Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but this thread is way too long for me to go through. New user here, and soon-to-be first time Tesla owner.

I ordered my Model S today. I entered the info for Delivery Location and Registration.
However, I have not yet entered anything for Trade-In and Payment Method. (Image attached for reference)

I plan to apply for a Tesla Loan and I will be trading in my current car, however, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), loan applications and trade-in quotes are only valid for 30 days, and there's a chance the car will take longer than 30 days to be delivered to me, correct?
So should I wait a couple of weeks before submitting the missing details to ensure nothing will expire before taking delivery?

Capture.PNG

That’s strange. I ordered by Model S LR on 2 Oct and am scheduled to take delivery in Kansas City this Friday 8 November. It’s currently on a transporter in Chicago, so hopefully it makes it down in time. If what you’ve been told is right it seems like they may have had a production pause for Model S as my car was produced to order and was not a stock car.
is it an inventory car (2019) or 2020? most 2020's won't delivery before early to mid Dec....Make sure it is uncorked and has a 2020 vin number

Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before, but this thread is way too long for me to go through. New user here, and soon-to-be first time Tesla owner.

I ordered my Model S today. I entered the info for Delivery Location and Registration.
However, I have not yet entered anything for Trade-In and Payment Method. (Image attached for reference)

I plan to apply for a Tesla Loan and I will be trading in my current car, however, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), loan applications and trade-in quotes are only valid for 30 days, and there's a chance the car will take longer than 30 days to be delivered to me, correct?
So should I wait a couple of weeks before submitting the missing details to ensure nothing will expire before taking delivery?

You are correct. Wait till you get your delivery date before applying.

No VIN on web page but I was able to get the VIN from my local Tesla store. The ViIN has not yet been registered but I was told to wait until Monday. I made a custom order for the interior color. I was told it shipped one week ago. Did you get a text about setting up an appointment to pick up the car?

Ordered a Model S MSM, beige interior, on October 17, 2019 to be delivered to the Tesla service center in Palm Springs. As was the case with my first Tesla, the Tesla Advisor in Fremont stopped responding to my email once the deal was done. Luckily the folks on Palm Springs are extremely helpful and forthcoming. They told me not to expect a VIN until mid December, and that all their cars will be coming in late December. They are looking at 10 deliveries a day.

I asked if there’s a chance mine won’t come before 12/31 and they said no; Tesla wants everything delivered before year end.

I believe them, and have set aside a grain of salt

Reactions: dc_h
Congrats to everyone ordering your new Tesla.

I was at the Tesla Factory Tour earlier this week, I might have seen parts of your cars (motors, body panels, etc.) at the assembly lines over there. :)

The factory is an amazing marvel..... It is sitting on 370+ acres, has countless robots and 10,000+ people working together. Inside the factory, the assembly lines are literally left, right, and above you.

It was pretty cool to see where our cars were being made. I would highly recommend to sign up for the Tesla Factory Tour, if you live locally or happen to visit the area.

c60f04050efef12c0e32ab832023899f.jpg

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
Congrats to everyone ordering your new Tesla.

I was at the Tesla Factory Tour earlier this week, I might have seen parts of your cars (motors, body panels, etc.) at the assembly lines over there. :)

The factory is an amazing marvel..... It is sitting on 370+ acres, has countless robots and 10,000+ people working together. Inside the factory, the assembly lines are literally left, right, and above you.

It was pretty cool to see where our cars were being made. I would highly recommend to sign up for the Tesla Factory Tour, if you live locally or happen to visit the area.

c60f04050efef12c0e32ab832023899f.jpg
Agree. I took the tour in June 2018 in conjunction with taking delivery of my first Model S. If you plan to tour the factory book early.

Placed an order for MS LR, black exterior/white interior, w/ FSD on 12/3. Decided to remove the FSD on 12/7 so updated the order.

Just got this text this afternoon:

Did you know we now offer 60-day credit approvals for qualified customers? Get priority vehicle matching for faster delivery by completing your profile now at Tesla.com/teslaaccount

I went ahead and completed the credit application since I was going to finance through Tesla anyway. We’ll see if there is anything to “priority vehicle matching for faster delivery”. I’m doubtful.

Ordered a Model S MSM, beige interior, on October 17, 2019 to be delivered to the Tesla service center in Palm Springs. As was the case with my first Tesla, the Tesla Advisor in Fremont stopped responding to my email once the deal was done. Luckily the folks on Palm Springs are extremely helpful and forthcoming. They told me not to expect a VIN until mid December, and that all their cars will be coming in late December. They are looking at 10 deliveries a day.

I asked if there’s a chance mine won’t come before 12/31 and they said no; Tesla wants everything delivered before year end.

I believe them, and have set aside a grain of salt
Too bad that is too late for the California rebate - $2500. Expires on 12/3

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Ordered my MS LR on 10/14 and took delivery yesterday (11/8). Everything went flawlessly (despite a lot of the chatter on other threads around delivery quality issues), but I was mildly annoyed to get find out that it was built with V9 of the OS even though it was a new car ordered a few weeks after V10 was released. To my relief, though, it received the update within a few hours of being connected to my home WiFi