Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy, I ordered what couldn't have been more than 2-3 minutes after they first started talking about the Plaid (now +), and mine is RN113955***. Don't know the exact time, but the email confirmation didn't arrive until 6:46pm ET.
Same here, I don't remember the exact time but it was probably no more than 20-30 minutes after Elon said "you can place orders right now." I was like F*#@ Yeah !! My email confirmation arrived at 6:56pm ET.

Yea. They finally marked it ready to issue yesterday. Maybe finally almost there. Seems like this would still be a hold up if it's really for model s / x tool install.
The bus bar one you linked has a condition allowing for build before issuance, so that one's good :)

IS THIS REAL OR IS THIS A PRANK?!?!?? 🤬
almost definitely a prank

Reactions: sam3194
Texts are meaningless, as many have said. So are the “updates” on delivery timing in accounts. I’ve said this a lot, but it’s real when you get a VIN, but nothing is certain until you show up on delivery day. Many folks have had delivery days moved, etc. with prior cars.

As for April 1 jokes. Sorry, nothing is funny to me with respect to Tesla’s inability to communicate. It’s not surprising either. It’s just the way they work and it will not change no matter how much we whine.

100% .. and it's something so simple to adjust. How can they not see it ? The management and regular employees are not on top of sh*t at all....
Far be it for me to defend Tesla'a communication practices, but it might not be a simple change if this is some system derived/computed value. A few weeks ago, folks flipped from "March 1-March 31" to "March" which is a pretty pointless change, so I am guessing the the system comes up with this target date based on other inputs. The lack of changes tells me whatever speed bump they ran into is still not fixed.

They fixed the delivery timing issue haha

Screenshot_20210401-181042_Chrome.jpg

FWIW, (and I assume not much) I replied to the text I receive with, “So realistically, when should I expect my Model S LR”?

They replied with, “We are estimating June for delivery at this time.”

Ordered March 1 (because they couldn’t change my Feb 1 Plaid + order)
Account has shown Estimate 4-11 weeks since I placed the order
I’m one of the suckers who secured financing because Tesla told me to and will have it rate lapse in May.

Pretty disappointed in my first Tesla purchase experience thus far.

Far be it for me to defend Tesla'a communication practices, but it might not be a simple change if this is some system derived/computed value. A few weeks ago, folks flipped from "March 1-March 31" to "March" which is a pretty pointless change, so I am guessing the the system comes up with this target date based on other inputs. The lack of changes tells me whatever speed bump they ran into is still not fixed.
Most people are not aware that Elon has hired his 9 year-old nephew to input random delivery dates, just to screw with everyone during their interminable wait.

On the days his nephew is otherwise occupied - a series of rotating primates are taking over -- starting with "Ruby" the chimp from the SF Zoo.

I agree. I put this out there once before. My guess is there is some type of algorithm Tesla has engineered over the years. When the line stopped the algorithm was using old data of custom orders, gallery cars, geographical data, transportation availability. This would automatically update delivery estimates as the data updated. I ordered October 2020 for March delivery. I had 2/15 to 3/15 delivery estimate. Now I don’t even have the words estimated delivery much less month or day. I am guessing that system won’t be up and running correctly until there have been a lot of cars delivered.

Reactions: TheOx