Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE - my SA acknowledged the delay and admitted surprise from the field.

:)
Please ignore the contact info header

Attachments

• 54E66CE7-EA77-4232-95BE-924760BE68FC.png
    54E66CE7-EA77-4232-95BE-924760BE68FC.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 89
The comparisons to CT & roadster timelines just don't seem applicable to me. This is still just an interior refresh & we're now at 4 full months with zero production. [Even Tesla's own Q1 numbers showed 0 S/X & didn't count the test mules].

The longer it goes on, the more nervous I get about taking delivery. If it weren't for the Q2 focus on foreign deliveries, I'd probably just take a Model 3 & wait another year for them to get their *sugar* together on MS.

No, it's new cell chemistry, BMS and battery architecture, along with crazy changes like removing stalks.

I spoke to my local XPEL installer and he said they don't do color wraps because it's too difficult. (I want Signature Red.) But I won't try Rust-Oleum.

Reactions: Moose57
Idk I think you are skipping over some stuff. Elon has said more about the cybertruck than he has the model s in the last couple of months.
Oh? What were those details? Granted, the old prototype appeared at the gf austin site, but it looks like it doesn't even have the few little changes that have been announced.

I don't even think we knew it was stalkless too until these pictures.

I might be the only one, but I love the looks of the EQS. If It is available when I get my S delivery date and really only costs approx $100,000, I would Go with the Benz in a New York minute. Love them for fit, finish and service. I think most of the ev’s are not great looking. Maybe because they are electric and grills looks weird because they don’t need radiators.

Not just a Tesla fan - but frankly the EQS looks are not to my taste - a little too big and the shape not exactly i would feel is right for me...but good to see that its coming to the market...and delivery is ‘summer’ - which knowing MB could be really September —- lets just hope the new Model S is shipping well before then so we can get a real comparison.

Well, unless we hear from more internal sources it does seem like July was the real deal. Perhaps it's time to focus on something more productive till then. @sam3194 - Any word from your source? I wonder if they can confirm if the permit blocks were truly a hold up too.

LR MS Feb 5th order, SoCal - July

Last edited:
Reactions: sflgator
I would be ok with that if its released as a 2022. If not, may consider waiting another few months for model yr change. 100% if it slips to August.
Although Tesla has recently delivered next year model vehicles towards the end of the calendar year (November), historically the model year has changed with the calendar (i.e., December 2021 build is a 2021 and January, 2022 build is a model year 2022).

Last edited:
Although Tesla has recently delivered next year model vehicles towards the end of the calendar year (November), historically the model year has changed with the calendar (i.e., December 2021 build is a 2021 and January, 2022 build is a model year 2022).
Indeed, I took delivery of my S on 12/27/2018, and it was built in 11/2018, still considered a 2018 model year.

Welp....

Just texted my sales rep and he said they were told today not to expect deliveries until June (ordered 10/25/20, RN1141). He said they were not given a reason.

Have a screenshot but not sure how to upload from mobile. But that’s the gist.

No surprise. I mean those of us who ordered on the announcement day were told July a couple of weeks ago now. You had to assume that earlier orders would be just before that (aka, June). It sucks to hear but not at all surprising or shocking given the recent update.

Last edited: