Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats DGates! I plan to take the day off when our car arrives. We haven't told our boys yet so my wife will have the camera rolling when we pick them up from school (assuming a weekday). Still trying to figure out how to hide the HPWC between install and delivery. Thinking about a installing a cabinet over it. The lengths I go through for a surprise...

Oh, that's a great idea! My 4-year old would freak out. He's super excited to ride in the rear facing seats and can't stop talking about it. Wish I had thought of that. Would have been great way to pick him up from his daycare.

Oh, that's a great idea! My 4-year old would freak out. He's super excited to ride in the rear facing seats and can't stop talking about it. Wish I had thought of that. Would have been great way to pick him up from his daycare.

Congrats DGates! I plan to take the day off when our car arrives. We haven't told our boys yet so my wife will have the camera rolling when we pick them up from school (assuming a weekday). Still trying to figure out how to hide the HPWC between install and delivery. Thinking about a installing a cabinet over it. The lengths I go through for a surprise...

What a fantastic idea! My sons (both under 3) would giggle all the way home. The older one already says "Faster, Daddy, faster!" So I guess texex91 would have him saying "Plus, Daddy, plus!"

What a fantastic idea! My sons (both under 3) would giggle all the way home. The older one already says "Faster, Daddy, faster!" So I guess texex91 would have him saying "Plus, Daddy, plus!"

Had the car almost 24 hours now. It's incredible! My son calls it a "spaceship roller coaster" and shouts "Yeah!" from the rear seats when we take off.

Good times! Picked up the Grey Ghost today and had a wicked ride home with my son. Since Mom and daughter decided to go shopping from the pickup we went to the tire shop that's been holding my 20” staggered TSW Nuburings in gunmetal, 9 up front 10 in back with Michelin PSSs. Man is the ride different. No slippage and pure rail feel. Wondering if a good bit of the P+ benefits come from tires. Anyway its good enough for me. Pics to follow soon.

Good times! Picked up the Grey Ghost today and had a wicked ride home with my son. Since Mom and daughter decided to go shopping from the pickup we went to the tire shop that's been holding my 20” staggered TSW Nuburings in gunmetal, 9 up front 10 in back with Michelin PSSs. Man is the ride different. No slippage and pure rail feel. Wondering if a good bit of the P+ benefits come from tires. Anyway its good enough for me. Pics to follow soon.

Congrats!! Let's see that beauty.

And yes, P+ comes from tires, suspension and handling.

I took delivery of my brown P85 (VIN 21431) at the Seattle SC. No drama, everything went as expected. Great experience. Thanks to all the folks who provided useful information in this forum. Still learning all the features of this amazing car and enjoying the silent ride!

Congrats. Let's see it when you have time to do something other than drive!

P25308
confirmed 10/6
Delivery date fixed for 12/5/2013
really interested in getting RVG.
being out of the TESLA finance states, going through the hoops..
any input is appreciated.

You do know you can get Tesla financing without being in the 'right' state? Delaware does not have it offered either. It was a little tricky, but I signed paperwork at the Fairless Hills, NJ store..a 'Tesla financing state' and had the car delivered to Norristown SC.

You do know you can get Tesla financing without being in the 'right' state? Delaware does not have it offered either. It was a little tricky, but I signed paperwork at the Fairless Hills, NJ store..a 'Tesla financing state' and had the car delivered to Norristown SC.
DS guiding me to only option for RVG is go through Tech CU, for non-TESLA states
they will finance 85% with 2.99 for 60 months. any longer term will increase the rate

do you have to pay extra for delivery? or included in the destination fee?

P25308
confirmed 10/6
Delivery date fixed for 12/5/2013
really interested in getting RVG.
being out of the TESLA finance states, going through the hoops..
any input is appreciated.

Tesla finance offered me two options, since I am also in a non-Tesla finance state.

1) sign the contract (and take delivery?) in a state where the financing is available. In my case, that would have meant a trip to NJ. I was approved by either Wells Fargo or US Bank for this option, but the rate was pretty high--3.24, I think?

2) Go through TechCU. That was obviously the better choice--no trip out of state, and a lower rate (1.99 at the time).