Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know everyone's bored and anxious and they want to discuss the new Model S details and gossip, but most of the recent messages has zero to do with the actual topic of the thread, which is Model S ordering and deliveries (since the thread was first created in 2012). Fair warning that I might be spawning off some other threads to hold some of this other discussion.

Bruce.
Totally get the “Apple v Tesla” being off topic, or other truly random topics, but in general, are you suggesting this thread go dark until deliveries start? No one will be able to post anything about deliveries for some unknown period. That’s not the way it’s been used for almost a decade.

So posts related to yoke and other options (e.g. plaid, plaid+, specs, etc) should not be discussed here, correct? I note you’ve moved some of those posts to more specific threads, totally fine with me. FWIW, I think people are jonesing for active convo and the other threads, even X refresh threads, are pretty dead. Not an excuse, I get it.

The only thing we should post here is order date, VIN, expected or actual delivery? “Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data including the highest reported VIN (include your country if outside the USA)”

Not trying to be difficult, but also want to make sure I understand terms here.

Last edited:
Totally get the “Apple v Tesla” being off topic, or other truly random topics, but in general, are you suggesting this thread go dark until deliveries start? No one will be able to post anything about deliveries for some unknown period. That’s not the way it’s been used for almost a decade.

So posts related to yoke and other options (e.g. plaid, plaid+, specs, etc) should not be discussed here, correct? I note you’ve moved some of those posts to more specific threads, totally fine with me. FWIW, I think people are jonesing for active convo and the other threads, even X refresh threads, are pretty dead. Not an excuse, I get it.

The only thing we should post here is order date, VIN, expected or actual delivery? “Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data including the highest reported VIN (include your country if outside the USA)”

Ordered mine on 2/13. Was hoping to get it by the end of April

No, I wasn't quite suggesting the thread go dark except for actual deliveries. I'd say if you're somewhere in the ordering/delivery process, any updates would be right on topic (although I do notice someone made a "waiting room" thread also in this forum). I dimly remember that one of my first posts to TMC was in this thread, but I don't remember if it was before or after I took delivery.

There are a lot of other places to put the other discussion topics about the Model S refresh (and for the most part it's good discussion too). But for people who want to know specifically about taking delivery (and loosely the steps leading up to it), they don't want to be sorting through all that. Mostly I'm trying to move stuff that clearly doesn't have anything to do with ordering and taking delivery of a Model S (of any vintage).

(And yeah part of this is my fault as a moderator for not being more on-top of this.)

Thanks,

Bruce.

No, I wasn't quite suggesting the thread go dark except for actual deliveries. I'd say if you're somewhere in the ordering/delivery process, any updates would be right on topic (although I do notice someone made a "waiting room" thread also in this forum). I dimly remember that one of my first posts to TMC was in this thread, but I don't remember if it was before or after I took delivery.

There are a lot of other places to put the other discussion topics about the Model S refresh (and for the most part it's good discussion too). But for people who want to know specifically about taking delivery (and loosely the steps leading up to it), they don't want to be sorting through all that. Mostly I'm trying to move stuff that clearly doesn't have anything to do with ordering and taking delivery of a Model S (of any vintage).

(And yeah part of this is my fault as a moderator for not being more on-top of this.)

Thanks,

Bruce.
Totally get it and appreciate the response. It’s just a bummer because the other threads, like the waiting room one, are dead, but I don’t want to get in the way of folks looking for delivery info. :-(

Ordered a Plaid (now Plaid+) on announcement day 9/22/20.
Tried to downgrade to Model S Long Range and maintain $8,000 FSD price with no success. (A formal request was submitted and denied around 4 days after submission)
I let the order stay as is for the time being (now 12,000 Less than current price) Delivery was late 2021.
Configurator now says mid-2022. No updates to my reservation beyond the addition of the “+”
Safe to assume my early reservation is now mid-2022. Unsure if the price will be adjusted as well...
I placed an order online for a Model S Long Range on 3/11/21. Delivery 4-11 weeks from order date.
Added this delivery window entry (4/8-5/27) to my iOS calendar today...
810F1E7B-FDFB-493E-9380-178B655109CC.jpeg

Ordered a Plaid (now Plaid+) on announcement day 9/22/20.
Tried to downgrade to Model S Long Range and maintain $8,000 FSD price with no success. (A formal request was submitted and denied around 4 days after submission)
I let the order stay as is for the time being (now 12,000 Less than current price) Delivery was late 2021.
Configurator now says mid-2022. No updates to my reservation beyond the addition of the “+”
Safe to assume my early reservation is now mid-2022. Unsure if the price will be adjusted as well...
I placed an order online for a Model S Long Range on 3/11/21. Delivery 4-11 weeks from order date.
Added this delivery window entry (4/8-5/27) to my iOS calendar today...
View attachment 646765
Same here. I have an order agreement so I hope that carries some weight on maintaining the price point. I am looking at ordering a M3 and selling next year when I take delivery [insert joke here].

Attachments

• F7FF8652-8CED-4890-BAD3-7F607E5D4B65.jpeg
    F7FF8652-8CED-4890-BAD3-7F607E5D4B65.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 65

Thanks,

Bruce.
If you know anyone at Tesla who can provide some helpful information, that would be awesome.... Specifically,
Are chip or other parts shortages causing the delays or is it something else entirely ?
Rear tire sizes
Info on the yoke regarding approval
Is May-June a realistic timeframe deliveries will start

There are lots of questions existing customers / reservation holders have regarding the refresh model s. There has been too much silence lately considering many people here have accounts that still say 'March delivery' and there's 9 days left in March. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Reactions: SpaceCash
If you know anyone at Tesla who can provide some helpful information, that would be awesome.... Specifically,
Are chip or other parts shortages causing the delays or is it something else entirely ?
Rear tire sizes

There are lots of questions existing customers / reservation holders have regarding the refresh model s. There has been too much silence lately considering many people here have accounts that still say 'March delivery' and there's 9 days left in March. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

I'm not sure if you're asking me specifically or the entire forum. I personally have no contacts at Tesla who 1) would have this information with any degree of confidence and 2) would be willing to break whatever NDA agreements they have with their employer to leak that to me.

Bruce.

PS. And even if I had a scoop like that and wanted to share it, I'd probably post it in a different thread. ;)

I'm not sure if you're asking me specifically or the entire forum. I personally have no contacts at Tesla who 1) would have this information with any degree of confidence and 2) would be willing to break whatever NDA agreements they have with their employer to leak that to me.

Bruce.

PS. And even if I had a scoop like that and wanted to share it, I'd probably post it in a different thread. ;)
Fair enough.. Yes I was asking you specifically... All good though, thank you

Reactions: foos and bmah
Rear tire sizes

It is pretty impressive that there haven’t been any leaks to explain the delay. There are numerous leaks around Apple products often months in advance these days. With the number of moving parts and parties involved in manufacturing a car one would assume somewhere something would leak.

Reactions: Drew-MS
It is pretty impressive that there haven’t been any leaks to explain the delay. There are numerous leaks around Apple products often months in advance these days. With the number of moving parts and parties involved in manufacturing a car one would assume somewhere something would leak.
Off topic. Yellow card. :)

Exactly, as I've mentioned before. If there were something really horrific going on to explain the delay, the chances of a leak (or variations of some ugly rumor) would IMO go up. That there has been nothing speaks to me of business as usual at Tesla, i.e., they're getting 'er done--on Elon time perhaps, but getting 'er done.

Same here. I have an order agreement so I hope that carries some weight on maintaining the price point. I am looking at ordering a M3 and selling next year when I take delivery [insert joke here].
Funny,
We are trading in our early 2018 RWD Model 3 (vin in the mid 18,000s) for the refreshed LR MS.
My wife will be driving our 2018 MS 100D which has unlimited Supercharging.
I’ll decide the next step when the Plaid+ gets real...
To further complicate things, I also have a Referral Founders’ Edition Roadster in my Tesla account with a 24% discount.
First world problem...

Attachments

• 12393171-1BC3-47A1-9797-59662A4D3A0D.jpeg
    12393171-1BC3-47A1-9797-59662A4D3A0D.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 48
  • EBD5A9AC-5338-4015-8ACA-10B4953C281A.jpeg
    EBD5A9AC-5338-4015-8ACA-10B4953C281A.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Love
Reactions: TNGuy99 and elguapo

Bruce.

Would you be so kind as to tell us what different thread you might post your scoop on. That way we can all keep busy for the next few months checking that thread. 🙂

Funny,
We are trading in our early 2018 RWD Model 3 (vin in the mid 18,000s) for the refreshed LR MS.
My wife will be driving our 2018 MS 100D which has unlimited Supercharging.
I’ll decide the next step when the Plaid+ gets real...
To further complicate things, I also have a Referral Founders’ Edition Roadster in my Tesla account with a 24% discount.
First world problem...
Definitely good problems. The structure of the Founder's edition seemed a bit ridiculous. Tesla requires the entire $250K upfront years before the car will be produced,... I was tempted to put a $50K deposit down for a roadster in 2017 but I decided to wait. The car is definitely worth it, but the entire $250K upfront is absurd..