Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Model S LR on Oct. 17 estimated delivery 11/21-12/19. I’ve been obsessively checking my Tesla account for updates and nothings changed since ordering. Have you guys noticed that it gets updated fairly often or should I just be waiting for a magically “text” with my VIN and ignore the website.

I’m also curious how many of you folks ordered a custom MS and then ended up just taking one that was in current inventory? I’ve noticed that you could get a few thousand dollars off if you’re willing to sacrifice color, rims, or interior.

Just an update I received my VIN on Saturday morning and then received a text on Tuesday asking me to schedule delivery. Looks like I’m set to take delivery on the 23rd. Really excited now!

I’ve got a quick hopefully its not a dumb one. but does the MS still come with a key fob or do we only get those smart card things?

Reactions: mikki
Just an update I received my VIN on Saturday morning and then received a text on Tuesday asking me to schedule delivery. Looks like I’m set to take delivery on the 23rd. Really excited now!

I’ve got a quick hopefully its not a dumb one. but does the MS still come with a key fob or do we only get those smart card things?
You'll be delighted to learn that the MS still comes with two black MS-shaped key fobs. Enjoy your new MS as much as we all do.

Ordered 9/22/20 (LR Black with Cream Interior, Autopilot). I wanted to order earlier in the summer, but wanted to make sure my work situation was stable during COVID. Then figured I might as well wait until Battery Day.

VIN Assigned 10/10 (Just checked my account and it was there, no notification)

Got a text today, 10/13 to set my delivery date.

Scheduled for 10/24 and I really hope it sticks! My SA said it was arriving the 23rd. Also, I am getting the new, lower pricing. She said it will be reflected in my contract by the 16th.
I GOT HER!! Pickup was in Tysons Corner, VA and it was fine. I took a checklist and when I arrived they pointed me in the direction of the car and let me loose. Everything looked fine, a couple of very, very minor scratches and I was not concerned about that because this car is going to sit outside anyhow. THe only thing I asked the DA to put in the record is that the removable cover of the lower trunk could not stay flush with the main trunk floor. It's either too big or misaligned. He said it was very common and he sees it often and to try to "stretch it". No, that isn't going to work. But it wasn't anything I was going to refuse delivery for and I will ask service about it at some point.

She was only charged to 63% and I asked about that, but he said they only charge between 50 and 70 or something. Fine, don't care. The other thing is that the Premium connection says it is expired when I tried to use Spotify. But the expiration date is showing a year from now. I figure that will sort itself out as the car reboots in the next few days. I also failed to get copies of any paperwork I signed, so hopefully that will show up somewhere.

So now that I have dropped off my unimpressed spouse, I am going to go out and drive by myself and figure some things out. I love the black with the cream interior, but I can already tell that the cream interior might require me to clean more than I usually do. She sure is purty, though!

Congrats! I ordered white interior on my black LR 10/14. Planning to get it professionally sealed, especially after seeing your feedback on the cream.

I still don’t have a VIN but I spoke to my SA today and I was told that based on what he see’s my car should be coming out of the factory by Nov. 11th and should arrive in NJ around the 24th. Not sure if its true as I haven’t gotten a text or seen any updates on the website but we will wait and see.
Ordered mine 10/14 San Diego and no update yet. But other side of the country so who knows. Hurry up Tesla!

Picked up my 2021 Model S today (Owings Mills). Couldn't be happier and found no issues with the vehicle so thankful for that. The sales Advisor/Manager was great work with too. Very good experience. A lot of folks picking up today and seemed to have similar experiences so things might be looking up.

Still no VIN for me either and I placed my order on Oct 10. My trade-in offer even expired and now I have to get it reevaluated. I’m hoping that doesn’t “reset” my line in queue.
I have traded in to Tesla before. My time went over the month expiration date and they honored it. I just showed up and wrote the check for the amount that shows on your order page and it was never questioned. I asked about it before it expired and my sales guy just said to try to keep it under 1000 miles as per the quote. They actually give you the option to pay for the car electronically for about 2 weeks before delivery and the amount will show minus your trade in value. I've done it both ways. I'm in the same boat as you right now and I'm not going to ask, I'm just going to show up and hopefully write a check for the amount shown. I ordered on 10/13 and will pick up the car on 11/25.