Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a rant - don't take it seriously but many of you have better things to do. This thread is supposed to give people an update on when delivery can be expected, or perhaps the delivery experience. In the past month there have been close to 2,000 posts complaining, whining and speculating on delays. People who have signed up for this forum in the past few weeks who have 200+ posts, all in this forum, with nothing worth printing. How about people stop posting until there actually is news? Post when your Tesla page gives a delivery date, or you get a VIN. Post when you get your car. Don't post as though you know Elon or have some insider information which you do not have!

I take offense to this one. There are at least 1 or 2 of my 300+ posts worth printing...

And what is the old saying in the auto industry, always buy the first model year as it is always perfect, except for Tesla? It that the saying?
Yes, that is the saying. Also, a big established company like Voltswagen wouldn't have a bunch of cars stuck due to software issues. There's a saying about that too. Definitely no Mexican car plants would have vehicles held up due to unspecified "quality issues".

And no other communities ever go through a cycle of a bunch of delayed preorders, "the company doesn't communicate", and dramatic order cancellations. Except for Tesla.

:)

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
It's sad that this has to be even said. Think about it, a CEO of the most valuable auto manufacturer in the world (by far) literally said in public "well, if you don't want to get our shitty build quality issues, try at the beginning" LOL. Come on, insanity to accept that.

And, no. Why don't you go look up The Ys from last year, 3s from 2017ish, the first Model Xs, etc, there's a clear pattern.
Why are you trying to take delivery of one of the first ones if you believe all of this? You should take your own advice lol. You will 100% find something to complain about when you get yours, you’ve already made your mind up.

This is a rant - don't take it seriously but many of you have better things to do. This thread is supposed to give people an update on when delivery can be expected, or perhaps the delivery experience. In the past month there have been close to 2,000 posts complaining, whining and speculating on delays. People who have signed up for this forum in the past few weeks who have 200+ posts, all in this forum, with nothing worth printing. How about people stop posting until there actually is news? Post when your Tesla page gives a delivery date, or you get a VIN. Post when you get your car. Don't post as though you know Elon or have some insider information which you do not have!
What, you don’t want to speculate on tire sizes for another 60 posts? Live a little!

• Funny
Reactions: foos and Laddcruzer
Going to need a Christian, Jew, catholic, buddhist to confirm this breaking news.
I think my prayer would apply to all religions.

Heavenly Father! Hallowed be thy name!
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven!
Give us this day our daily bread and a new Tesla Model S.
Crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea.

Serious question (actually on topic-ish): If old man Biden talks about a reform of the EV tax credit (thus, allowing Tesla to be eligible again) and assuming there isn't an income cap or MSRP cap - how many of you will cancel your Model S orders?

I'd say, I'm 50/50. If the above is true, wouldn't be shocked to see Tesla raise prices by $5k or more anyway on the the S/X and $2-3k on the 3/Y.

• Disagree
Serious question (actually on topic-ish): If old man Biden talks about a reform of the EV tax credit (thus, allowing Tesla to be eligible again) and assuming there isn't an income cap or MSRP cap - how many of you will cancel your Model S orders?

I'd say, I'm 50/50. If the above is true, wouldn't be shocked to see Tesla raise prices by $5k or more anyway on the the S/X and $2-3k on the 3/Y.
I’m not budging on my order. You think the wait for the refresh Model S is taking forever? That tax break will take even longer.

I am not basing my timing on the tax credit - my delivery is being dictated by Elon (I will bitch and moan until then). After delivery I will be happy and forget this hot mess of a waiting game. Just think in another 8-10 years when they do another refresh, we can tell those inpatient waiters to suck it up.

Waiting for delivery is like being in solitary. Every noise you hear you think they are going to let you out. After a while you just learn to like in the quiet with just your thoughts and the occasional rat that visits.

To keep even more on topic, my SA can confirm he knows nothing and will know nothing for some time. Still expecting something to break in the next two weeks.

Good point about the income cap. It's hard to imagine that in this political environment anyone is going to give a tax credit to people with my income. Lawmakers will freak out that rich people are getting tax breaks while criminals and drug addicts continue to be oppressed. Also, Tesla, the main beneficiary of the proposed reform, hasn't endeared itself to democrats lately.

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers

I don't understand what canceling your order would do in this case. Tax credit is dependent on date the vehicle purchase is completed or put into service, not when it was ordered.

Anyone think the refreshed MS vehicles seen on the trucks in the past few weeks were all demo cars to be shipped out to all the Tesla SC’s across the US so consumers and auto industry media can test drive for evaluations and media reviews? Plausible right?
I would believe demo cars for media. Tesla has never prioritized cars for the stores over cars for paying customers and given the apparent demand and the potential black eye of widely missing deliveries, I don't think they will start now.

the factory line combining S/X into one line is new
The S and X have been built on the same line for several years now, since the introduction of the X
I think the issue here is that almost nobody at the company gives a crap about the S/X anymore.
Sadly, I think there is a lot of truth to this--I think Tesla was happy to let the S and X languish, but Lucid was making them look bad. It's clear from the refresh that is was done on a tight budget.

I don't understand what canceling your order would do in this case. Tax credit is dependent on date the vehicle purchase is completed or put into service, not when it was ordered.

Fair point, it could be retroactive to the start of the year, but maybe not. Would be so dumb of them to do it as originally written "after the law is signed" but, this is the US government we are talking about here. Certainly they want to give time to VW/BMW to sell a whole bunch while Tesla/GM get screwed.

• Disagree
The S and X have been built on the same line for several years now, since the introduction of the X

Sadly, I think there is a lot of truth to this--I think Tesla was happy to let the S and X languish, but Lucid was making them look bad. It's clear from the refresh that is was done on a tight budget.
The new battery cooling layout and Plaid drivetrain have been in the works for quite some time to solve the performance overheating issues to make it competitive with Taycan for one. The interior refresh also worked on for quite some time. Not a knee jerk reaction to the latest Lucid media coverage.

Reactions: DIL and lzolman