Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us info....

No worries. False alarm. It was just an email that was being delayed. It was a nasty gram to the scumbags over at AuoTrader (AutoNation was no better so seller beware...). Here's the email:

Your Trade in offer was a ripoff. I sold it to another dealer for $18,500.00 ($5,000.00 more). You guys can go to hell.

Barry B.

On Oct 17, 2013, at 2:48 AM, [email protected] wrote:
maillogo.jpg

AutoTrader.com's Instant Trade-In Offer on your 2004 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD for $13,466 expires on 10-18-2013.

Please allow approximately 30-40 minutes for the dealer to verify the condition of your car. Appointments
are not required. The dealer will verify the condition of your car, which may include a test drive. If the
inspection report differs from your online assessment of your vehicle's condition, the final offer amount will
be adjusted based on the report.

Last edited:
Oh my god... I just glanced at my emails and had a mini heart attack. :scared:

View attachment 33408

Heh. I see what happened there :)

Speaking of delays though just got a delivery date from my DS and sadly my car doesn't look like its going to make the "Late November" time frame. Currently I'm set for 12/05. At this point I'm looking forward to getting the car whenever I can so that extra week will just have to be dealt with as it comes. That'll involve daily visits with the lovely folks here on TMC. :)

Heh. I see what happened there :)

Speaking of delays though just got a delivery date from my DS and sadly my car doesn't look like its going to make the "Late November" time frame. Currently I'm set for 12/05. At this point I'm looking forward to getting the car whenever I can so that extra week will just have to be dealt with as it comes. That'll involve daily visits with the lovely folks here on TMC. :)

Same date for my S. will keep you company..

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations SamGarber

Good job on your trade in. Glad you avoided the AutoTrader black hole...

KBB and NADA say about $10k for my Prius on trade, $12k retail, AutoTrader offered $8k. Only 60k miles. Local car lots are asking $12k to $14k for lesser trim and 80k to 115k miles.

Time to polish it up and take it around to these dealers. Current estimate is I have until December, probably late, for my Model S 85. But I can sell the Prius today for the right offer.

Quite a leap from the Prius to the MS. I'm coming out of a Toyota Camry Hybrid myself. Not sure what I'll get given she has 107,000 miles on her.

KBB and NADA say about $10k for my Prius on trade, $12k retail, AutoTrader offered $8k. Only 60k miles. Local car lots are asking $12k to $14k for lesser trim and 80k to 115k miles.

Time to polish it up and take it around to these dealers. Current estimate is I have until December, probably late, for my Model S 85. But I can sell the Prius today for the right offer.

Confirmed Sept 28th
VIN:25852
Just secured a loan with Alliant @ 1.49% for $85698 (72 mo) - this is a pretty big deal, as I have only be in the country 3 years - I must say that the service was exceptional.

The Bellevue store led me to believe that delivery would be mid november (at the latest); But at the time I don't think they were aware of the EU batch
It looks to be very late November or early December based on others' posts.
The main issue (other than patience) is that my current Mazda 3 lease expires on Nov 1 and car pooling for a month is going to be pretty tough (wife and I work in opposite directions from our house)

<SoapBox>
The Mazda was my first ever brand new car (drove absolute beaters that made my wife fear for her life prior to that) - moving from cars < $1k to a fully loaded $25k car... to a $96k vehicle is pretty out there for me.
As long as I can remember I have absolutely loved cars (converted a 80' diesel rabbit into a speed freak gas/turbo). Back in the day these cars got 65mpg - 30 years on, less than a dozen cars can achieve this.
When you rip out the harness of a diesel and replace it with a gas and have to tie it into 5x the components....... you are staring failure right in the face.
I always frowned at the truly immense complexity of ICEs. Even as a teenager, the design of ICE's (gas in particular when compared against diesel) really made me wonder why an entire society embarrassed such non sense.
It wasn't until I was older that I realized that we can often be misled by unseen factors and that we accept realities a lot purely out of ignorance or perhaps even because we lack the creativity to know any different.
People don't really question things - they prefer to hold on to whatever answer it is they have stored away and become more rigid with time.
I have longed for a car that was simple in its design and I always knew that electric would achieve this. I have been waiting 25 years for this car and I'm only 33 years old.
But the waiting is the hardest part :) I have also dragged in about 50 other people into my vortex of impatience - I wager I can wrangle a few of them to buy.
Going to short circuit here, as I could write a novel.
</SoapBox>

I have been lurking for a long time now.
First post; It is a pleasure to now be a part of this community.

Brown | 85kw | pano | tech | PSensors (wife) | HF Sound | Smart Air | Tan + Obeche

KBB on mine was $16 to $18k and AutoNation offered me $13k. I easily got an $18k at the first place I went in person. They literally chased after me when I was leaving and upped their offer to $18.5k.

Definitely take it around. Small car lots are a good way to go too. They are more willing to take a chance especially if your car is in exceptionally good condition as mine was. It's worth the trouble to really clean it up (especially the inside) and make it look beautiful before you take her around. ;)

It wasn't until I was older that I realized that we can often be misled by unseen factors and that we accept realities a lot purely out of ignorance or perhaps even because we lack the creativity to know any different.
People don't really question things - they prefer to hold on to whatever answer it is they have stored away and become more rigid with time.

And as such, a great man named Elon Musk felt the same way and did something great about it. Well said! Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your car and well done getting a loan that large at that rate. Get ready to grin every day.

Oh crap... I got the dreaded call today from my DS at Tesla. Asked me if they could postpone my order for a couple of days. Problem is, with my schedule it would add 5 days until I could go get it. It would also cause me to have to ask the Car Dealer I sold my current vehicle to, to wait an additional 5 days and it could potentially blow the deal for me. Which would suck since they are paying me $5k more than that ripoff "AutoNation" place that Tesla recommended. Anyway, he's gonna "see what he can do" and get back to me tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling about this though. I just hope it doesn't blow the deal I have with the guy buying my car. :(

Oh crap... I got the dreaded call today from my DS at Tesla. Asked me if they could postpone my order for a couple of days. Problem is, with my schedule it would add 5 days until I could go get it. It would also cause me to have to ask the Car Dealer I sold my current vehicle to, to wait an additional 5 days and it could potentially blow the deal for me. Which would suck since they are paying me $5k more than that ripoff "AutoNation" place that Tesla recommended. Anyway, he's gonna "see what he can do" and get back to me tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling about this though. I just hope it doesn't blow the deal I have with the guy buying my car. :(

No fun for sure. Sell the car and rent one for 5 days.

No fun for sure. Sell the car and rent one for 5 days.

Can't you rent a car for a few days? Worst case that is a couple hundred bucks.

Better still. Ask your DS for a loaner and sell the car.

Thanks for the support guys. I've got a nice little knot in my gut. I'm crafting an email to my DS right now. If they do postpone me, I'll call the guy and see what he wants to do. If I have to sell him the car as promised then that's what I'll do. He may let me rent it back from him until the Tesla comes in. I've heard of dealers doing that in these kinds of situations.

Thanks for the support guys. I've got a nice little knot in my gut. I'm crafting an email to my DS right now. If they do postpone me, I'll call the guy and see what he wants to do. If I have to sell him the car as promised then that's what I'll do. He may let me rent it back from him until the Tesla comes in. I've heard of dealers doing that in these kinds of situations.

So now I get this:

Hello Barry,

It looks like your car is now on track to be delivered to you on Thursday. I apologize for any anxiety that occurred as a result of my phone call last night. I wanted to make sure you were prepared if we needed to deliver a day or two late, but it is looking like that will not be a problem. We are very excited to get you your new Tesla on Thursday. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Jesus. This guy is killing me. On our first meeting, he mistakenly thought my car was being delivered to Oregon, and now this. Why couldn't he have checked his facts BEFORE he ruined my day yesterday? He's certainly not making my "Delivery Experience" a very happy one to say the least. I just hope there's no more misinformation or glitches. I don't think my heart can take it.

Last edited: