Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I removed my front license plate holder yesterday just like the above video showed. No holes visible at all. No sign it was ever there.
Brand new 2021 MS.

There shouldn't be any holes for that license plate holder based on this ->

Thanks for those news. I guess I just found it odd that only model s came with it installed and that the service department I spoke with seemed so confident that those were screwed in through the bumper and that there would be holes in it. Good to know if they pair me with another vehicle.

————————————

Quick update.. My delivery was supposed to happen today in Tampa. Received a call from the services center last night saying that the care did not pass inspection. More specifically there were some paint chips in the bumper they think happened in transit. As a result the bumper is going to be repainted and my delivery needs to be pushed out...looks like a week. Bummer

—————————
Another update....
Received a call from Tesla advising that they were able to fix a chip in the paint on the bumper today and car is now scheduled for pickup tomorrow morning! Will post results.

—————————
Another update....
Received a call from Tesla advising that they were able to fix a chip in the paint on the bumper today and car is now scheduled for pickup tomorrow morning! Will post results.

———————————

Update ......
Went to pick up car today. Did not take delivery but the service center is addressing issues with expectation that I can pick up the car By Tuesday. If it is not to my satisfaction they will order a new car.
Here are the issues....
Minor:
1) Paint scratches on drivers side door. Will try to attach pictures
2) paint issue near headlight. Paint appears to have bubbled and peeled off. Small spot...not a big deal.

Major:
1) Front Passenger door would not close like other doors. Had to use a lot more force to close the door. Tesla reps indicated this was an issue with pressure buildup in the car so the door wouldn’t close fully without some force. I pointed out that the three other doors close perfectly and smoothly. They then said something about needing to adjust the deals on this door....okay.
2) Rear hatch would not close automatically. Push button and hatch appears that it is going to close s all the way down and fail to latch and opens back up again. Strange thing is that Tesla rep said that this was caused by pressure build up in the car that caused the hatch not to lock. To prove this they opened one of the car doors and closed the hatch...it worked. 100% of time the rear hatch closed when you had one of the rear doors open. I told the, that I can’t be expected to have to open a door every time I want to close the rear hatch.

Eventually spoke with the manager who was very helpful and attentive. He advised that he thought these issues would resolve over time as the seals on the car were broken in but acknowledged this is not typical and committed to resolve the issues or would order a new car for us.

My initial feeling is that they were trying to explain away these issues as “normal” but with some pushback they acknowledged they were not okay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Not an ideal situation but my preference was to have them keep the car for a few days to resolve the minor paint, door and rear hatch issues before I take delivery instead of dealing with it later.

Has anyone else heard this explanation about “pressure” build up in the cabin keeping hatch or doors from closing fully?

• Informative
Reactions: omegafiler
———————————

Update ......
Went to pick up car today. Did not take delivery but the service center is addressing issues with expectation that I can pick up the car By Tuesday. If it is not to my satisfaction they will order a new car.
Here are the issues....
Minor:
1) Paint scratches on drivers side door. Will try to attach pictures
2) paint issue near headlight. Paint appears to have bubbled and peeled off. Small spot...not a big deal.

Major:
1) Front Passenger door would not close like other doors. Had to use a lot more force to close the door. Tesla reps indicated this was an issue with pressure buildup in the car so the door wouldn’t close fully without some force. I pointed out that the three other doors close perfectly and smoothly. They then said something about needing to adjust the deals on this door....okay.
2) Rear hatch would not close automatically. Push button and hatch appears that it is going to close s all the way down and fail to latch and opens back up again. Strange thing is that Tesla rep said that this was caused by pressure build up in the car that caused the hatch not to lock. To prove this they opened one of the car doors and closed the hatch...it worked. 100% of time the rear hatch closed when you had one of the rear doors open. I told the, that I can’t be expected to have to open a door every time I want to close the rear hatch.

Eventually spoke with the manager who was very helpful and attentive. He advised that he thought these issues would resolve over time as the seals on the car were broken in but acknowledged this is not typical and committed to resolve the issues or would order a new car for us.

My initial feeling is that they were trying to explain away these issues as “normal” but with some pushback they acknowledged they were not okay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Not an ideal situation but my preference was to have them keep the car for a few days to resolve the minor paint, door and rear hatch issues before I take delivery instead of dealing with it later.

Has anyone else heard this explanation about “pressure” build up in the cabin keeping hatch or doors from closing fully?
EEEEBBA0-A669-4361-A1DF-B6317AB9ABFD.jpeg
EEEEBBA0-A669-4361-A1DF-B6317AB9ABFD.jpeg
EEEEBBA0-A669-4361-A1DF-B6317AB9ABFD.jpeg 63C18C51-DF2D-4AD7-A861-1D88FF036067.jpeg

Got my VIN sometime today, it was not there first thing this morning. Ordered on the 23rd of October, says delivery date Dec 5-31st in Cinci. And that date has been moving both directions. on each end almost daily.

The last 6 are 425xxx

Here's hoping the car is in good shape when I pick it up.

My first post - Just placed an order for a Model S Performance - Estimated delivery date - December 20-31 - Seems like a pretty quick delivery compared to some I've seen - Prior to receiving Tesla's estimate, I expected a mid January delivery. This will be my first Tesla, not my first electric vehicle and not my first performance vehicle. Hoping for a good quality as delivered, even if it takes longer.

Reactions: COS Blue
Pickup was at Buena Park. Unfortunately I had to refuse delivery. Rear bumper red paint didn’t match rest of car. Slightly darker. The car also had front license plate bracket installed as well and when I asked if they could remove it, they said there would be a hole there from the screw and they wouldn’t touch it. Car looked terrible having it on. It was all of the Model S on the lot that had it installed. I might end up canceling my order since my model y trade in value might drop even more by the time I’m paired with another vehicle :(
That's really frustrating. Sorry that what should have been a fun day turned into a dud of a day.

As always, I don't understand why and how Tesla thinks it can continue doing business this way.

I wouldn't accept delivery of a Nissan Sentra with a paint mis-match.

Oh... I get it. Nissan and virtually every other auto manufacturer in the world has quality control and delivery protocols that avoid this kind of situation.

Musk - fix our cars and fix your company.

Reactions: cusetownusa
————————————

Quick update.. My delivery was supposed to happen today in Tampa. Received a call from the services center last night saying that the care did not pass inspection. More specifically there were some paint chips in the bumper they think happened in transit. As a result the bumper is going to be repainted and my delivery needs to be pushed out...looks like a week. Bummer
Uh... based on the experience of our friend in California a few days ago - make sure the bumper is painted to match the car.

That's really frustrating. Sorry that what should have been a fun day turned into a dud of a day.

As always, I don't understand why and how Tesla thinks it can continue doing business this way.

I wouldn't accept delivery of a Nissan Sentra with a paint mis-match.

Oh... I get it. Nissan and virtually every other auto manufacturer in the world has quality control and delivery protocols that avoid this kind of situation.

Musk - fix our cars and fix your company.

Yeah, it was a disappointing day. Lost all excitement for my vehicle. I cancelled my S and decided to keep my y performance. Money that would've went towards the S went towards ppf, ceramic coating, tints, and a coilover kit to hopefully make the ride smoother. I'll probably switch over to S in a few years. Hope everyone else's car is flawless!

20201207_072309_HDR_2.jpg
20201116_064640_2.jpg
So sorry others have has issues, but my experience was fantastic. My wife and I accepted delivery of two Model S LR+ over the past three weeks. No real issues with either car, my advisor was responsive and kept me informed, and the delivery at the service center was seamless. The only issue, which is so minor that this is not a complaint, was the protective film was left on the vanity mirrors. Great job by Tesla in The Woodlands and Houston, Texas.

View attachment 615391 View attachment 615392So sorry others have has issues, but my experience was fantastic. My wife and I accepted delivery of two Model S LR+ over the past three weeks. No real issues with either car, my advisor was responsive and kept me informed, and the delivery at the service center was seamless. The only issue, which is so minor that this is not a complaint, was the protective film was left on the vanity mirrors. Great job by Tesla in The Woodlands and Houston, Texas.

Good to hear some good news! We have hope after all. Cant wait for next Friday to see how mine is! I also ordered a Blue one, beautiful color.

Agree, the blue looks stunning, just waiting for mu Blue LR before Christmas.

I wonder if anyone who ordrs the blue after viewing it on the configurator is disappointed when they see it in the flesh as it looks a completely different blue on there (fortunately I really like the real blue)

When I go to build my car, it is showing 8-12 weeks which I assume is because the beginning of first quarter is set for EU. My question is if I put down the deposit now and a car happens to be available sooner, would I be able to push back delivery? From my understanding, I would be able to and it would just reset me back in the queue for a new car? I am looking to make my purchase and have my car by March/April so I am just wondering if it is best to put the deposit down now or put it down closer to when I am ready to have it.