Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I say good for you. I found a great deal on a 2018 S and cancelled my refresh too.

Well, it was a fun ride, but I just canceled my MSLR order. I just can't sit around hoping I might get my car by June or July. Found a killer deal on a 2021 Widebody Charger Hellcat Redeye, so I'll deal with my 797HP and complete lack of traction until Tesla learns how to deliver on time. I'm keeping my Gen3 wall charger juuuuust in case they start producing these things and the reviews match the hype. In the meantime though, this Redeye is ridiculous. I'm happy.
View attachment 653445

Haters. :D

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Anyone have any info on how a potential Infrastructure bill with EV incentives might affect people who ordered cars a little before it passes?
I've been holding off on ordering a LR MS, still trying to decide on a color. If I change my mind after putting an order and $100 deposit, can anything be modified, or does a new order and new deposit need to be made?

Anyone have any info on how a potential Infrastructure bill with EV incentives might affect people who ordered cars a little before it passes?
I've been holding off on ordering a LR MS, still trying to decide on a color. If I change my mind after putting an order and $100 deposit, can anything be modified, or does a new order and new deposit need to be made?

You can modify it, but it will move your place in line often times.

I talked to my accountant as well as the Sales rep and both said that it would be the delivery date that would count. So as long as the delivery date is during the effective period of the bill, you should get the incentive. Now, this is based on what’s been done in the past, there’s definitely a chance the wording on this new Bill is different.

I talked to my accountant as well as the Sales rep and both said that it would be the delivery date that would count. So as long as the delivery date is during the effective period of the bill, you should get the incentive. Now, this is based on what’s been done in the past, there’s definitely a chance the wording on this new Bill is different.
Yes, you can edit your order after placing your deposit. I believe the only thing you can't do is change from LR/Plaid<=>Plaid+ because the deposit amounts are different.

“Only members can see who's in the group and what they post.”
Oh darn. Well here are the pictures. Not as good as ones previously posted though. And I see it is not badged. Dealer plate?

8DFBF2DE-9BF0-45C4-BB5E-08F31DC81EDC.jpeg
FB0B202C-8D28-4322-9272-FFF59DB4FB22.jpeg
60622796-0A67-4515-8089-83ABA88C94BB.jpeg

Reactions: TNGuy99 and RB88
So I am not sure how significant this is.. but the "edit design" option is gone from my order page. I ordered back in November, and I remember this happened a couple weeks before delivery (I delayed the delivery so I can get the refreshed version).

RN# 1143

So I am not sure how significant this is.. but the "edit design" option is gone from my order page. I ordered back in November, and I remember this happened a couple weeks before delivery (I delayed the delivery so I can get the refreshed version).

RN# 1143
Don't get your hopes up. I have a Plaid+ order and my option to edit design went away in December.

Reactions: aerodyne and Tezzly

RN# 1143
If you have chosen to pay in cash/full then that button disappears. Switching back to Loan option will bring it back. At least thats the case with me.

If you have chosen to pay in cash/full then that button disappears. Switching back to Loan option will bring it back. At least thats the case with me.
Not for me. I have financing associated with mine (day after refresh announced), and the only option that I've ever had that could be changed is FSD. Any other changes to design details need to be done through the local SA (and it takes about 48 hours to show up). I know, as I changed my configuration twice.

Reactions: cascadilla