Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 650366
265/35/21 on the front for the arachnids
Thanks--I have seen those. I was looking for pics of an actual car, not Photoshop/render, where we have no idea how accurate the image actually is regarding final product specs. For example, these are Michelin tires, but in the wild, we have seen Pirelli and Continental.

Thanks--I have seen those. I was looking for pics of an actual car, not Photoshop/render, where we have no idea how accurate the image actually is regarding final product specs. For example, these are Michelin tires, but in the wild, we have seen Pirelli and Continental.
Apparently the 21s are Michelin/Continental and the 19s are Pirelli.. but I guess it’s sort of speculation like the rear tire sizes

Going back to this:
This poster says that the shifting mechanism is, in fact, below the wireless charging pad. I thought someone else said it wasnt. Maybe they are testing two car variants?

@Aye_itscarmen - How do you know about the shifter buttons below the wireless charger, did you see something or did they tell you specifically?
Sure looks like finger prints where the hazard icon is indicating maybe that's where it is yea.
Screenshot_20210402-184524_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: legend_of_jim
All cars will come with it from the factory regardless of state. There are good you tube videos on how to remove safely. No holes.
I sure hope not. None of the cars in our lot that are 3 or Y have a front bumper mount or even dimples. Hope the S doesnt come preinstalled. That's silly haha. Lots of states don't require front license plates. I'd imagine more than those that require it.

All cars will come with it from the factory regardless of state. There are good you tube videos on how to remove safely. No holes.
Nope. Not all states have a front plate requirement. Putting on the front plate bracket is one of the pre-delivery steps they do at the store. At least here in CA, if you sign a waiver, they will not install the bracket.

Reactions: Sbaimo
I sure hope not. None of the cars in our lot that are 3 or Y have a front bumper mount or even dimples. Hope the S doesnt come preinstalled. That's silly haha. Lots of states don't require front license plates. I'd imagine more than those that require it.
Yup the 2 things I hate most about NY are: front license plate required and 8%+ state taxes.. thankfully I don’t live in the city otherwise 12%+ state/city tax

Yup the 2 things I hate most about NY are: front license plate required and 8%+ state taxes.. thankfully I don’t live in the city otherwise 12%+ state/city tax
If you are picking up at Mt Kisco let me know how you get on with requesting no plate holder. I was just going to have my detailing guys remove it, but would obviously prefer to not have it on in the first place. With my 3 I just asked them not to fit it.

If you are picking up at Mt Kisco let me know how you get on with requesting no plate holder. I was just going to have my detailing guys remove it, but would obviously prefer to not have it on in the first place. With my 3 I just asked them not to fit it.
Yes I’ll pick-up at Mt Kisco but I’ll leave the front plate. No front plate gives bored police officers an excuse to pull me over. Been down that road a few times years ago but never got a ticket.

Reactions: scrapps

Our State does not require it. However, it was explained to me that the S was crash tested with it on it so they ship the S with it on to all states. Seems like a 5 minute easy take off.

Reactions: MattCharleston
Our State does not require it. However, it was explained to me that the S was crash tested with it on it so they ship the S with it on to all states. Seems like a 5 minute easy take off.
As long as you have the bizarre tool needed to remove the two screws on the very bottom, then a heat gun to warm up the two sided tape and it comes off quite easily. I think you need to get some kind of screwdriver from NASA to remove the two screws, I used vise grips.
No delivery update to report

Reactions: MattCharleston
As long as you have the bizarre tool needed to remove the two screws on the very bottom, then a heat gun to warm up the two sided tape and it comes off quite easily. I think you need to get some kind of screwdriver from NASA to remove the two screws, I used vise grips.
No delivery update to report
I ended up printing this with my 3D printer and it worked like a charm. I recommend everyone else to do this, it makes removing the front plate SO MUCH EASIER.

Moved about a dozen posts to the politics quarantine which had not a darn thing to do with anybody's delivery update.

Folks, there's the entire Model S forum to chat about various ownership issues like license plates, tires, yokes/wheels, shifters, and whatever. Really don't want to have clean up all the chit-chat from this one thread.

Thanks for understanding,

Bruce.