Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, welcome to the forum and sorry you have to hear this, BUT, Yes, it’s too much to ask from Tesla after almost a decade of the exact same experience, customer treatment, etc.

They did make a projection for deliveries, they were just wrong, as usual.

Second, they have no reason to update any of us on any of these issues or whatever is happening. The vast majority of folks will just wait and take delivery whenever that comes. Same thing happened with S, X, 3 and Y.

If you don’t like it, no soup for you!
Ha! Don't be a soup Nazi 😛

OK, have a data point -- talked to the folks at my local store whom I have a good relationship with. They said that for my I build, I should expect delivery in the first half of next qtr.

My build is an LR, MSM over white, Arachnid wheels and FSD (although not sure those last two would make a difference. RN is 1144... and the order is dated 2/1. My status page has always said March delivery.

Last edited:
OK, have a data point -- talked to the folks at my local store whom I have a good relationship with. They said that for my I build, I expect delivery in the first half of next qtr.

My build is an LR, MSM over white, Arachnid wheels and FSD (although not sure those last two would make a difference. RN is 1144... and the order is dated 2/1. My status page has always said March delivery.
They are just speculating to get you to leave them alone. 😂

First half of next quarter is probably a good guess for the vast majority of current orders.

Reactions: foos and Tigers
Looks like they will go over how to set your car afire.. "charing"

"If you have a new Tesla, you probably have a few questions. We'll be holding monthly virtual sessions to go over vehicle basic (operation, Autopilot, charing, etc) and answer any questions you might have. It's free, you just need to sign up."

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo
Looks like they will go over how to set your car afire.. "charing"

"If you have a new Tesla, you probably have a few questions. We'll be holding monthly virtual sessions to go over vehicle basic (operation, Autopilot, charing, etc) and answer any questions you might have. It's free, you just need to sign up."
Well, Tesla did cut their entire PR team, right? Who knows whether anyone is actually checking these things before they go out.

OK, have a data point -- talked to the folks at my local store whom I have a good relationship with. They said that for my I build, I should expect delivery in the first half of next qtr.

First half of next quarter? WTH? Is that a fancy roundabout way to say April? I was told April too and my reservation still says March. I don’t think anyone knows for sure and they all are simply applying common sense at this point. They will punt it to May if it is still crickets by April 15.

• Funny
Reactions: DDotJ and Drew-MS
C45BA639-FD85-4EE8-931D-54025C64446A.jpeg

First half of next quarter? WTH? Is that a fancy roundabout way to say April? I was told April too and my reservation still says March. I don’t think anyone knows for sure and they all are simply applying common sense at this point. They will punt it to May if it is still crickets by April 15.
Well, technically that is taking us into mid-May :(

This Enhanced Autopilot on your order seems odd. I was under the assumption that Enhanced Autopilot is no longer available on new car purchases in North America since they ported some of the features such as summon from EAP to FSD. My order says

Autopilot
Your Model S comes standard with Autopilot. Upgrade to Full Self-Driving before delivery.
ADD FULL SELF-DRIVING

Can anyone explain why his order would list EAP?

Reactions: Tigers