Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update I received my VIN on Saturday morning and then received a text on Tuesday asking me to schedule delivery. Looks like I’m set to take delivery on the 23rd. Really excited now!

I’ve got a quick hopefully its not a dumb one. but does the MS still come with a key fob or do we only get those smart card things?

I got two key fobs when I picked up three weeks ago.

I have traded in to Tesla before. My time went over the month expiration date and they honored it. I just showed up and wrote the check for the amount that shows on your order page and it was never questioned. I asked about it before it expired and my sales guy just said to try to keep it under 1000 miles as per the quote. They actually give you the option to pay for the car electronically for about 2 weeks before delivery and the amount will show minus your trade in value. I've done it both ways. I'm in the same boat as you right now and I'm not going to ask, I'm just going to show up and hopefully write a check for the amount shown. I ordered on 10/13 and will pick up the car on 11/25.
Thanks for the clarification! I am still waiting for my VIN :(

Did you complete your profile the same day that you ordered?

I did.

But I personally don't think that made any difference. I think it's all about logistics with Tesla - batches of cars destined for certain regions getting manufactured so as to try and optimize and maximize what they can deliver in the shortest amount of time. Just IMO.

Mike

Reactions: LN1_Casey
I did.

But I personally don't think that made any difference. I think it's all about logistics with Tesla - batches of cars destined for certain regions getting manufactured so as to try and optimize and maximize what they can deliver in the shortest amount of time. Just IMO.

Mike
So yea I ordered mine in Oct 10 but didn’t finish my financing until Oct 18. So I’m still waiting for a VIN unfortunately and have gotten different responses from multiple people regarding my delivery time

Ok I’m not financing through Tesla, I’m using a credit union. But I did complete that within a couple days after order.

I ordered 10/14 so it might have been around 10/18-10/19 also like you.
I placed my order on 11/3 and completed all of my tasks same day. Received the welcome text as well as the second text stating delivery is 3-6 weeks possibly sooner or later. I’ll be following your posts because I live in Palm Beach FL so I’m going to guess we should get our units in a similar timeframe. My impatience is killing me!

I placed my order on 11/3 and completed all of my tasks same day. Received the welcome text as well as the second text stating delivery is 3-6 weeks possibly sooner or later. I’ll be following your posts because I live in Palm Beach FL so I’m going to guess we should get our units in a similar timeframe. My impatience is killing me!

I’m sure our cars will come on the same truck! That’s probably why you got 3-6 weeks on 11/3 and I got 5-9 weeks on 10/14. Overall it’s probably the same delivery target for both cars.

Definitely let us know when you get a VIN, I’ll probably get mine around same time as you.

I’m sure our cars will come on the same truck! That’s probably why you got 3-6 weeks on 11/3 and I got 5-9 weeks on 10/14. Overall it’s probably the same delivery target for both cars.

Definitely let us know when you get a VIN, I’ll probably get mine around same time as you.
For sure! What spec did you order? I ordered a MS Performance White with White interior no FSD.