Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys would be right it was a typo though I would not be surprised at this point if it was 24 weeks. Sorry if that made anybody really nervous.

For what it’s worth I was told I was “priority” too and given that $2k discount for the converted order.
That's literally what's listed for a new order on their website - 10-14 weeks. That's what my order says, from my order date. I think it's wayy off the mark. Just a random time period the sales rep decided to throw at you.

Plaid + won’t be out until mid 2022 at best, a year from now. I think they’re waiting for those new batteries.

Sure. But that’s looking better every day as refresh models continue to slip and battery production stays on track. :)

I'm beginning to think I should not have canceled my Plaid + for a Plaid...

I’m HODL on my + reservation as tight as TSLA. I bet the deal we got is only going to get better. Right now we are sitting on ~12.5k savings depending on configuration.
  • Non-black interior pricing delta $500
  • FSD discount $2k
  • Price increase $10k

12BE6593-B150-4C65-88C4-A30392AB5F71.jpeg

Progress maybe?

Edit: Back up, no change.

Last edited:
I do find it curious that there are inconsistencies in projected delivery dates. Mine has always said "6 - 12 weeks" from order date. Why do others show a specific month (e.g. July), and some show no date at all? I would think their ERP system would provide all customers-in-waiting a similarly formatted delivery estimate.

I do find it curious that there are inconsistencies in projected delivery dates. Mine has always said "6 - 12 weeks" from order date. Why do others show a specific month (e.g. July), and some show no date at all? I would think their ERP system would provide all customers-in-waiting a similarly formatted delivery estimate.
i think until there's a good amount of momentum leading up to your order, it'll show the default date range that was there when you placed your order. the closer you are to the front, i think it's algorithmically calculated based on delivery rates for cars before you in line. i think the folks with "-" have dashes because the ordering system might think that it already went past those orders.

i think it's real screwy right now because of how limited delivery is, but i'm starting to think that it started updating to july because some internal employees / vip's did receive delivery, but at a suuuper sloow pace. that's my theory at least.