Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random thought: based on Elon’s latest tweets, could Tesla have decided to remove radars completely from the new S & X, but are having issues and therefore delays with NHSTA approving pure vision for adaptive cruise control? (complete guess as I don’t know the details of what NHSTA requires for various DAS systems)

Random thought: based on Elon’s latest tweets, could Tesla have decided to remove radars completely from the new S & X, but are having issues and therefore delays with NHSTA approving pure vision for adaptive cruise control? (complete guess as I don’t know the details of what NHSTA requires for various DAS systems)
heavy doubts here. standard auto-pilot isn't vision only - pure vision fsd is a beta. our refreshed s/x's will most likely have the radar, so i don't believe that'd be the reason for the delay

Tesla in the past has traditionally used Karko Engineering for impact testing per NHSTA. I have been looking at the most recent tests page lately. There are a few that deal with blind spot, collision avoidance, etc. The odd thing is no test performer company named and no vehicle named. I remember a photo of a loaded test vehicle with a number starting with 35. That number does not match any of starting crash test assigned ID number. Most start with an 11.

Attachments

• NHTSA NVS Vehicle Crash Test Database - Latest 10 Test.pdf
    105.4 KB · Views: 53
heavy doubts here. standard auto-pilot isn't vision only - pure vision fsd is a beta. our refreshed s/x's will most likely have the radar, so i don't believe that'd be the reason for the delay

There's no chance they are going to remove radar from the S/X at this point. Even Elon knows it likely isn't quite ready (especially if we don't pay for FSD and they'd have to rework the mostly neglected autopilot base software).

The bus bar thing seems to be legit, timing makes sense. They probably think everything will be done by late May with deliveries starting then. Would line up with everything else.

Reactions: T-Racer
I would’ve thought they were further along than that. Maybe for X line...🤞
S&X are built on the same line
That isn't something that should affect getting a VIN and scheduling a delivery, right?
It can, especially at the end of the month/qtr when they are pressed to get cars delivered--they will priorities matching and deliveries with folks that have all their homework done over folks that still have open actions (typically insurance, financing and trade-in).

The Mercedes EQS reveal is this week. I wonder if Tesla has been holding back on detail to see what MB shows? I saw a clip today that show power assist doors like the X and what look like S-style retractable door handles.

That isn't something that should affect getting a VIN and scheduling a delivery, right? I didn't want to go through the Insurance process until knowing when the actual delivery date is going to be...Trying to learn a lesson from the mistake of submitting my trade-in and banking information based on what apparently was blind speculation of a "March" delivery. But I also don't want that empty check-mark to throw me to the back of the line as not being "ready for delivery." I would call my SA about that, but at this point I feel like this board aggregates to a much more sentient being than anyone I could talk to at the Company.
My sales associate actually recommended removing my trade-in so there were no unfinished details on the order. So I authorized him to remove it.
I see no reason not to complete the insurance portion. The idea here is to make your reservation ready to go so that it doesn’t get passed over for one that is.

It's really pathetic for Tesla when their customers with orders have resorted to showing off their competitors' cars and its features on a Tesla-focused forum, especially in the "delivery updates" thread. 😂
But of course, according to this board’s lawyers, it is totally legal to lie about when you expect to deliver your car to entice customers to buy your car instead of a competitor’s. The trick is just to include language in the sales agreement saying that an estimate is not a guarantee.

But of course, according to this board’s lawyers, it is totally legal to lie about when you expect to deliver your car to entice customers to buy your car instead of a competitor’s. The trick is just to include language in the sales agreement saying that an estimate is not a guarantee.

You should see what they are doing to customers in the solar business. Some pretty shady *sugar* going on there.

My sales associate actually recommended removing my trade-in so there were no unfinished details on the order. So I authorized him to remove it.
I see no reason not to complete the insurance portion. The idea here is to make your reservation ready to go so that it doesn’t get passed over for one that is.
Is there some kind of trick to actually getting insurance without a VIN or a real delivery timeline? My insurance company told me they can't do anything with coverage until there is a VIN, and I feel like this forum, and my SA have led me to believe that without the insurance part completed, I am going to drop in line to those who are "ready for delivery"...there must be something that others are doing that I am not, unless it is just the people in the 12 states that don't require insurance prior to setting up delivery are just the ones that get their cars first

9FCDA5D3-BCCE-4A73-82F5-202F844318CB.jpeg

Learned my lesson.

It's really pathetic for Tesla when their customers with orders have resorted to showing off their competitors' cars and its features on a Tesla-focused forum, especially in the "delivery updates" thread. 😂
Y'know, I'd *love* to be reading about the car I actually purchased, but that is not an option. BTW, the EQS looks pretty solid--I still prefer the S, but they did quite a few things right and I am sure it will peel of some Tesla sales. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is a declaration of maximum electric luxury

Y'know, I'd *love* to be reading about the car I actually purchased, but that is not an option. BTW, the EQS looks pretty solid--I still prefer the S, but they did quite a few things right and I am sure it will peel of some Tesla sales. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS is a declaration of maximum electric luxury
Maybe the new S is the EQS. MB must know the entire future of their company is at stake, I expect them to pull out all the stops on this car.

Or it could be MB is so far behind Tesla that this car will be too expensive, or not that competitive, or both compared to the plaid.

Looking forward to the 15th full reveal.

Maybe the new S is the EQS. MB must know the entire future of their company is at stake, I expect them to pull out all the stops on this car.

Or it could be MB is so far behind Tesla that this car will be too expensive, or not that competitive, or both compared to the plaid.

Looking forward to the 15th full reveal.
Also curious to see what AMG does when they get their hands on it.

BTW, my delivery date is still July for a 2/1 order.