Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea....they do that knowing that the delivery date is well out and knowing that the quote will expire.....when you signed the contract it says that if it expires the old quote will be voided and a new quote will be used......and they know you are excited about the new car and won't want to cancel
you make a good point ... i am trading in a Tesla so i am not as excited ... lets see what they do ...I told them unacceptable I hate to walk away but this is in bad faith IMO

ok similar ~500 miles and $2100 ... just does not sit right with me .... they are testing my customer loyalty at this point

I hear that and honestly that was my first reaction as well. But after I reflected on it I decided that it's only supposition on my part to assume they are trying to screw me and low ball me on the trade - it's just as possible that with the Model 3 updates recently introduced resulted in a surge in buyers and trade ins and that's just the fair trade in market value one month later. If I didn't like it I was free to sell it myself on the open market (something I despise and am willing to take a monetary hit to not have to do).

Bottom line, had the new offer been the original offer I likely would've taken it at that time so, like I said, I sucked it up and paid the difference. I can certainly understand how that might not sit well with others and I considered just cancelling and keeping my Model 3. As far as loyalty, this will be my 5th Tesla purchased new since 2013 and I don't think Tesla even knows I'm a previous owner much less cares. I can't go back to ICE vehicles now and Tesla is the only viable option for me at this time.

Mike

Reactions: Zero CO2 and Fred42
still no VIN either...my original date of Dec 5 is approaching so let's see what happens. At this point I just want to be surprised and have stopped checking the site that much
The VIN is not always easy to find. On your account page there is still an RN #. Have you tried clicking on manage. There is a "to do" list and to the right of that box is your RN# again and under it (with no pomp and circumstance) could be YOUR VIN #!
Sorry if you tried this already.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
The VIN is not always easy to find. On your account page there is still an RN #. Have you tried clicking on manage. There is a "to do" list and to the right of that box is your RN# again and under it (with no pomp and circumstance) could be YOUR VIN #!
Sorry if you tried this already.
Yup all I see is below. I've even looked through the source code on the page lol
upload_2020-12-1_15-31-32.png

I had asked my SA earlier today if he had any update he just replied and he says logistics show 12/20 ETA to my delivery center. So looks like it will be slightly delayed for me....
I got a text message and the end of last week stating expected delivery would be by the end of the year. Pretty vague since I was expected to take delivery in 4-6 weeks from order. I believe ALL performance models are in a huge delay. I hope I'm wrong!