas, and have found the iPhone app to be really helpful when showing property in this nasty heat (mine also has the pano roof). I've programmed myself to turn the A/C on via the app a few minutes before getting back in the car, and we walk out into 105-degree temps to find a car cooled inside to 70. Clients are very impressed...and appreciative. I also did the tint, and you'll find that it definitely helps. Enjoy your awesome ride!!

If you're talking about my spoiler, that's the new spoiler they are putting on all new deliveries. I think the original glossy CF spoiler was thinner and smaller. So yes, I believe the new ones are a little wider/taller.

I remember that feeling! Every morning.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it me or is your carbon trunk spoiler further out than most?

- - - Updated - - -

NICE! Glad to be of service :wink:

@skintrade
USS Enterprise - ENGAGE
Thanks man. What a brilliant suggestion. Now I finally know which text to write under my licence plate :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!! Love the Pearl White. I sell real estate here in Dallas, and have found the iPhone app to be really helpful when showing property in this nasty heat (mine also has the pano roof). I've programmed myself to turn the A/C on via the app a few minutes before getting back in the car, and we walk out into 105-degree temps to find a car cooled inside to 70. Clients are very impressed...and appreciative. I also did the tint, and you'll find that it definitely helps. Enjoy your awesome ride!!

Thanks! Very happy with the color choice. It will look even better tinted out. Yes, that's one of the coolest features of the car, the remote A/C access. I use it everyday before leaving the office. Should be nice in the winter time too. Such a simple idea, yet so ingenious! And today I discovered the app can track the EXACT location of the car when someone else is driving. Even tells you their speed and when they're hitting the throttle in real time. Too cool.

It came! SO awesome it made me want to cry laugh and giggle like a little girl all at the same time. I gunned it to just under 70 mph once and that freaked my wife (screaming and everything!) out so I guess I can't do that while she's in the car...
20130812_161943.jpg

Attachments

• ontruck.jpg
    ontruck.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:
Dude, pull your pants up before you take a picture! Lol, the way that crease bends your reflection it looks like they're around your ankles. Joking aside, it looks like mine, BEAUTIFUL. Maybe your wife wouldn't freak out if SHE was behind the wheel... I've had no fear in getting mine above 100.:wink:

Before I got my Model S, I used to make my wife cry on whenever I'd gun it like that. Since getting the Model S she doesn't even react, turns out it was the noise and anticipation that scared her, not the actual acceleration.
I think the issue is I never used to (well, I couldn't) gun it like that. I drove a Prius C with a whopping 99 hp, and I didn't use even use all 99 as I liked to hypermile to minimize gas usage so I think she just wasn't used to me driving that way :p
Congrats, man! Funded by TSLA, right?
Yup! I sold off enough to pay for ~half, took out the Penfed loan for the other half. I had enough profits to buy it and then some but really want the Model X at some point in the future so just sold enough that if I lose it all in the stock I can still afford the monthly payments.
Dude, pull your pants up before you take a picture! Lol, the way that crease bends your reflection it looks like they're around your ankles. Joking aside, it looks like mine, BEAUTIFUL. Maybe your wife wouldn't freak out if SHE was behind the wheel... I've had no fear in getting mine above 100.:wink:
Haha, you're right! That's kind of embarrassing...I offered to let my wife drive but she said maybe next time ;)

Congrats Jonathan. Beautiful car, and clearly the best color option out there :rolleyes:
Thanks! glad you agree ;)

We took it out to eat tonight to test/celebrate but it wasn't a far drive as I want to get paint armor on it before driving it too much. I will drop it off tomorrow morning. I met 3 new neighbors tonight. That's a 100% increase in the # of neighbors I knew before tonight :D

Hello, world!

Hi, I've been on the Telsa Motor Club forum for a few weeks, reading voraciously and learning from the accumulated wisdom of many, many people. Thank you for posting your knowledge and experiences!

I took delivery last Wednesday night of a green/tan P85+. As a relative late arrival to this party, I find myself at a loss for superlatives not already used elsewhere on this forum. With the help of thesaurus.com, I'll try to describe my feelings on seeing and driving this fine machine:

• beautiful
  • majestic
  • daunting
  • astonishing
  • awe-inspiring
  • magnificent
  • wondrous
  • stupefying
Ordered: July 1, 2013
Finalized: July 2
Initial delivery window promise: Late July
Updated delivery window promise: August 20
Final delivery window promise: August 12
Actual arrival at Watertown Service Center: August 5
Pick up at WSC: August 7
Drives since pick up: home. Around. Test drives with friends, family & strangers. Boston to Cape Cod & back. To the Opti Coat Man. To the Tint & Wrap Man. Anxiously awaiting its return...

And here's a picture, at the WSC, while finalizing paperwork, *before* WSC had a chance to do its clean-up & prep for delivery:

The Car.jpg

Thanks again to Tesla Motors Club and its members... a truly invaluable resource!

Alan

Hi, I've been on the Telsa Motor Club forum for a few weeks, reading voraciously and learning from the accumulated wisdom of many, many people. Thank you for posting your knowledge and experiences!

I took delivery last Wednesday night of a green/tan P85+. As a relative late arrival to this party, I find myself at a loss for superlatives not already used elsewhere on this forum. With the help of thesaurus.com, I'll try to describe my feelings on seeing and driving this fine machine:

• beautiful
  • majestic
  • daunting
  • astonishing
  • awe-inspiring
  • magnificent
  • wondrous
  • stupefying
Drives since pick up: home. Around. Test drives with friends, family & strangers. Boston to Cape Cod & back. To the Opti Coat Man. To the Tint & Wrap Man. Anxiously awaiting its return...

Thanks again to Tesla Motors Club and its members... a truly invaluable resource!

Alan
The green is awesome... and not too common. Congrats!

• beautiful
  • majestic
  • daunting
  • astonishing
  • awe-inspiring
  • magnificent
  • wondrous
  • stupefying

And here's a picture, at the WSC, while finalizing paperwork, *before* WSC had a chance to do its clean-up & prep for delivery:

View attachment 28220

Alan

Welcome to the Boston Model S community, Alan! Be sure to frequent the New England forum. Too bad you just missed the Mt Washington climb on August 3.

Welcome to the Boston Model S community, Alan! Be sure to frequent the New England forum. Too bad you just missed the Mt Washington climb on August 3.

I would love to do that if the drive is done again! Oh, and once the supercharger network is done as I will need to get it to NH. I've climbed Mt Washington before, driving up in a Model S should be almost as fun :)

I just had the most amazing delivery experience. First, my girlfriend drove me. Funny thing, is that we almost ran out of gas. We filled up just a few blocks from the SC. I arrive to a bunch of folk greeting us, all really excited as I am the first car to have the new options: Parking Sensors and Cold Weather package. They were loading up 5.0, as this software is required to operate those features.

When I walk in, they point to a blue car, but with the standard, not cyclone, wheels. They said, there's your car, and I said "no it's not". They laughed and said the the cyclone wheels are on back-order and they will exchange them for me later.

Here is the crazy part: they begin to go through all the options and I am just barely hanging on trying to control myself, when they suddenly mention "Extended Napa Leather Trim". I looked at them puzzled and said "I don't recall ordering the Extended Napa Leather Trim." They looked at their paperwork for a few moments, gave me a big smile and said "lucky day for you!" That's right folks. I got upgraded to the Extended Napa Leather Trim package at no charge. I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first, but I really do. Would I have paid $2,500 for this? No way.

I managed to put some miles on this beast today and really am enjoying it. I played with both the front and rear parking sensors and I'm really impressed with the integration. I see the WiFi, upgraded nav, etc, but have not played with that much really. I plan on leaving my car unplugged tonight to see what kind of losses I get.

What a great day.

I just had the most amazing delivery experience. First, my girlfriend drove me. Funny thing, is that we almost ran out of gas. We filled up just a few blocks from the SC. I arrive to a bunch of folk greeting us, all really excited as I am the first car to have the new options: Parking Sensors and Cold Weather package. They were loading up 5.0, as this software is required to operate those features.

When I walk in, they point to a blue car, but with the standard, not cyclone, wheels. They said, there's your car, and I said "no it's not". They laughed and said the the cyclone wheels are on back-order and they will exchange them for me later.

Here is the crazy part: they begin to go through all the options and I am just barely hanging on trying to control myself, when they suddenly mention "Extended Napa Leather Trim". I looked at them puzzled and said "I don't recall ordering the Extended Napa Leather Trim." They looked at their paperwork for a few moments, gave me a big smile and said "lucky day for you!" That's right folks. I got upgraded to the Extended Napa Leather Trim package at no charge. I wasn't even sure if I liked it at first, but I really do. Would I have paid $2,500 for this? No way.

I managed to put some miles on this beast today and really am enjoying it. I played with both the front and rear parking sensors and I'm really impressed with the integration. I see the WiFi, upgraded nav, etc, but have not played with that much really. I plan on leaving my car unplugged tonight to see what kind of losses I get.

What a great day.
I can see your smile from here. Congratulations.