Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my delivery center in Palm Springs (Cathedral City) called and told me my delivery date has been pushed back from the 17th to the 27th. Still waiting for a VIN assignment. They have been told to expect a big delivery of cars next week, so there’s still the chance I’ll take delivery earlier. As I said before, it’s going to been a madhouse there with 200 deliveries for the last 2 weeks of 2019.

Looked through my order page, and I have a VIN. Ordered 11/27, confirmed 11/27:

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 1.20.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 1.20.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 5.01.11 PM.png

Ordered 10/31 - 2020 MS LR, MSM, white interior, 19", FSD
1st delivery scheduled 11/21 - cancelled 11/19 as car was re-purposed as a loaner (they can do that?)
2nd delivery scheduled 12/12 - cancelled 12/5 as car did not pass inspection. Has paint correction issues they tried to fix before transport. Car now going to body shop for repair.

Frustrating to say the least. Hopefully I take delivery before end of year. Anyone hear anything on $1,875 guarantees if the delay is on Tesla?

Took delivery today, car looks good. Delivery team had no idea where the paint defect was that was fixed and I could not tell either. Amazing car....

Reactions: Fred42
Received my Model S LR seven days ago, October 8th order date. Solid 2 months of waiting.

Drove it 6 days and got a warning on the dash "Car Needs Service - Power Reduced". Car goes into limp mode. Had to get the car towed. FML

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_180541.jpg
    IMG_20191213_180541.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 52
Received my Model S LR seven days ago, October 8th order date. Solid 2 months of waiting.

Drove it 6 days and got a warning on the dash "Car Needs Service - Power Reduced". Car goes into limp mode. Had to get the car towed. FML
That’s not good. Any idea what happened and the ETA to repair? Did they offer you a loaner? Hopefully it’s a simple and quick turn-around for you.

I ordered 10/22......quoted late dec delivery.....leaving for Ecuador on 27th dec...... called sales advisor on Friday and said I wanted to push put delivery until mid too late jan......he said no problem.....I am glad I did....seems like the west coast is last to be delivered and with year end rush, I believe more issues will present itself......may after new year, things will settle down little....

I ordered 10/22......quoted late dec delivery.....leaving for Ecuador on 27th dec...... called sales advisor on Friday and said I wanted to push put delivery until mid too late jan......he said no problem.....I am glad I did....seems like the west coast is last to be delivered and with year end rush, I believe more issues will present itself......may after new year, things will settle down little....
My SA told me yesterday they are expecting a few thousand cars to ship to So Cal next week and even more the week after (I’m assuming he means all models). I ordered 11/10.

can't believe they have hoarded a "few" thousand cars to ship to SoCal.....I would think they would want to dollars
I don’t think the cars are being hoarded. I’m pretty sure they are being trucked out as fast as possible, unfortunately we are closer to Fremont so we get ours’ last.

From what I’m reading the Model 3 production/deliveries have increased significantly and we on the west coast, as usual, get our cars at quarter’s end. As I’ve mentioned earlier my delivery center in Palm Springs/Cathedral City expect 200 cars to arrive the last 2 weeks of December.

I’ll sleep better when I get a VIN.

I don’t think the cars are being hoarded. I’m pretty sure they are being trucked out as fast as possible, unfortunately we are closer to Fremont so we get ours’ last.

From what I’m reading the Model 3 production/deliveries have increased significantly and we on the west coast, as usual, get our cars at quarter’s end. As I’ve mentioned earlier my delivery center in Palm Springs/Cathedral City expect 200 cars to arrive the last 2 weeks of December.

I just noticed that the website “claims” a Model S order would be delivered in 2 weeks, which lines up with my tentative December 27 appointment.

Attachments

• C36B619A-8A7B-4E41-85A1-08CF1E5704FD.jpeg
    C36B619A-8A7B-4E41-85A1-08CF1E5704FD.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 41

yep.....I just ran out of time.....leaving for Ecuador on 27 Dec.....so I requested they just push mine out til later Jan 2020.......maybe next run will not have all the end of quarter issues

View attachment 488820

well this post didn’t age well

First time poster...

I ordered my S on Saturday and it clearly said 2 week delivery time. Now, two days later, I see the same 5-8 week delivery time that @ScottRoberts33 highlighted on the order page.

What should I believe? Is there a chance that I'll have my car by end of December?

FYI, I live about 15min from Fremont.

First time poster...

I ordered my S on Saturday and it clearly said 2 week delivery time. Now, two days later, I see the same 5-8 week delivery time that @ScottRoberts33 highlighted on the order page.

What should I believe? Is there a chance that I'll have my car by end of December?

Good luck......10/22 order and promised before end of year....I just requested that I take delivery on late jan.......unless it's an inventory car or car someone did not take delivery that has your specs, you will probably see next year........or maybe Sanny Clause will delivery in stocking.......ho-ho-ho.....have a great Christmas

First time poster...

I think/hope you’ll get a December delivery. Surely all the production is dedicated to areas of the state where Tesla can get cars delivered by month end. It seems like a VIN assignment is the key to December deliveries.

Well, I placed my order for S, LR, full autopilot on 11/11. It will be our 3rd Tesla. I sold my 2015 S last month and my wife has a 3 (1 year old) that I've been driving since then. A week after placing my order I contact the SA to let them know that we are going out of town 12/22 for the rest of the year and needed delivery before then. Even offered to fly to N.Cal to pick up at factory. We live in So. Cal. so I thought the timing savings would be worth the flight cost, and the "downside" of getting to drive back the same day with my wife would be fun. Obviously despite several calls all I've been told is that it should be by the end of the year and they would "make a note" of my request". I never felt any conviction behind the statements.
I've been checking twice a day to see if a VIN was assigned. Just minutes ago (actually my 3rd time checking today) after going to the page and viewing page source (using chrome), there is a VIN!.
Now just need to get a call/text from the SA