Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it'll be fun watching people outside of us who've ordered the Model S look at Tesla and start asking questions about this delay.
Interesting comments by the analyst in that article:
"The S and X are on a slow sunset path," Ives said. "The demand for those models has been exhausted. It was telegraphed [Tesla] would build a negligible number of those in the quarter. Based on demand, it makes sense they're were going to bet their chips on the Model 3 and Model Y. Tesla is now about those models, and the [upcoming] Cybertruck."

The comments pretty much align with what Musk himself has said about the Model S
“I mean, they’re very expensive, made in low volume. To be totally frank, we’re continuing to make them more for sentimental reasons than anything else. They’re really of minor importance to the future,” Musk said.

So yeah, Tesla doesnt give 2 sh1ts about us prospective Model S

"The S and X are on a slow sunset path," Ives said. "The demand for those models has been exhausted. It was telegraphed [Tesla] would build a negligible number of those in the quarter. Based on demand, it makes sense they're were going to bet their chips on the Model 3 and Model Y. Tesla is now about those models, and the [upcoming] Cybertruck."

The comments pretty much align with what Musk himself has said about the Model S
“I mean, they’re very expensive, made in low volume. To be totally frank, we’re continuing to make them more for sentimental reasons than anything else. They’re really of minor importance to the future,” Musk said.

makes me sit and wonder if i should be buying this car vs. a luxury ice.

i got excited for the model s because it looked, to me, like tesla was pouring their passion into this update. but they can't even be bothered to update the tail lights... and then there's this. i don't really want to buy a product this high margin that was phoned in.

WTF. Although the headline seems like a clickbait given the lack of details in the article.
Wedbush mentioned in this article is a joke. Haha. Estimating chip shortages. When they had way off estimates without any research and they have yoke on their face (hah). Get outta here wedbush

makes me sit and wonder if i should be buying this car vs. a luxury ice.

i got excited for the model s because it looked, to me, like tesla was pouring their passion into this update. but they can't even be bothered to update the tail lights... and then there's this. i don't really want to buy a product this high margin that was phoned in.
I also have a Model Y on order since May last year and I have kept pushing delivery further and further till now. If the Model S fails to deliver, I will be accepting the delivery of the Model Y Performance

Don't pay any attention to anything Daniel Ives at Wedbush says. Betting the chips on Model 3 and Y was a total fabrication. This is the same guy that came out with a research report 3 days ago estimating 14,000 S/X vehicles in the 1st quarter. He clearly doesn't have any insight into what is actually happening in Fremont. What a JOKE!

Last edited:
Elguapo will be along to give you a yellow card for taking us further off topic with yoke talk... I will just say that Tesla does not need to say why it is better to sell it. It could just be different and its main selling point is the unobstructed view of the dash.

No delivery date for me yet.
And Tesla knows people (journalists) will be talking about it.. similar to the Cybertruck. Lots of publicity and free advertising.

Having the fastest accelerating production car in the world sort of matters. As Elon said “it’s a smackdown to super cars etc”

Reactions: 2virgule5
I took those pics, and the Tesla tech who showed me around the car told me that they got an email telling them not to let people take pics of new UI and what not. He also stated since Ft. Lauderdale Service Center (dania beach before) is a “legacy story” they get the first cars for the employees to take home and get to know the vehicle more.
Thanks for taking and posting pics--any chance you have any more pics of the wheels--many of us are dying to know tire size.

Thanks for taking and posting pics--any chance you have any more pics of the wheels--many of us are dying to know tire size.
0x0-ModelS_07.jpg

265/35/21 on the front for the arachnids

Reactions: sflgator
Going back to this:
This poster says that the shifting mechanism is, in fact, below the wireless charging pad. I thought someone else said it wasnt. Maybe they are testing two car variants?

@Aye_itscarmen - How do you know about the shifter buttons below the wireless charger, did you see something or did they tell you specifically?

Reactions: elguapo and Drew-MS
the yoke steering wheel hasn't been cleared by the NHTSA
Here is my periodic PSA: the NHTSA does not pre-approve technology, companies self-certify FMVSS compliance. Companies can ask fro clarification, a waiver or a rule change.

"Analysts" have been predicting exhausted demand for the Model S for about 7 years now. Most of them are clueless. No one predicts Mercedes will stop selling the S class because they are dwarfed by the E class and C class with regards to volume. Musk's point in the earnings call was that the S and X no longer played a material role in the financial success of the company, which is true

Wedbush mentioned in this article is a joke.
These were the schmucks predicting 12K model S/X deliveries until today

It's not political - objectively - the article is complete bullshit. It's not surprising. Have you read their previous tesla articles? It's biased horseshit like everything else they write.
I think folks might have found your comment "are there people who still think anything written by CNN is legitimate" a bit over-broad :)

Going back to this:
This poster says that the shifting mechanism is, in fact, below the wireless charging pad. I thought someone else said it wasnt. Maybe they are testing two car variants?

@Aye_itscarmen - How do you know about the shifter buttons below the wireless charger, did you see something or did they tell you specifically?
The tech that was showing me around said that the shifter was on screen and below wireless charger where hazard button is.