Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold 150k worth of MSFT shares to buy this car in January. If left since January it will now be worth close to 200k. Yet. Best case we are still 2 to 3 months out from delivery.

“I wonder if the hold up is....”

If Tesla was able to ship any trim level of the Model S they would be pumping them out as fast as possible.
Yep Yep Yep Yep Yep

It's so nice to hear the voice of reason pop up on occasion.

As somebody who test drove the 3P and Ludicrous models back to back, Ludicrous is another league in feel of power. Plaid is going to be beyond that. I'd sure wait until July.
I can say that driving the 2020 MS Performance (supposed ~ 800HP/TQ) felt like driving my 700HP/TQ GT-R but with all the smoothness and instant torque of an EV. I can confidently say that the new refreshed MS Plaid with 1,020 HP/TQ is going to be in it's own league for sheer power and torque...basically there will be very few, if any cars including hyper-sports cars that can compare to that. Maybe one like the Koenigsegg and Bugatti Chiron hyper-sport cars costing > $1m. Adding an additional 200+ HP/TQ over the previous MS Performance is going to be insane! Worth waiting for!! 👍 😎

So being an optimist, to me this suggests that the LR will be available before Fall 2021
No, no...that disclaimer note has been there for months...just telling people they need specific wheels/tires to safely go 200MPH...and who the heck is doing that anyway? And if so, it better be on a damn track! Anyway, some people find things and then start rumors that scare people...don't play into this. This is not the case and has nothing to do with the timing of refreshed MS releases.

Congratulations guys - 5,000 posts and 228 pages in this thread since January 27, and some of us bystanders have yet to learn a single FACT. We will get the cars we ordered (if not cancelled first) when we get them. This speculation continues to be stupid, stupid, stupid. It has no place in this thread.
Here's a lesson on how to use this board if you're not playing detective: Check in once per week, look at the last page only, and see if any post indicates there's anything interesting going on. If not, go do something else for the next week. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Let the OCD-ers do their thing, it's entertaining if you have time to read it all.

It looks like I'll have at least about ten more go-rounds at once/week...

I just switched from red/cream to black/cream and my estimated delivery changed from "July" to "-"

LR ordered 2/2

*sugar* - I go back and forth literally every day between white/white and red/white. Afraid of the above. I really wish I could see it in person! Red looks great - but terrible with the base wheels which Ill have for a long while. White usually isnt my color exterior-wise, but looks so futuristic. Either way, another *sugar* post for you all, especially bruce.

*sugar* - I go back and forth literally every day between white/white and red/white. Afraid of the above. I really wish I could see it in person! Red looks great - but terrible with the base wheels which Ill have for a long while. White usually isnt my color exterior-wise, but looks so futuristic. Either way, another *sugar* post for you all, especially bruce.

Ultimately I decided I will wrap it when it arrives. Black is the best base color if you're doing a full vinyl wrap, but I also think black looks good on its own, personally. Something to consider given Tesla's limited color selection.

Reactions: T-Racer
I read that as the wheels and tires will be available in Fall of 21'. I wonder if the hold up is they weren't able to meet the performance metrics they originally stated and are trying to figure out a way to validate them without having to publicly acknowledge something less then promised.
This was my thinking as well but I doubt they would also hold up the LR. It is a bit strange that Tesla hasn't posted even 1 video showing the performance..
Some significant things going on for sure..