Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my worry. I ordered a couple weeks back and was told I would take delivery by end of month (end of Q1). The lease is up on my other MS, so if they go dark for 4 weeks I'm assuming I won't take delivery until end of the end of June (end of Q2).

Hopefully they adjust and continue delivery from where they left off once everyone returns to work.

Tesla appears to defy Bay Area shutdown, plans to operate Fremont factory

Tesla appears to defy Bay Area shutdown, plans to operate Fremont factory - Electrek

Just got VIN assigned on account, paid the down payment sitting at home and vehicle will be delivered Thursday morning just past midnight and I have 24 hrs to accept delivery online. Love it, don't have to step out of my house. Its a Red MS LR+, Tan/oak interior, Tempest, Autopilot but no FSD at this point. Can't wait, looking forward to weekend! Exactly 6 weeks start to finish.

Just got VIN assigned on account, paid the down payment sitting at home and vehicle will be delivered Thursday morning just past midnight and I have 24 hrs to accept delivery online. Love it, don't have to step out of my house. Its a Red MS LR+, Tan/oak interior, Tempest, Autopilot but no FSD at this point. Can't wait, looking forward to weekend! Exactly 6 weeks start to finish.
Great news!
Still waiting here. Our VIN was assigned a week ago, but no tentative delivery date. Apparently the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office has now said the Tesla factory is “non-essential”. We’ll see if any end of Q1 MS deliveries make it to OR/WA. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since we placed our order (our config is the same, except color - we ordered black).

Great news!
Still waiting here. Our VIN was assigned a week ago, but no tentative delivery date. Apparently the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office has now said the Tesla factory is “non-essential”. We’ll see if any end of Q1 MS deliveries make it to OR/WA. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since we placed our order (our config is the same, except color - we ordered black).
11 weeks seems like a very long time. Perhaps there is a delivery issue to OR, you should call your sales guy to find out especially since you have VIN assigned. Tesla factory is still operational at ¼ capacity and they are reassigning staff to focus on sales and delivery. My Tesla delivery appointed has been confirmed for tomorrow by a human at Tesla :)
Hope you get yours soon. Also if you are financing, loan rates have gone down. I was able to renegotiate a lower rate.

11 weeks seems like a very long time. Perhaps there is a delivery issue to OR, you should call your sales guy to find out especially since you have VIN assigned. Tesla factory is still operational at ¼ capacity and they are reassigning staff to focus on sales and delivery. My Tesla delivery appointed has been confirmed for tomorrow by a human at Tesla :)
Hope you get yours soon. Also if you are financing, loan rates have gone down. I was able to renegotiate a lower rate.
Update: Apparently our car arrived at the service center yesterday! We are scheduled to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. We were advised that it will be a “minimum contact” delivery. Basically sign the papers, then handed the fobs, and given advice where to find support videos (I think I’ve watched all of them already). I believe the 11 week wait was due to us placing the order in the early part of fiscal quarter, and Tesla’s strategy to deliver on the west coast last to maximize deliveries per quarter (overseas first, east coast US next, and so on). Had we ordered the car 2 weeks ago, we’d likely be having the same delivery date.

Update: Apparently our car arrived at the service center yesterday! We are scheduled to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. We were advised that it will be a “minimum contact” delivery. Basically sign the papers, then handed the fobs, and given advice where to find support videos (I think I’ve watched all of them already). I believe the 11 week wait was due to us placing the order in the early part of fiscal quarter, and Tesla’s strategy to deliver on the west coast last to maximize deliveries per quarter (overseas first, east coast US next, and so on). Had we ordered the car 2 weeks ago, we’d likely be having the same delivery date.
My car too arrived in the showroom today and I plan to pick it up on the 30th of this month. (insurance work etc is still pending) .
I have been told by the tesla advisor, becuase to the Soft lockdown in Belgium, the delivery will be a zero contact delivery. They will place the car keys in a kiosk with a secret code and the secret code will be sent via sms/email . So there will be no human contact etc and I just have to go open the kiosk with the secret code and pick the car from the showroom parking... Won't be the best car delivery experience... but tough times call for tougher measures !!

Reactions: Aleks0404
My car too arrived in the showroom today and I plan to pick it up on the 30th of this month. (insurance work etc is still pending) .
I have been told by the tesla advisor, becuase to the Soft lockdown in Belgium, the delivery will be a zero contact delivery. They will place the car keys in a kiosk with a secret code and the secret code will be sent via sms/email . So there will be no human contact etc and I just have to go open the kiosk with the secret code and pick the car from the showroom parking... Won't be the best car delivery experience... but tough times call for tougher measures !!

now this is a story which you can tell your kids or grandkids and nobody will believe you in the near future. All the best and post some pictures during the process.

What new wheels?
Not sure. Supposedly it should have been changed from base to something else? Doesn’t make any sense. I ordered it on January 14! I have another service advisor trying to help but the whole experience just makes me mad. With this stupid Virus I probably won’t see it until June? Thinking about canceling it....may be just after they tell me it’s ready....they need to do better than this....

Reactions: Aleks0404
some good news to share today my VIN Number was shared xxxxxxxx392138. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the car after the VIN?
It depends on whether the car has arrived in Tilburg or not. Mine arrived 2.5 weeks later at the garage in march... however i have not been able to take the delivery because of a stupid expired identity document and corona regulations... now my delivery is planned for 14may

It depends on whether the car has arrived in Tilburg or not. Mine arrived 2.5 weeks later at the garage in march... however i have not been able to take the delivery because of a stupid expired identity document and corona regulations... now my delivery is planned for 14may

Hey Besla, his location London doesn't mean what you think it means ;) Kidding aside, this London is London, Ontario (Canada), not the UK, so no need for the car to go to Tilburg. Congrats @Aleks0404m hopefully you'll get her soon!!

Thanks Besla yeah its London Ontario :).

ATC@LWSK hvala druže yeah hope to get it early June.
Oops..... looks like they copied names from europe :) ... BTW I got my Car delivered today and here it is...
upload_2020-5-14_18-12-21.png