Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I GOT HER!! Pickup was in Tysons Corner, VA and it was fine. I took a checklist and when I arrived they pointed me in the direction of the car and let me loose. Everything looked fine, a couple of very, very minor scratches and I was not concerned about that because this car is going to sit outside anyhow. THe only thing I asked the DA to put in the record is that the removable cover of the lower trunk could not stay flush with the main trunk floor. It's either too big or misaligned. He said it was very common and he sees it often and to try to "stretch it". No, that isn't going to work. But it wasn't anything I was going to refuse delivery for and I will ask service about it at some point.

She was only charged to 63% and I asked about that, but he said they only charge between 50 and 70 or something. Fine, don't care. The other thing is that the Premium connection says it is expired when I tried to use Spotify. But the expiration date is showing a year from now. I figure that will sort itself out as the car reboots in the next few days. I also failed to get copies of any paperwork I signed, so hopefully that will show up somewhere.

So now that I have dropped off my unimpressed spouse, I am going to go out and drive by myself and figure some things out. I love the black with the cream interior, but I can already tell that the cream interior might require me to clean more than I usually do. She sure is purty, though!
Why doesn't your spouse like it?

Joined the MS club for the first time 3 days ago! Loving it so far. 2020 LR+, Black interior. Midnight Silver. 19" carbon slipstream, no FSD (yet).
A few questions/concerns and would love to get the advice of the members of this amazing forum that was so helpful in me deciding to join the ranks of Tesla owners.

1. I ordered the car originally in White and the carbon wheels looked great as a contrast to the white body color. Changed my mind and ended up with Midnight Silver. Not so sure about the grey body and grey wheels however (see pics)?
2. Trunk hatch is much tighter to one side than the other. Service dept claims easily corrected by adjusting the trunk hatch. See pics
3. The part of the front quarter panel that comes to a sharp point ending at the headlight is lifted slightly higher than the hood panel next to it. This is the case only on one side of the car, and it is flush on the other side. Service says this is "within tolerance" but they will try to fix it. See attached pics. Any thoughts?

I look forward to becoming an active participant in this very helpful forum! Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.View attachment 587192 View attachment 587193 View attachment 587193 View attachment 587194
I agonized over the checklist ... unimportant drive the car ... just traded my MS75 for LR+ cant wait to join you guys

Reactions: DustinT
I guess he just doesn't see what all the fuss is about. I also think he was having a bad day. But he is coming around now that we've had it a couple of weeks. Now I'm pushing him toward replacing HIS car with an X or Y, but he prefers easing into electric with the hybrid Pacifica.

Just give him some time with the Tesla, go on a long trip or something, and then see how it is. Usually that solves a lot of the fears of a pure electric car.

Ordered my White LR+ MS on 10/23. SA said expect an end of Nov arrival despite my Tesla account saying 12/12-12/31. Excited.

Ordered mine on the 23rd as well, but I am in OH so looks to be farther away than you from Fremont, however my SA said "oh the website is usually very accurate". My dates still say Dec 4-31st. I must have a trainee or something. :)

Reactions: Royalk4
Ordered on 10/14, in Miami, Florida. Estimated delivery shows 11/19 - 12/17. No VIN yet, got a text late last week saying 2-4 weeks out as well. But no other movement apart from that.

Curious are you guys doing Tesla financing or financing elsewhere? I'm going with a credit union and got everything squared away, just waiting on my MVPA which I assume I should get with the VIN or close to when the VIN is assigned.

Ordered on 10/14, in Miami, Florida. Estimated delivery shows 11/19 - 12/17. No VIN yet, got a text late last week saying 2-4 weeks out as well. But no other movement apart from that.

Curious are you guys doing Tesla financing or financing elsewhere? I'm going with a credit union and got everything squared away, just waiting on my MVPA which I assume I should get with the VIN or close to when the VIN is assigned.
I used Telsa financing as well. I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Wheels, black interior, and no FSD.

Hope you all in Miami are doing ok with the storm. Be safe.

A lot of rain but luckily the storm never really came our way is it looked at the beginning. My local CU didn't have great rates however I came across Carolina Cooperative and became a member. 1.99% up to 84 months. So slightly better than Tesla's 2.49%.

If it's not too late you guys might want to check it out.