Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. I originally thought this was the same lot/setup as the Feb/March photos.

I'm bad at sleuthing these photos - but do we really think there's a mix of steering wheels here? If so, that also makes me suspicious of customer deliveries. AFAIK, we still haven't seen any reports of any way for customers to choose between round/yoke, eh?
The steering wheel compare is from a M3 (round) vs a MS (yoke). Not two different MSs.

Some good news right in time for MS refresh:

Anything in July and onwards should be 2022, not 2021.
Tesla historically released following year models in Nov or Dec of current year. My 2020 model (with Raven hardware) was delivered in Dec'19. I hope your wish comes true that all cars delivered in July or later this year are marked as 2022 year models.

Pinged my SA for a quick update. Surprisingly he responded in under 30mintues though the update do not have any new info. The direction they got from Fremont execs is that cars will start delivering end of May or early June. My 10-14wk from order date estimate ends mid-July. Considering all the delays and backlog, production ramp expected only in Q3, I'm setting myself more conservative expectations - some time in Aug'21. Fingers crossed for now!!

Anything in July and onwards should be 2022, not 2021.
A little "hopeful" on this are 'ya? I was told that all these "refresh" MS arriving this year will be 2021 (or perhaps 2021.5) models as Tesla doesn't call anything the next year's model until Dec. But trust me, I agree with you that anything coming in June or July and beyond should be a model year 2022, but I bet your car's sticker will say "2021."

A little "hopeful" on this are 'ya? I was told that all these "refresh" MS arriving this year will be 2021 (or perhaps 2021.5) models as Tesla doesn't call anything the next year's model until Dec. But trust me, I agree with you than anything coming in June or July and beyond should be a model year 2022, but I bet your car's sticker will say "2021."

The benefit of calling the first one a 2022 would be for eliminating confusion of parts and aftermarket parts. When you need to order a part it would be easier to just say "2022" than "produced after 5/21".

I am questioning the yoke instead of the wheel. I just had the steering assist fail while driving. I would not have been able to turn with my hands at the 9 and 3 position.
Unless you had driven a super sports car on track with customized steering wheel, most of us will take time to get used to yoke wheel. Many future cars from other vendors has similar rendering. Who knows, you are setting the trend by driving MS with a yoke steering wheel :)

Tesla historically released following year models in Nov or Dec of current year. My 2020 model (with Raven hardware) was delivered in Dec'19. I hope your wish comes true that all cars delivered in July or later this year are marked as 2022 year models.
Tesla first did that at the end of 2019, you got lucky haha. My car was delivered on 12/27/2018, is considered a 2018 model year!

Some good news right in time for MS refresh:
Wonder why they are writing about it now! They must be slacking. This has been around for a few months atleast.

Pinged my SA for a quick update. Surprisingly he responded in under 30mintues though the update do not have any new info. The direction they got from Fremont execs is that cars will start delivering end of May or early June. My 10-14wk from order date estimate ends mid-July. Considering all the delays and backlog, production ramp expected only in Q3, I'm setting myself more conservative expectations - some time in Aug'21. Fingers crossed for now!!
For May deliveries we should see VIN assignments by now

You’ll have to elaborate on that, how does your hand position clocking dictate your strength
You’ll have to elaborate on that, how does your hand position clocking dictate your strength?
When the steering assist failed on my MS, I moved my hands to about the 1 o’clock position to use my weight to turn the wheel. At a lower position, you startturning towards the horizontal earlier, and cannot use your mass to help. Steering becomes very difficult without the assist.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
For May deliveries we should see VIN assignments by now
Thought the VINs are usually assigned approx 2 weeks before delivery? If so, that would mean we should see VINs being assigned next week for deliveries the last week of May. BUT, I'm not certain we'll see any May deliveries, other than perhaps a few "VIPs." So, being a little more conservative on that, I think VINs may start being assigned toward the end of May for June deliveries...just my guess.