Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 19" with wheel cover is more efficient. However, if you had narrower 21" tires and more of an A/S rubber compound, the 21's would not be such a penalty. Will square my 21's with good A/S and see if that bring backs some of the range. The higher sidewall of the 19's make them a little more aero now matter what.
Why could they not make the tempest wheels darker to blend with the chrome delete? I would have went with the smaller wheels and saved $4500 if they did that. The silvers look awful

The 19" with wheel cover is more efficient. However, if you had narrower 21" tires and more of an A/S rubber compound, the 21's would not be such a penalty. Will square my 21's with good A/S and see if that bring backs some of the range. The higher sidewall of the 19's make them a little more aero now matter what.
Agreed. I’ve been driving on the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 A/S for years and love them! Grippy, great in the heavy rain, and they last 20k mi+. I would try the new Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires though...would be interesting to compare the performance, wear, and efficiency with max range.

• Love
Reactions: elguapo
Back to delivery....why can't a tech company fix this? At least give me an image so I can explain to family member why I am loaning Elon 1000 USD? Screenshot_20210327-093930.png

Reactions: elguapo and TNGuy99
Speaking of delivery... When I go into my SC and ask the SA if any update, am I the only one who feels like Chrlie Brown?

View attachment 648469
Up to you, but I wouldn't even waste my breath asking. They're all useless and know as much information as we all do. I would just be patient and think positively, and hopefully within the next few weeks in April, you'll get the update with a VIN and email saying your vehicle is ready for delivery. I think it's pointless to ask anyone including the SA's or chatting online with Tesla customer service reps. I hope that Tesla changes for the better in the future in terms of customer service, transparency, and putting out solid information with realistic timelines, but if history over the past decade proves anything, it seems Tesla has made corporate decisions to go in a very different direction than other auto manufacturers.

Up to you, but I wouldn't even waste my breath asking. They're all useless and know as much information as we all do. I would just be patient and think positively, and hopefully within the next few weeks in April, you'll get the update with a VIN and email saying your vehicle is ready for delivery. I think it's pointless to ask anyone including the SA's or chatting online with Tesla customer service reps. I hope that Tesla changes for the better in the future in terms of customer service, transparency, and putting out solid information with realistic timelines, but if history over the past decade proves anything, it seems Tesla has made corporate decisions to go in a very different direction than other auto manufacturers.

Agreed. For my sanity and the SA, I only stop in there if I have a better reason. I stopped in a few weeks ago to turn in papers they needed and he just looked at the floor in shame and said "nope". Poor guy is in the dark more than me...

If it was truly a software issue, would that delay production considering how software updates can be rolled out post production? Unless they felt the risk of a physical change required was too high, I don’t see how this makes sense.
I don't think it is a SW issue or some field-installable part like the steering wheel. In either case, they would have shipped cars to stores and fixed them prior to delivery (they did something like this with the Model X rollout). If nothing else, the Fremont staging lots should be filled with refresh cars waiting to be finished and shipped, and we are seeing a few dozen cars at the most.

I think it is a parts issue and it is the kind of part that needs to be installed at Fremont.

This guy’s photos do look sketchy. I get the fact that he’s moving, the other car is moving, etc. Doesn’t look like a yoke to me in any pictures except this one looks like someone just deleted the wheel with photoshop.

And if it’s not a legit production car, why would it be badged at all? They don’t need to test the badging...I also thought they stopped the “premium” badging altogether anyway.
I am familiar with the original poster--they are part of the community around here, do no reason to doubt the veracity of the pics. And, the Plaid still gets badging--their is a pic on the Model S page on Tesla.com that shows "Plaid" badging.

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
I slightly prefer the look of the arachnids but not nearly enough to spend an extra $4500, lose 37 miles of range, have fewer tire options, a rougher ride and lose approximately 4% acceleration (which is about .1s 0-60...seen this number pop up a few times but not sure on original source).
If you can tell the difference between 0.1 sec in acceleration, then you have Superman-like powers. 😜. I test drove a MS Performance with the larger wheels, and it still felt buttery smooth and not bumpy at all. Remember it has a full air suspension to help with the ride. My Jaguar I-Pace had 22” wheels and still felt great and not super bumpy over rough pavement; of course, it’s a matter of perspective...take a test drive in an older ‘12 Nissan GT-R with 20” wheels...you feel every crack in the pavement, haha. 😳

SAs can only help once there is actually inventory or allocation to work with. Until we see carriers full of Ses heading out of Fremont, not much to do. It's like yelling at your waiter because the kitchen ran out of hamburger buns and they are all backed up.
And neither the Chefs (not really their job) nor the restaurant manager tell the waiters anything and much less give an ETA. So the waiters just make stuff up to tell the customers

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
If you can tell the difference between 0.1 sec in acceleration, then you have Superman-like powers. 😜. I test drove a MS Performance with the larger wheels, and it still felt buttery smooth and not bumpy at all. Remember it has a full air suspension to help with the ride. My Jaguar I-Pace had 22” wheels and still felt great and not super bumpy over rough pavement; of course, it’s a matter of perspective...take a test drive in an older ‘12 Nissan GT-R with 20” wheels...you feel every crack in the pavement, haha. 😳
It would be more like the knowledge that it would be .1s slower would just bug me lol. Like you pull up next to someone with the 19" wheels and go "well, that car is faster". UGH. 😂

But, acceleration is probably the smallest factor as to why I wouldn't get them (range being by far the biggest reason).

It would be more like the knowledge that it would be .1s slower would just bug me lol. Like you pull up next to someone with the 19" wheels and go "well, that car is faster". UGH. 😂

But, acceleration is probably the smallest factor as to why I wouldn't get them (range being by far the biggest reason).
I guess it is all relative. :). My LR is faster than the P85 I just sold and with that car made me smile, even with partial throttle acceleration.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS