Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pure speculation follows.

The Elon minders were not able to mute his desire for no steering wheel. Compromise was a yoke.

Someone dropped the ball on getting full regulatory approval, causing a delay in shipping to customers.

Now, the plan will be a big announcement just before the missed earnings and deliveries showing an approved yoke and thousands of cars hidden through out the country, ready for delivery, with a 10k car order backlog.

End of speculation.
If the only bottleneck was yoke vs wheel they would have shipped everything with steering wheels and change them later. I’m speculating there are other issues probably in the supply chain that does not allow significant production yet. One could be that super duper new MCU with hard to procure SoC, in the same way that component makes PS5s and XboXes very hard to find. You don‘t start a full production line unless all supply issues are solved.

Reactions: foos
Yea so obviously all those Model S's we saw from the drone footage are testers shipped to service centers all over the country.. The biggest question is.. Has anyone seen a test vehicle with Red calipers?? I really think the only new S's out in the wild are LR with different configs... I really don't think a plaid has been made yet!
Sam literally just shared one 42 minutes ago in this thread?

I am not seeing the red calipers.. Are there more pictures? I saw the post on Twitter but still no definitive red calipers in those pics
1616522172885.png

Reactions: elguapo and TNGuy99
They are going to need a lot of hype to overcome the the effect of missed deliveries on the stock price EOQ.

Not even Cathy Wood will stop that.

Might be a buying opportunity, but I cant support a company that fails to communicate as they have with the refresh timeline.
Points 1 and 2. Not sure how much a factor the S and X have lately been on revenues based on declining sales. If the 3 & Y have an offsetting increase this quarter (with higher unit sales due to margin difference), I suspect the SP won't be impacted much. Not by this. Now, some kind of crazy and unexpected large number of deliveries or sightings of S's before end of quarter could cause an uptick. 1000% speculation on my part.

Point 3. I certainly can support the mission despite some failings in execution, particularly communication. And this refresh roll-out was very poorly done. The car will be phenomenal. From some pix it looks much more bulbous yet also more aggressive. I like it.

So, beyond test mules, we might be seeing cars that are being loaned to influencers and media outlets for reviews. I don't see Tesla shipping cars to stores since they would likely rather take the revenue and claim Q1 deliveries, and given the apparent demand (need to run double shifts), there would really be no need for store models at this time. However, a series of glowing reviews, releases in concert, might we worthwhile. More speculation on my part.

Points 1 and 2. Not sure how much a factor the S and X have lately been on revenues based on declining sales. If the 3 & Y have an offsetting increase this quarter (with higher unit sales due to margin difference), I suspect the SP won't be impacted much. Not by this. Now, some kind of crazy and unexpected large number of deliveries or sightings of S's before end of quarter could cause an uptick. 1000% speculation on my part.

Point 3. I certainly can support the mission despite some failings in execution, particularly communication. And this refresh roll-out was very poorly done. The car will be phenomenal. From some pix it looks much more bulbous yet also more aggressive. I like it.
I agree strong sales of M3 and MY are likely going to offset no sales of MX MS.

They may still miss analysts estimates, but that will be a short term effect on the stock price offset by some glowing reports of the first cars delivered.

They better be 100% up and running by end of Q2 though...

Even though the exterior of the refresh isn’t much different from the current S, it definitely has a more muscular stance especially with the 21s. The car looks great in recent pics.

Totally agree. I've always had pretty aggressive looking sports cars, and the S never struck me as having the looks. But once I saw the refresh and the performance specs, I had to jump the shark and order one. I'm thinking all black with tinted windows, and the 21's I paid up for might just have this thing looking mean on the streets. I'm trying not to get excited though. I know the wait will most likely get nothing but longer.

Is there an uptick in 3 and Y sales?
While S and X where lower volume, they were presumably higher margin, more likely to take FSD donation I suspect.
Either way, flat deliveries is flat deliveries. Poor execution is poor execution.
The FSD beta reviews have been horrible.
I wouldn't be a TSLA buyer right now for sure.

Is there an uptick in 3 and Y sales?
While S and X where lower volume, they were presumably higher margin, more likely to take FSD donation I suspect.
Either way, flat deliveries is flat deliveries. Poor execution is poor execution.
The FSD beta reviews have been horrible.
I wouldn't be a TSLA buyer right now for sure.
Not an uptick, Sales overall have been accelerating and will continue to do so post pandemic. China in particular.

It only takes 15% more sales to wipe out the non deliveries of MS and MX.

If Elon though there would be a serious miss that would tank the stock, he would ship cars without wheels and promise to fix them with a future update.

Totally agree. I've always had pretty aggressive looking sports cars, and the S never struck me as having the looks. But once I saw the refresh and the performance specs, I had to jump the shark and order one. I'm thinking all black with tinted windows, and the 21's I paid up for might just have this thing looking mean on the streets. I'm trying not to get excited though. I know the wait will most likely get nothing but longer.
Nice, it will be worth the wait.. definitely a bada** car for your first EV...