Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On one hand I could not care less if it were two 9-volt batteries getting 400+ range but they could have left the battery the same size and changed the chemistry to get 500+ range, then I am not excited with that decision.
Well there is a cost to those batteries, plus the value of the car is going to be determined by its capabilities. If they can get 412 out of 85 KwH batteries and 520 out of 110 KwH, you’re probably not going to get it for 90k, since it will cost them more to build and will be more desirable. Plus, it’s a standard industry practice with new models to introduce basic models when they are hot and improve a few years later when demand falls. If they come out with the “2025 MS” in 2021 it’s harder to come out with a car to get people to trade up in a few years.

Spending this much on a vehicle and a wee more for a larger (or savings for a smaller) battery is not my main concern. That is me personally and I do not mean to say that a rational person would agree. To me it is range vs weight of the battery. There is a point where the extra size does not yield return I am sure - I am no battery scientist. To me range = convenience and that is what I am wanting.

I don’t think he intentionally lied so much as said what he wanted to be true which he seems to make a habit of. Like FSD will be piloting robotaxis in 2020, Berlin factory open in July, etc, etc. He is a victim of his own optimism, and unfortunately so are the people who believe him when he mentions timelines.

Spending this much on a vehicle and a wee more for a larger (or savings for a smaller) battery is not my main concern. That is me personally and I do not mean to say that a rational person would agree. To me it is range vs weight of the battery. There is a point where the extra size does not yield return I am sure - I am no battery scientist. To me range = convenience and that is what I am wanting.

I think they are bluffing us on the range numbers, tbh. There was a video a lady on youtube put out way back in mid-2019 regarding a leak of the model s refresh, literally everything she said in that video is what the new model S is. Also in that video, whoever leaked the info to her said that the battery would be larger than 100kWh.

Therefore, if the battery is in fact higher capacity, it is lower drag AND 300 lbs lighter, this sucker might hit 500 miles at less than 80mph hwy driving. That would be incredible (as someone who does a SUGAR ton of road trips all the time, every year).

It all lines up: that leak, the mod from reddit yesterday and the engineer telling a poster here ("we are really trying to get the range to a point customers are going to be happy with that's easily attainable" or whatever the exact quote was).

Yes - I still check my account and this website 100x a day. Why? I have no ****ing idea. It's like a drug I can't get enough of. I also periodically scroll through the official Tesla website to read the text/see the images just to remind myself how badass this thing is gonna be.

All M3’s & MY’s.
1620089235586.png
1620089282014.png

it seems like both A5 and A8 are all S. and there were dozen more or so surrounding the factory.

I don’t think he intentionally lied so much as said what he wanted to be true which he seems to make a habit of. Like FSD will be piloting robotaxis in 2020, Berlin factory open in July, etc, etc. He is a victim of his own optimism, and unfortunately so are the people who believe him when he mentions timelines.
Yeah, but see, if the CEO of the company really thinks production will start in a couple of weeks, when in fact there are problems so profound that it hasn't started months later, what does that tell you about him?

• Funny
Reactions: AvengerBB