Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested — I can report that prayer definitely has NOT worked. I tried praying once a day in February and have been praying five times a day facing Mecca in March. Still no car.

Here is an interesting study done on the power of prayer before coronary bypass. Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients: a multicenter randomized trial of uncertainty and certainty of receiving intercessory prayer - PubMed

"Intercessory prayer was provided for 14 days, starting the night before CABG. The primary outcome was presence of any complication within 30 days of CABG. Secondary outcomes were any major event and mortality."

The new battery cooling layout and Plaid drivetrain have been in the works for quite some time to solve the performance overheating issues to make it competitive with Taycan for one. The interior refresh also worked on for quite some time. Not a knee jerk reaction to the latest Lucid media coverage.
You're kinda making my point--they're chasing Porsche on the sustained performance, chasing Lucid on the interior and range. Being the dominant player in this segment for the last few years, you'd think they could leapfrog the competition and it seems like they aimed for parity and seem to be struggling on delivering that given the compete radio silence since the Q4 earnings call.

I think the new S is a solid car and I am looking forward to getting mine, but let's not pretend Tesla's best are focused on it.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
You're kinda making my point--they're chasing Porsche on the sustained performance, chasing Lucid on the interior and range. Being the dominant player in this segment for the last few years, you'd think they could leapfrog the competition and it seems like they aimed for parity and seem to be struggling on delivering that given the compete radio silence since the Q4 earnings call.

I think the new S is a solid car and I am looking forward to getting mine, but let's not pretend Tesla's best are focused on it.
At the respective price points, it's better than both. I think focusing on the biggest revenue generator, the mass market cars, is the correct thing to do.

Reactions: elguapo
Can say that about Elon as well now.
'Ya know - that guy just has too much on his plate.

Yesterday his rocket blows up.

Today he sounds like an 1870 land speculator - "Come one... come all... to Brownsville TX"

Now I'm sure Brownsville is a fine place - (I know how to be nice!) - but doesn't Musk have 422 other things he should be focusing on ?

His usual EOQ shenanigans...
Slowing sales in Europe...
Double-charging new buyers in USA fiasco
NHTSA recalls Model S

And the litany goes on...

I would believe demo cars for media. Tesla has never prioritized cars for the stores over cars for paying customers and given the apparent demand and the potential black eye of widely missing deliveries, I don't think they will start now.

They kind of did with the Y. Although a lot of those store/demo cars looked more like rejects than a real prioritization. Nevertheless, the stores had demos really early!

This is a rant - don't take it seriously but many of you have better things to do. This thread is supposed to give people an update on when delivery can be expected, or perhaps the delivery experience. In the past month there have been close to 2,000 posts complaining, whining and speculating on delays. People who have signed up for this forum in the past few weeks who have 200+ posts, all in this forum, with nothing worth printing. How about people stop posting until there actually is news? Post when your Tesla page gives a delivery date, or you get a VIN. Post when you get your car. Don't post as though you know Elon or have some insider information which you do not have!
Bravo!

I would guess that Tesla’s lack of communication regarding the cause(s) for the delay are somewhat self defensive. No matter what the reasons are, supply chain, production line equipment issues...
Once made public, short sellers and other news outlets would likely push negative news headlines that would push the stock price down.
Perhaps staying silent may be the best strategy in the short run. Probably something many of us who are also stockholders will understand and possibly actually appreciate.

After placing my order 6 months ago and the CS experience I would be as shocked as winning the lottery if I got an update from a real person. I would probably think it was a scam.
The effort needed to send out an email with some information would be so simple. Even an email that’s says yes we have your order but cannot give you a delivery date at this time. Even blow a little smoke up . . Unable to provide a delivery estimate as we are trying to make the model s to be the best car in the universe.

Reactions: cubsnlinux
After placing my order 6 months ago and the CS experience I would be as shocked as winning the lottery if I got an update from a real person. I would probably think it was a scam.
The effort needed to send out an email with some information would be so simple. Even an email that’s says yes we have your order but cannot give you a delivery date at this time. Even blow a little smoke up . . Unable to provide a delivery estimate as we are trying to make the model s to be the best car in the universe.

It is funny you said that... I had a overseas Prince contact me with a delivery date. I just need to send my bank information and they will have it delivered.

Seeing everyone post their VIN online isn't what I would consider scintillating.

A lot of us feel better knowing that we weren't the only ones Tesla has treated like industrial waste.

I'm in agreement the point of the forum isn't for posters to harpoon each other - but if there are horror stories to trade - keep 'em coming.

I wouldn't put much stock in anything he has to say, he's just rampantly speculating like the rest of us.

That's not correct. I'm looking at DMV data and it shows that Model S/X deliveries will be around 1,867 units in the US in Q1. Also, I have data for Canada plus each country in Europe and Asia/Pacific. I'm calculating 2,573 Model S/X deliveries worldwide in Q1. All of those are the old Model S/X. Tesla will release the actual number on April 2nd or 3rd. We can look back and see if I was close or if I was "rampantly speculating".

I publish Tesla delivery estimates on Twitter here. I will post my final estimate for Q1 tomorrow, on the last day of the quarter as usual. My error rate was less than 2.5% in the last 3 quarters. I'm a Tesla addict.

Tesla did leapfrog the (non-existent) competition for years. Now that the other guys have finally produced cars (or at least the specs for the forthcoming cars are fairly well understood), it shouldn't be a surprise that *some* features of those cars take on *some* features of Tesla's and have good optics. So the arms race proceeds, and that's perfectly normal. Tesla's cost/performance ratio on most important stuff is still looking good, but not everyone has similar priorities. You want minimal range anxiety? A potential robotaxi? A minimalist interior? You want to watch FSD evolve and bloom before your eyes? Tesla still rules. You want optimal track performance and you want it NOW? Well, you're buying a Taycan. But you may very well end up trading it for a Plaid+ as soon as you are able!