Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear that and honestly that was my first reaction as well. But after I reflected on it I decided that it's only supposition on my part to assume they are trying to screw me and low ball me on the trade - it's just as possible that with the Model 3 updates recently introduced resulted in a surge in buyers and trade ins and that's just the fair trade in market value one month later. If I didn't like it I was free to sell it myself on the open market (something I despise and am willing to take a monetary hit to not have to do).

Bottom line, had the new offer been the original offer I likely would've taken it at that time so, like I said, I sucked it up and paid the difference. I can certainly understand how that might not sit well with others and I considered just cancelling and keeping my Model 3. As far as loyalty, this will be my 5th Tesla purchased new since 2013 and I don't think Tesla even knows I'm a previous owner much less cares. I can't go back to ICE vehicles now and Tesla is the only viable option for me at this time.

Mike
thanks for that insight ... i feel the same about selling cars on my own (not something I care to spend my time doing) .. with ICE vehicles i would run them into the ground never have to sell ...

Tesla would not budge on trade so i cancelled my order(as a shareholder i like Tesla discipline o_O.... as a consumer... not so much:D ) ... will revisit MS in the future(wait for Plaid) ... thanks for the input ... BTW I think there will be a new MS LR+ coming available in Brooklyn NY shortly :D

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Did Tesla honor your original trade in value mine expired also and they are now coming back with a reduced quote -$2100 which seems extreme to me ... I only put about 500 miles since the original quote .... any ideas?
No they requoted $1,600 less than the original quote. I complained and they raised the quote by $1,000. Car Max offered $1,000 more than even that. So I just gave it to Car Max. It was no hassle. They checked the car and wrote a check on the spot.

• Informative
Reactions: Zero CO2
My date has been shifting a single day every day as well. Texted my SA and was told the car pinged last at the port in LA. I’m in Hawaii so I’m guessing it’s waiting to catch a ride here and. They’re shifting the date a day ever day it doesn’t make the boat. SA said they get shipments every other month. December is the next.

Has your SA given any more info on your car? Mine has said it's still sitting at the port, and my delivery is now 15 Dec - 21 Dec.

Has your SA given any more info on your car? Mine has said it's still sitting at the port, and my delivery is now 15 Dec - 21 Dec.

I messaged last week. No new info. Date keeps slipping one day still. It's mildly annoying but I understand that they are not going to just load my car up when it gets there and do multiple shipments from the mainland as cars are ready no matter how much I would like them to.