Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to build my car, it is showing 8-12 weeks which I assume is because the beginning of first quarter is set for EU. My question is if I put down the deposit now and a car happens to be available sooner, would I be able to push back delivery? From my understanding, I would be able to and it would just reset me back in the queue for a new car? I am looking to make my purchase and have my car by March/April so I am just wondering if it is best to put the deposit down now or put it down closer to when I am ready to have it.

I had a similar situation. I was able to set a date with them up to six months out. I chose March, but ordered back in October.

I’m also in Charlotte, NC. Ordered on 10/22. Originally given expected delivery of 12/11-12/19. Received VIN and final payment instructions last night. New delivery date is 11/28-12/4.
LR+ Midnight silver with cream.
I took delivery today. VIN and all paperwork confirm a 2021 Model. Anyone know if there is anywhere in the system that would confirm that the Vehicle is equipped with the Full Self Driving autopilot that I paid for? It’s not reflected on the Moroney and I still need to put 50 miles on the car before anything FSD is active (assuming it was actually installed).

I took delivery today. VIN and all paperwork confirm a 2021 Model. Anyone know if there is anywhere in the system that would confirm that the Vehicle is equipped with the Full Self Driving autopilot that I paid for? It’s not reflected on the Moroney and I still need to put 50 miles on the car before anything FSD is active (assuming it was actually installed).

Every Tesla produced now has all the equipment for FSD no matter if you buy it or not. FSD is software only. If you paid for it it will be available to you to use once calibration completes.

When I go to build my car, it is showing 8-12 weeks which I assume is because the beginning of first quarter is set for EU. My question is if I put down the deposit now and a car happens to be available sooner, would I be able to push back delivery? From my understanding, I would be able to and it would just reset me back in the queue for a new car? I am looking to make my purchase and have my car by March/April so I am just wondering if it is best to put the deposit down now or put it down closer to when I am ready to have it.
Yes you can delay delivery.

There isn't really a queue in the traditional sense of that word. When you're ready, they will try to match you with a car.

Do you want the best price or the latest car? If the former, a reason to buy now is the possibility that the rumors of a new S early in 2021 are correct, which might mean a higher price. The rumors might not be correct.

Update on my Model S delivery....
Took delivery of the car today! Tesla did a great job resolving the issues. Paint chips in the drivers door were completely gone. Looked perfect.

Result was good, but communication was terrible. The delivery team has been overwhelmed since they have been having system issues for the last few days.

IMG_0058.jpg

Update on my Model S delivery....
Took delivery of the car today! Tesla did a great job resolving the issues. Paint chips in the drivers door were completely gone. Looked perfect.

Result was good, but communication was terrible. The delivery team has been overwhelmed since they have been having system issues for the last few days.

View attachment 616537
That red is amazing! Congrats!

Picked up my 2021 S LR+ on Monday in Raleigh.

A few minor flaws were quickly remedied by a senior service tech.
They were very attentive and we did not feel rushed. Encouraged not to accept until we were satisfied!
Communication was acceptable (we always want more) during the order to delivery window.

Job well done Raleigh!

Major, major upgrade from my 2014 85S with 96,000 miles. Suspension, ride, road noise, computer processing speed all dramatically improved. Will miss the free Supercharging. It also has just the right amount of new car smell!

Reactions: EVortex
Picked up my 2021 S LR+ on Monday in Raleigh.

A few minor flaws were quickly remedied by a senior service tech.
They were very attentive and we did not feel rushed. Encouraged not to accept until we were satisfied!
Communication was acceptable (we always want more) during the order to delivery window.

Job well done Raleigh!

Major, major upgrade from my 2014 85S with 96,000 miles. Suspension, ride, road noise, computer processing speed all dramatically improved. Will miss the free Supercharging. It also has just the right amount of new car smell!

good to hear someone else had a good experience. I can’t wait!

Finally got my delivery text last night (this is in the UK) was due mid December but delivery date is now 30th December. I don't feel excited anymore, partly relieved, partly anxious amout how little attention to detail is likely with trying to force the delivery in to this quarter.

no MVPA for me either. Scheduled for 12/18. So I hope to have MVPA by monday or Tuesday to have sufficient time to finalize loan and receive check from the credit union

I followed up with my SA today. He said the car arrived and he requested docs to be sent. Within 20 minutes I had the email asking for final payment and when I logged into the account saw the MVPA. Looks like I might also be able to move up my delivery!

Reactions: Ormond