Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, since Tesla was unable to sell me tires they offer i ended up buying TSportline TSS 20" wheels with Pirelli winter tires, and they will install them at my delivery appointment as long as I sign a waiver.

My only issue now is they dropped my Model 3 trade value 4% even after accounting for increased pricing on FSD. The money isn't an issue, but to essentially raise the price of the car $2,000 two business days before delivery is a dick move.

I only ordered the car to help the company, S/X lines were underutilized and to make the 500k EOY target I figured they needed help or they would not have cut pricing either. I also understand a refresh may be released in very short order with Lucid shipping vehicles soon, and with that in mind already realize I will see much greater depreciation that the S has historically seen.

I am debating cancellation, but, anything else gas or electric doesn't quite compare. The only viable compelling is to go for the a Lucid Air Grand Touring this summer.

I will sleep on it and see if perhaps Tesla will meet me in the middle. Otherwise on principle alone I'll walk away from the order.
Gotta say it's real charitable of you to order a car because Tesla "needed help." Can I please get your home address. I will send my daughter over to sell some Girl Scout Cookies... and my son is still trying to sell magazines door-to-door... so I'll send him over too.

Gotta say it's real charitable of you to order a car because Tesla "needed help." Can I please get your home address. I will send my daughter over to sell some Girl Scout Cookies... and my son is still trying to sell magazines door-to-door... so I'll send him over too.

Tesla is a catalyst for change in the world and I strongly support their mission. I can't say that about the Girl Scouts, and I'd need to know about the magazine fundraiser before commenting on that.

Reactions: COS Blue
Excited, got a text that my Model S was delivered last night. This afternoon my SA called and said I could pick up Friday or this weekend. We were scheduled for Monday at noon. Also went with Carvana and sold my car and cancelled the trade in after some advice on here. Thanks all of you. Came out $1000 dollars ahead. My SA was cool and help change the paperwork. They have be great to work with through it all. They are located in Columbus OH. Have my check list ready to go. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I also remember all the folks and families dealing with Covid!

Tesla is a catalyst for change in the world and I strongly support their mission. I can't say that about the Girl Scouts, and I'd need to know about the magazine fundraiser before commenting on that.
Everyone knows... the Girl Scout mission is to sell heaps of cookies. My son's trying to earn a trip he can enjoy when us human beings can take safe trips again.

It's great you support the Tesla mission. I used to. Now I strongly support the EV mission from multiple carmakers, and am lobbying for Tesla to do the right thing by its customers. Happy holidays from CA !

My date has been shifting a single day every day as well. Texted my SA and was told the car pinged last at the port in LA. I’m in Hawaii so I’m guessing it’s waiting to catch a ride here and. They’re shifting the date a day ever day it doesn’t make the boat. SA said they get shipments every other month. December is the next.

• Informative
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Excited, got a text that my Model S was delivered last night. This afternoon my SA called and said I could pick up Friday or this weekend. We were scheduled for Monday at noon. Also went with Carvana and sold my car and cancelled the trade in after some advice on here. Thanks all of you. Came out $1000 dollars ahead. My SA was cool and help change the paperwork. They have be great to work with through it all. They are located in Columbus OH. Have my check list ready to go. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I also remember all the folks and families dealing with Covid!

Nice! I also have ordered a Model S (delivery timeframe is listed as between 12/09-12/30. Is there a checklist out there that I can use when I get delivery of the vehicle to know what to look for when assessing whether I should reject delivery or not?

Thanks.

My date has been shifting a single day every day as well. Texted my SA and was told the car pinged last at the port in LA. I’m in Hawaii so I’m guessing it’s waiting to catch a ride here and. They’re shifting the date a day ever day it doesn’t make the boat. SA said they get shipments every other month. December is the next.

My SA pinged mine at the port in Oakland this morning (after it got pushed to 12-18). I'd be surprised they'd ship it down to LA to transport it out, since it'd be cheaper to just go to Oakland as it's closer.

Sure. I picked up mine today in Columbus OH. It was a wonderful experience, the car had no issues at all. Have already put 150 miles. The car was immaculate inside and out. The safe was wonderful. When we got there, they had a congrats sign with our names on it. The fun begins! I hope the rest of you waiting have such an amazing experience. Thanks to all of you for sharing you insights.

Sure. I picked up mine today in Columbus OH. It was a wonderful experience, the car had no issues at all. Have already put 150 miles. The car was immaculate inside and out. The safe was wonderful. When we got there, they had a congrats sign with our names on it. The fun begins! I hope the rest of you waiting have such an amazing experience. Thanks to all of you for sharing you insights.

pictures or it didn’t happen!

I may have been wrong. Looks like they changed things from my last purchase. My payment page now wants an updated mileage on my trade in to requote because the original quote expired.
Did Tesla honor your original trade in value mine expired also and they are now coming back with a reduced quote -$2100 which seems extreme to me ... I only put about 500 miles since the original quote .... any ideas?