Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from the X forum, but there is much more activity (and fun) over here. I ordered a pre-refresh X and updated order after refresh. I never had any mention of delivery in my dashboard at all. Totally blank until today. I now have a line that says "Estimated Delivery" and a "-". Yep! A dash. It is crazy that this little dash has actually brought me excitement after months of having zero mention of delivery.

Shoot, the feeling like train might just be squeaking its way to a start as demonstrated by new dash may buy me another month or two of goodwill and patience!

I'm gonna give you some good advise. RUN, HIDE, AND ONLY MONITOR THIS THREAD FROM TIME TO TIME. If you have hair, run! All you will do here is pull your hair out watching people speculate, whine, complain and spout the most inane thoughts as to why their cars are delayed. There has been almost nothing of value posted here in the last 4,000 posts. Here is the executive summary: the refreshed cars are being delivered later than initially promised and no one has a real good idea when they will start production in mass scale sufficient to ship you your car. Anyone who says they "know someone" (perhaps other than a guy named Sam), knows nothing! Save your sanity - RUN. Check back in 15 days......

I'm gonna give you some good advise. RUN, HIDE, AND ONLY MONITOR THIS THREAD FROM TIME TO TIME. If you have hair, run! All you will do here is pull your hair out watching people speculate, whine, complain and spout the most inane thoughts as to why their cars are delayed. There has been almost nothing of value posted here in the last 4,000 posts. Here is the executive summary: the refreshed cars are being delivered later than initially promised and no one has a real good idea when they will start production in mass scale sufficient to ship you your car. Anyone who says they "know someone" (perhaps other than a guy named Sam), knows nothing! Save your sanity - RUN. Check back in 15 days......
Honestly, but, it’s pretty fun too. I’ll miss the suspense and speculation with y’all once we’re driving our rocket ships!

Ding Ding. - we have a winner. No one who claims to know something has been right yet. But yet I keep checking this trainwreck.

I was waiting to test drive the new S. I’ve become impatient and put in an order for a model 3 lr (May upgrade to performance after a Wednesday test drive).
Schedule delivery is late May/early June. I’m coming from an X3. Do you think the S will be a material upgrade? If I reserve both but only buy 1, will I lose $100?

I’m also considering sticking with the 3 foot a year and letting Tesla work through production ramp issues.

thoughts?
I was waiting to test drive the new S. I’ve become impatient and put in an order for a model 3 lr (May upgrade to performance after a Wednesday test drive).
Schedule delivery is late May/early June. I’m coming from an X3. Do you think the S will be a material upgrade? If I reserve both but only buy 1, will I lose $100?

I’m also considering sticking with the 3 foot a year and letting Tesla work through production ramp issues.

thoughts?
Get lr with performance boost unless you want to track the car. Performance has upgraded cooling, suspension & brakes so will ride a little harsher. It’s faster too but lr is already crazy fast compared to anything with 4 doors under $100k. Think mustang GT fast but no need to downshift. Cant really make a bad choice there though.
I would imagine production ramp issues to be less significant with MS than 3 & Y due to lower volume and its position as a halo car. It may be frustrating for us but Tesla can afford to spend a few weeks working out bugs before deliveries start. With 3 & Y it was more critical to get cars roiling off the line sooner.

Reactions: Moose57
^ That post is right. However, I won’t stop refreshing this thread or my Tesla account constantly. It’s the best place for info - even when there isn’t any.

Once cars get delivered, many of us can move over to the “Why the f did they rush this car and why couldn’t they do a better job...but I still love it” thread.
Do you get the feeling Tesla is taking their time (relatively speaking) working out production bugs with the refresh? It’s not quite as critical to get deliveries going ASAP as it was in the past with 3 & Y. Of course it might just be the global SC shortage.
They might just be looking to deliver new MS with near flawless quality instead of rushing them out the door.

Reactions: Moose57 and bhzmark
Final inspection for MS/MX bus bar scheduled for April 14:

No inspections scheduled for GA S/X Tool Install ( Accela Citizen Access )
Ah that's new since Friday when I checked. Woot. Getting closer! Electrification of the line or some part of a line.

For those not familiar with what a bus bar is. It's the bar that gets energized to feed a whole line of equipment. An eletricifed metal bar which usually is tapped off of for plugs, robotics equip etc. Likely whatever part of the line this bus bar was for has been dark. Hopefully we'll see tool install come soon after.

Ah that's new since Friday when I checked. Woot. Getting closer! Electrification of the line or some part of a line.

For those not familiar with what a bus bar is. It's the bar that gets energized to feed a whole line of equipment. An eletricifed metal bar which usually is tapped off of for plugs, robotics equip etc. Likely whatever part of the line this bus bar was for has been dark. Hopefully we'll see tool install come soon after.
I would’ve thought they were further along than that. Maybe for X line...🤞

Final inspection for MS/MX bus bar scheduled for April 14:

No inspections scheduled for GA S/X Tool Install ( Accela Citizen Access )

A little over a month since the last inspection. If they fail this one coming up, I hope it’s not indicative of another month long wait.

No inspection scheduled for the GA S/X Tool Install is a concern for me. But we’ll see after the 14th.

RN1143* no delivery date, ordered early 1/13/2021, converted 02/10/2021 (RN stayed the same). And I still don't see the 2K reduction the orders placed before the pre-refresh announcement we were promised? I actually waited 3 days before I visited this thread again (nothing new)! Oh, and here in MO/KS they take our evidence of insurance on another vehicle, no problem, not VIN specific.
RN1143 as well. Order date 1/5/21. No estimated delivery, just a blank space. I was told that the $2k incentive for pre-refreshed announced orders will not show on your order until we are assigned a VIN. At that point, we should be able to see the ‘discount’ in our orders. Let’s hope this is actually the case!

It might be a function of the state you’re registering it in…
[Edit: Just checked and now I see that you’re in California. So make sure that you have everything done correctly uploaded insurance card and all of the data entered correctly]

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model S.

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
That isn't something that should affect getting a VIN and scheduling a delivery, right? I didn't want to go through the Insurance process until knowing when the actual delivery date is going to be...Trying to learn a lesson from the mistake of submitting my trade-in and banking information based on what apparently was blind speculation of a "March" delivery. But I also don't want that empty check-mark to throw me to the back of the line as not being "ready for delivery." I would call my SA about that, but at this point I feel like this board aggregates to a much more sentient being than anyone I could talk to at the Company.

That isn't something that should affect getting a VIN and scheduling a delivery, right? I didn't want to go through the Insurance process until knowing when the actual delivery date is going to be...Trying to learn a lesson from the mistake of submitting my trade-in and banking information based on what apparently was blind speculation of a "March" delivery. But I also don't want that empty check-mark to throw me to the back of the line as not being "ready for delivery." I would call my SA about that, but at this point I feel like this board aggregates to a much more sentient being than anyone I could talk to at the Company.
For PA, apparently evidence of insurance on another vehicle is sufficient to obtain the check mark. Not sure about your state. I would not think that lack of insurance check mark would affect your place in line but can’t say for sure. This is my first Tesla rodeo! :)

Reactions: boonedocks
It might be a function of the state you’re registering it in…
[Edit: Just checked and now I see that you’re in California. So make sure that you have everything done correctly uploaded insurance card and all of the data entered correctly]

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model S.

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Most definitely. I was just curious how one would have theirs “verified” given that nobody has received a VIN yet. The image I uploaded has a valid policy date until 2022. I just wouldn’t be shocked at this point if something as silly as that deprioritized you also given the recent Tesla Solar news/price increases.