Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model S Refresh on Friday, just the LR version with 21" wheels. 10-14 weeks was the delivery window. Originally I was going to put the order in online, but it didn't show that anywhere I could find. Called the local store and they took the order over the phone and gave me the 10-14 week number. I'm ok with that, as I don't need the vehicle until August.

Looking forward to seeing the first videos of the interior, hope it still has a key. I'm a little old school and prefer that.

Back on topic: Got a text from Tesla - said the last HQ update they received was that production will begin "some time in June".

So - sounds like another month-ish of testing still to go...

Can confirm this news is not from HQ and does not indicate this will be the case. People in HQ are not expecting any update between now and the earnings call.

Having raced with the Porsche Club for 25 years, I can assure you NO ONE is buying a Taycan as a track car. Also, lap time is based much more on the driver than the car. Top Gear had Sabine drive a diesel van around the Ring and was faster than most people in turbo Porsches. Most specs are for fun and bragging rights, not because the car is really the limited factor except maybe in a 0-60 sprint. Part of the reason Teslas are so fun.

The following items need to occur before I believe any date. When these happen, the date is true:
  1. I'm at the delivery center with signed paperwork in hand
  2. I'm sitting inside my new 2021/2 MS and profile set to "Dave."
  3. Tesla employees in my rear camera waving goodbye
  4. Calendar on display shows current date.
Then you wake up.

Can confirm this news is not from HQ and does not indicate this will be the case. People in HQ are not expecting any update between now and the earnings call.

Didn't you say they were expecting updates a couple of times now? I thought you just said that they were going to hear something this week as the expectation before the earnings call and now you are saying they "are not expecting any updates"? Why would they not be expecting any updates?

IDK, Sam my friend. I'm starting wonder if you're making this *sugar* up. Didn't you also confirm some bullshit about some change to accounts in April being real? And you had a VIN? Then you said "sounds like the failed inspections were the issue" playing off of @doubleshot's thing. Bro, it's not cool to make stuff up, my BS meter is real high, man.

I just spoke with my SA, who said they are supposed to be getting an update this week from higher-ups regarding deliveries. I am guessing this update will come just before the earnings call next Monday when Elon will undoubtedly be asked to provide an update. Whether that update will be vague or specific, or even accurate, remains to be seen.
Elon and/or the COO CFO will have to be transparent why no refresh model s/x were produced in Q1.
It looks like the refresh model S has 265/35-21 front and rear View attachment 655451

Tesla says right on the website that the wheels are staggered. The rear tire is probably not a 265-35

Reactions: Tigers
Elon and/or the COO CFO will have to be transparent why no refresh model s/x were produced in Q1.

Tesla says right on the website that the wheels are staggered. The rear tire is probably not a 265-35
I posted this image I saw on twitter a few weeks ago with 295/35/21 rear tires.

Attachments

• model s plaid.jpg
    model s plaid.jpg
    762.3 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Drew-MS
Didn't you say they were expecting updates a couple of times now? I thought you just said that they were going to hear something this week as the expectation before the earnings call and now you are saying they "are not expecting any updates"? Why would they not be expecting any updates?

IDK, Sam my friend. I'm starting wonder if you're making this *sugar* up. Didn't you also confirm some bullshit about some change to accounts in April being real? And you had a VIN? Then you said "sounds like the failed inspections were the issue" playing off of @doubleshot's thing. Bro, it's not cool to make stuff up, my BS meter is real high, man.

Can’t report what I don’t hear. I only report what I do.

In some cases, I’ll read something on here and give my buddy a call in which case he will tell me his information if he has any.

Not looking to one up anyone or “make up sugar”. Not looking to compete, just passing along information as I see it.

I have a Model S on order just like all of you do, I’m just as anxious, if not more being that they ran my credit 15 times (I counted) and had to be approved twice because my first offer had expired. I had to call a lot and be escalated several times to get to this person who actually HAS information. I share it here to be helpful not anything else.

Point is: We are all in the same boat. You can choose to believe anything on here, or you can choose to be skeptical, makes no difference to me. I’ll still pass along information as I see it and as I hear it. In some cases I’ll be pro-active and check. My new financing offer expires in Mid-June, you can bet I called when I saw that info about production STARTING in June.

Yes, he was expecting to receive an update a few weeks ago, that never came. They have group meetings twice a week and they all share info regarding what they hear about the S/X line. The info is not just from one person, it is a group of people who all share what they know as opposed to what they think.

Sorry if that was long, just felt like I needed to explain my position.

Whats the chance that nothing is said about delay or when deliveries will start during call?

I give it a 1 in 5 chance that nothing of substance is said.

Can’t report what I don’t hear. I only report what I do.

In some cases, I’ll read something on here and give my buddy a call in which case he will tell me his information if he has any.

Not looking to one up anyone or “make up sugar”. Not looking to compete, just passing along information as I see it.

I have a Model S on order just like all of you do, I’m just as anxious, if not more being that they ran my credit 15 times (I counted) and had to be approved twice because my first offer had expired. I had to call a lot and be escalated several times to get to this person who actually HAS information. I share it here to be helpful not anything else.

Point is: We are all in the same boat. You can choose to believe anything on here, or you can choose to be skeptical, makes no difference to me. I’ll still pass along information as I see it and as I hear it. In some cases I’ll be pro-active and check. My new financing offer expires in Mid-June, you can bet I called when I saw that info about production STARTING in June.

Yes, he was expecting to receive an update a few weeks ago, that never came. They have group meetings twice a week and they all share info regarding what they hear about the S/X line. The info is not just from one person, it is a group of people who all share what they know as opposed to what they think.

Sorry if that was long, just felt like I needed to explain my position.

I give it a 1 in 5 chance that nothing of substance is said.
Hi @sam3194 I think I speak for the vast majority if not all when I say we appreciate you. Everyone is a little frustrated and want our new toys/need our vehicle to return to work. Please keep up the information when you have it!

Ask your questions for the shareholders meeting here: Say
Questions with nothing related to S/X delivery are topping the list and they are way down on the list of “top” questions. I know we’re a small bunch but production projections should be at top (in our minds at least).
View attachment 655538
Seriously that's what's at the top of the list. Questions that aren't even cohesive. Who cares about Dojo and an AWS like business. Apparently idiot investors. And buying GWh from suppliers and then asking about chem mixtures. Lol. Common. I'm gonna have to buy one share just to go in and upvote what is actually a question about Tesla and it's product, production issues should be close to the top of this list.

Seriously that's what's at the top of the list. Questions that aren't even cohesive. Who cares about Dojo and an AWS like business. Apparently idiot investors. And buying GWh from suppliers and then asking about chem mixtures. Lol. Common. I'm gonna have to buy one share just to go in and upvote what is actually a question about Tesla and it's product, production issues should be close to the top of this list.

Tbf - they think dojo, which for all we know is 10 years away will 10x revenue lol.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Tigers, after the pages and pages of *sugar* you've posted over the past months, you have some nerve suggesting Sam is making *sugar* up.

The difference is, I've been upfront each and every time that I'm full of sugar. I mean, y'all can believe whatever the hell you want, it's a free country, but I've paid pretty close attention and the dots aren't connecting. I'm like the rest of you and want any and all the info I can get but inconsistencies and strange coincidences start to add up