Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well gang, it finally happened. Not quite two months since our initial test drive, our S85 arrived by truck yesterday evening. Everyone loves photos, so I took a bunch and uploaded them here: Flickr: rrkessler1's Photostream

The car arrived with 19 miles on it, and plastic covering the seats and random other parts. It was fascinating to watch the driver transform the truck into something with an auto lift, carefully extract it from its inner recesses, and deliver it to us. BTW, we decided that the truck was so big it might be difficult for it to reach our house, so we met him on a truck turnoff on the freeway. The only snafu was I forgot to bring that little California DMV temporary tag that I was supposed to put on the car before driving, but fortunately we made it home without incident.

BTW, Tesla grin was firmly in place as I accelerated from the truck pullout back onto the freeway. WOW.

The brown is quite striking and changes color depending on the light.

The Tesla weather mats had arrived on Friday and so we put those in first. Then began the process of programming it to fit our needs. There is still a lot more to do, but it sure is fun.

Note - for those keeping track, the software is version 5.6.

It sure is an amazing piece of machinery.

Well.. The day finally came!!! Took delivery of my S85 today. Great experience. The car arrived two days late at the SC so they DS (Jon) scheduled me for today at 2pm. He said he did 2 yesterday and 2 today and he ofter works 7 days per week. went over the car in about 1 hour. very smooth. Great drive home. I could not get the car to charge past 42 amps with the HPWC. I sent him an email so he could look into it tomorrow. Within 5 minutes after I sent it this evening he called me from his cell from his home. He emailed me the PDF for the installation file and we went over it. I have a 100 amp circuit hooked to it. I checked the dip switches and they were set to 50 amps. I set it to 100amps and the unit gave me a red flashing light :(

I then switched it to 90 amps on the HPWC and got a green light but the car will only draw 72 amps max. Better than 42 but not the full 90 or 100 amps I was hoping for. All in all a great delivery experience. I will post some pics tomorrow...

I have noticed the drivers side door takes a strong force to close it otherwise it does not shut completely. Not sure if I will have to get it checked...

Arun...

--------------------------
S85 with Metallic Blue || Tan Leather Seats || Obeche gloss || Tech || Parking Sensor || Pano Roof || Twin Charger || Order: Aug 29 Confirm: Sep 9, Production: ??, Delivery: Oct 25 but now October 27, VIN 22545

Well gang, it finally happened. Not quite two months since our initial test drive, our S85 arrived by truck yesterday evening. Everyone loves photos, so I took a bunch and uploaded them here: Flickr: rrkessler1's Photostream

The car arrived with 19 miles on it, and plastic covering the seats and random other parts. It was fascinating to watch the driver transform the truck into something with an auto lift, carefully extract it from its inner recesses, and deliver it to us. BTW, we decided that the truck was so big it might be difficult for it to reach our house, so we met him on a truck turnoff on the freeway. The only snafu was I forgot to bring that little California DMV temporary tag that I was supposed to put on the car before driving, but fortunately we made it home without incident.

BTW, Tesla grin was firmly in place as I accelerated from the truck pullout back onto the freeway. WOW.

The Tesla weather mats had arrived on Friday and so we put those in first. Then began the process of programming it to fit our needs. There is still a lot more to do, but it sure is fun.

AWESOME. That is not a cheap transport either--kudos to Tesla.

You will love it.

ENJOY!!

Hello fellow Tesla owners,

This is my first post. I've been waiting about a month for my new baby and still have about a month to go.

It has been really hard waiting this long for something so desired. I'm following all of your stories and your deliveries each day. It keeps me distracted while I watch the days go by.

I have purchased a key holder for my belt, looked into rims and snow tires, shopped for hood protection solutions, researched car wash procedures, read the owner's manual 10 times and still I cannot take my mind off of this every minute of every day.

Please keep your delivery (and other) stories coming to keep me sane!!! I'll provide updates as I hear more from Tesla.

Thanks for your help,

Tesla Obsessed!!!

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package

Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production ?? | Delivery ??

Welcome to the forums! Grats on the order and nice choice of color might I add. :) The wait is excruciating but having the forums helps. We can celebrate fellow Tesla owners getting their deliveries and know that they'll be there to celebrate ours as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice pics! That brown really does POP.

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. The day finally came!!! Took delivery of my S85 today. Great experience. The car arrived two days late at the SC so they DS (Jon) scheduled me for today at 2pm. He said he did 2 yesterday and 2 today and he ofter works 7 days per week. went over the car in about 1 hour. very smooth. Great drive home. I could not get the car to charge past 42 amps with the HPWC. I sent him an email so he could look into it tomorrow. Within 5 minutes after I sent it this evening he called me from his cell from his home. He emailed me the PDF for the installation file and we went over it. I have a 100 amp circuit hooked to it. I checked the dip switches and they were set to 50 amps. I set it to 100amps and the unit gave me a red flashing light :(

I then switched it to 90 amps on the HPWC and got a green light but the car will only draw 72 amps max. Better than 42 but not the full 90 or 100 amps I was hoping for. All in all a great delivery experience. I will post some pics tomorrow...

I have noticed the drivers side door takes a strong force to close it otherwise it does not shut completely. Not sure if I will have to get it checked...

Arun...

--------------------------
S85 with Metallic Blue || Tan Leather Seats || Obeche gloss || Tech || Parking Sensor || Pano Roof || Twin Charger || Order: Aug 29 Confirm: Sep 9, Production: ??, Delivery: Oct 25 but now October 27, VIN 22545

Grats on delivery!

I have a 100 amp circuit hooked to it. I checked the dip switches and they were set to 50 amps. I set it to 100amps and the unit gave me a red flashing light :(

I then switched it to 90 amps on the HPWC and got a green light but the car will only draw 72 amps max. Better than 42 but not the full 90 or 100 amps I was hoping for.

100 amp circuit is probably the max rating, not continuous, which will be lower.

Awesome! Congrats on finally getting the new baby home. Now the fun really begins. I'm very happy for you! She's a beauty. :)

ETA: I need to get me some of those Winter Mats. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot take my mind off of this every minute of every day.

Please keep your delivery (and other) stories coming to keep me sane!!! I'll provide updates as I hear more from Tesla.

Thanks for your help,

Tesla Obsessed!!!

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package

Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production ?? | Delivery ??

Ha! You are definitely in the right place then. There's something about these cars that captures a person's soul. It's like being in love. It's the first thing you think about in the morning and last thing you think about at night. I fell asleep many a night watching Mega Factories while I was waiting.

I managed to put together quite a list of Tesla YouTube videos here. I think I have most of the good ones and you are welcome to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLLDYRBmk14ShockPiTj_hCQ

In the meantime, there's a lot of folks here who feel exactly the same way. You are in good company. :)

For anyone who has ordered the Standard 85 or the P85 very recently (October), what was provided as the delivery date once you completed the order? I am looking to place my order and wanted to see if I can get it before Dec 31st..

I think the S85 option for delivery this year at this point is probably gone. I wouldn't wait much longer to find out though. You might get lucky as some of the S85 owners that ordered in late Aug / early Sep. at the end Q3 got theirs in 30 - 45 days.

For anyone who has ordered the Standard 85 or the P85 very recently (October), what was provided as the delivery date once you completed the order? I am looking to place my order and wanted to see if I can get it before Dec 31st..
I ordered a P85 Oct 1st and have delivery scheduled at the factory for 11/26. Doesn't look good for delivery this year unless orders died down. At the least you'll be cutting it very close even with a P85.