Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve heard that they batch-build cars so maybe we’ll see a group of blue cars going though together over the next few weeks. If my order is to the timeline originally indicated I’m expecting mine next week however I somehow doubt it.
Just spoke with the delivery rep on the phone today. He confirmed the wait is 4-6 weeks from today. Asked about switching to an inventory or used LR Model S, and they are sold out all over.

I am bummed out. Guess this qualifies as a first world problem.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Just spoke with the delivery rep on the phone today. He confirmed the wait is 4-6 weeks from today. Asked about switching to an inventory or used LR Model S, and they are sold out all over.

I am bummed out. Guess this qualifies as a first world problem.
That’s more information than I got from my rep. All he would tell me is that I don’t have a VIN yet. When you were told 4-6 weeks out, is that delivery to you at your nearest service center? Mine will likely be even longer as I ordered after you.

That’s more information than I got from my rep. All he would tell me is that I don’t have a VIN yet. When you were told 4-6 weeks out, is that delivery to you at your nearest service center? Mine will likely be even longer as I ordered after you.
He told me that all new production is being shifted to fulfill overseas orders. If you look at the delivery thread on the Model 3 forum, there are multiple people confirming the same thing. He gave me an estimate of 4-6 weeks out but, to be honest with you, I don't think they are well informed on delivery timelines. The same guys scheduled my delivery appointment for 9/29 and told me on 9/28 that my car was "in the paint shop" and would be delivered first week of October.

I imagine they halted production before 9/22 and have been filling in orders with inventory models since then. Once they restart production, whenever that might be, they should pump our orders out fairly quick. With the sales numbers they are reporting, there can't be that much of a backlog.

Looks like there is a Blue with white interior LR, as well as a P in Dedham, MA.

I would go out and get one of those, but since I have a trade-in, its really not feasible to get my car out from Chicago to MA to do the trade.
I am on the exact opposite side of the country. Also not quite baller enough to throw down an extra few Gs for the same car. It's all yours if you want it, gbailey.

Also, I feel like if they are going to make any updates to the Model S, now would be the time to do it. Model S sales are lagging, the exterior is almost four years old, they have a few weeks to work out a new production line. Two months is a long time without any updates in Tesla terms. Hoping they will surprise us with some new stuff.

Thanks for the update.

I hadn’t read the delivery thread on the M3 forum, but have been looking at stock levels of new inventory MS on EV-CPO, and there are very few available. Most stock appear to be demo P100D and 100D models. It does make me wonder if MS production has been paused to allow line adjustments prior to a refresh or would that just be wishful thinking?

Whatever happens, I’ll just be keen to receive my car. Do share any further insights as and when you receive them. Thanks!

Ordered my new MS (Red, default wheels, White, FSD) in September. Asked to take delivery mid October when my current lease expires. Learnt yesterday that it could take up to 8-10 weeks. It could be as little as 4-6 weeks from now. Basically I agree with sentiment here - nobody knows exactly when US deliveries will restart and how much time it would take from that point to deliver my car. So much for jumping from one lease to another :p

Thanks for the update.

I hadn’t read the delivery thread on the M3 forum, but have been looking at stock levels of new inventory MS on EV-CPO, and there are very few available. Most stock appear to be demo P100D and 100D models. It does make me wonder if MS production has been paused to allow line adjustments prior to a refresh or would that just be wishful thinking?

Whatever happens, I’ll just be keen to receive my car. Do share any further insights as and when you receive them. Thanks!

While I wish Model S updates were coming, this does just seem to be Tesla's beginning of the quarter pattern for sending production overseas. That there is also the same availability issue with Model 3s, plus Elon's earlier comments about no more new features this year, further reduces any hope I would have.

I have been looking on EV CPO and inventory has been falling, but it did look today like a few new MS showed up. So maybe we are turning the corner.

Reactions: gbailey
I just read in an article that all cream interiors will come with black carpets. Too late for me but good news for folks ordering now. The article mentions that some customers with orders in process will receive this notification:

“We have improved the Model S Cream interior in all markets to make it better-looking and more durable. All new Model S configured with Cream interior are now produced with black carpets and floor mats. Just like the Model X Cream interior, the seats and trim remain cream.”
Sooooo

My BMW lease is up in December and my Model S 100D, which I love, will just barely makes the monthly round from Rancho Mirage to Los Angeles. After looking at the new black carpet that is standard with the beige option, I said screw it and order a Raven today. Same color, midnight silver metallic, and going with sonic 19” slipstream wheels. No more range anxiety.

Ordered 10/10/19, MS LR Red, white/black interior, 19 carbon wheels

Originally told expect delivery in December, but got an update a week later that it was in transit from the factory, delivery appointment scheduled 10/24/19. Suspect they found one already in production that matched my specs.

A friendly heads up, if this is your first Tesla: Make sure this is *not* an inventory car. If it is, which is OK, make sure you do your due diligence (extra) when picking the car up. Especially if it has more than 200 miles on it.

G'luck, congrats on the car & welcome to the fold.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Ordered Oct 10th, MS LR Blue, White interior, 19s.

Got a text today "Your Model S is in transit" and to schedule delivery or they will assign one by tonight.

It lets me schedule delivery on Nov 5-7th, so less than 4 weeks.

I am in Asia that week unfortunately, I am going to see if they can schedule delivery earlier or later.

Reactions: gbailey
Ordered and confirmed Model S LR on 10/5
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Dark Ash Wood Décor
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Information uploaded and waiting for VIN to be assigned currently. Will call sometime next week to hear an update if nothing is updated.

Follow-up... just gave Tesla a call asking for some sort of update. Best they could say is that with order date of 10/5/19 to expect delivery end of November, beginning of December.

Just called to check on my order on 10/3 (above) as well. Got the same response... likely late November. I can be patient, but this wait is killing me.
I ordered a LR Model S, MSM, cream interior. My estimated delivery is the second half of December which is consistent with west coast deliveries being made at the end of the quarter. Works fine for me since my BMW lease expires 12/20/