Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messaged last week. No new info. Date keeps slipping one day still. It's mildly annoying but I understand that they are not going to just load my car up when it gets there and do multiple shipments from the mainland as cars are ready no matter how much I would like them to.

Same, however at the same time I would have expected more than one boat a quarter, and they’d know when that boat was kicking off fairly early since there’d be only one. Or, alternatively, if multiple boats, they’d know those shipment dates too. They do for the RoRo that go to Europe after all.

No they requoted $1,600 less than the original quote. I complained and they raised the quote by $1,000. Car Max offered $1,000 more than even that. So I just gave it to Car Max. It was no hassle. They checked the car and wrote a check on the spot.
I might give that a shot ....
checking the site. I have a bad habit of going there like 10 times a day lol
it is good to see you are still checking 10 times a day on what i presume is your second Model S .... like a kid at Christmas :D

hahaha i say you are special for being in Hawaii! :)

Do you have a VIN at least? I don't even have that yet

Yeah, I have a VIN. Unfortunately, all that has managed for me is to know my car has been sitting in Oakland for the last few days, and to start paying for Insurance since initially the window of delivery was 5-11 December. Now it's 17-22 December.

Good luck with it - can you let us know which SC you are picking up from ?

let us know how it goes.

Pickup was at Buena Park. Unfortunately I had to refuse delivery. Rear bumper red paint didn’t match rest of car. Slightly darker. The car also had front license plate bracket installed as well and when I asked if they could remove it, they said there would be a hole there from the screw and they wouldn’t touch it. Car looked terrible having it on. It was all of the Model S on the lot that had it installed. I might end up canceling my order since my model y trade in value might drop even more by the time I’m paired with another vehicle :(

Attachments

• C4B59899-3766-4084-B8B5-8FED6618857F.jpeg
    C4B59899-3766-4084-B8B5-8FED6618857F.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 85
Pickup was at Buena Park. Unfortunately I had to refuse delivery. Rear bumper red paint didn’t match rest of car. Slightly darker. The car also had front license plate bracket installed as well and when I asked if they could remove it, they said there would be a hole there from the screw and they wouldn’t touch it. Car looked terrible having it on. It was all of the Model S on the lot that had it installed. I might end up canceling my order since my model y trade in value might drop even more by the time I’m paired with another vehicle :(

damn sorry to hear that. What were the options when you refused delivery? Get it remade or do they simply replace front and rear bumper since it sounds like those were the only issues?

damn sorry to hear that. What were the options when you refused delivery? Get it remade or do they simply replace front and rear bumper since it sounds like those were the only issues?

They didn’t give me any options. Just said ok we’ll try and match you with another vehicle. I honestly also didn’t want to deal with them saying service will fix it and then service says it’s within spec since the color was only slightly off.

They didn’t say anything about front bumper.
Just said that’s how all model s are made with the front plate frame attached now. And that only the model s came like that.

There shouldn't be any holes for that license plate holder based on this ->

Just sharing my ordering process and timeline for others who are curious. Will post about the delivery experience once we get the car.
Model S LR+
Red Paint with FSD and 21 sonic turbine wheels
Order Date: 10/23/20
Date VIN visible on website: 11/19/20
Text Message from Tesla to schedule Delivery: 11/20/20 Also indicated that Car would be at delivery center on 12/01.
Delivery Date confirmed for: 12/04/20

This will be about 10 days earlier than the original delivery estimate.
————————————

Quick update.. My delivery was supposed to happen today in Tampa. Received a call from the services center last night saying that the care did not pass inspection. More specifically there were some paint chips in the bumper they think happened in transit. As a result the bumper is going to be repainted and my delivery needs to be pushed out...looks like a week. Bummer