Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He admitted he has Asperger's during his SNL monologue this past Sat night and thus far, hasn't refuted that as fact nor said it was a joke of any kind. Many people outside his orbit (myself included) have suspected he's in the Spectrum based on the things he says and how he does things...kinda like a child at heart...I mean who else would put fart sounds to be used as a car horn?!?! And "Ludicrous Mode" or even the "Plaid" reference to the Space Balls movie's outrageous speed mode. Really? It's loony and childish and no real auto manufacturer CEO would ever come up with that and actually implement it. Think about it. And all the super hopeful (and almost childish) things he says that either never come true or if it does happen, it's a bit different and/or majorly delayed. This new "refreshed" MS production and deliveries time schedule just to name 1 small example. :rolleyes:

I am in no way, shape, or form an expert on ASD (Asperger’s), but I can’t think that people who fall within that spectrum would like be broadly painted as childish. However, I do agree that much of what Musk does and says can frequently come across as juvenile.

RN 1140 Plaid
Order Date 10/2020
Confirmed Refresh w/in 48 Hours
East Coast
VIN-None
Original Estimated Delivery Date 2/15 to 3/15
Estimated Delivery Area On website
Blank until 5/8 now “Estimated Delivery “-“
Order Agreement-No 2K credit for pre refresh
Model S Support Videos-Pre Refresh
NHTSB 10 Most Recent Tests-No Tesla Models
SA Contact-Today
New SA Information-None
Tesla App Last E Mail- 8/20
First Confirmed VIN-None
Last Refresh Spotted-5/1 Drone Fremont
Building Permits-No Change
Tesla S/X Communication: s/x to debut in china(5/7/21)
Update to 5/10/21

If it was just the chip shortage, we'd have slow production, some people with VINs and a schedule. "we can only make 200/week, you will get yours in 12 weeks" or whatever.

I do enjoy how everyone talks to their SA and gets a completely different random answer. It's like there's a magic 8-ball with excuses that they shake every time someone asks.

Last Refresh Spotted-5/1 Drone Fremont
Your last refresh sighted is incorrect. Gabeincal's last video from 5/3 shows refresh in the loading line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-110641_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-110641_YouTube.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 143
I need someone well versed in common core math to chime in here. the chart shows MS sales from Oct 2020-Apr 2021 around 10,000. If marginal production at Fremont can produce just 5000 per month and 4Q2020 they produced 16k S and X models, they should knock out all orders up to April in two months since X deliveries are later this year. Am I missing something about why Aug-Sept deliveries are being mentioned by SAs?

Attachments

• 01A9CCCF-E6BA-496C-9050-EF43519C6BCB.jpeg
    01A9CCCF-E6BA-496C-9050-EF43519C6BCB.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 72
Whole Mars catalog post on Twitter just now. Nothing certain, but hope.
What a way to give an update 🤣
In one sentence they write "I wanted to share your anticipated delivery time frame with you."
Next para- "we currently don't have an estimated delivery date for you"

I am sure you must have got all your hopes up only to be dashed in the para.

Well I'm very disappointed in the Twitter kids. No update. Haha, shocking.

Also the text above is most likely fake. All the clowns on Twitter were spreading rumors and this was a way to say they were right. I didn't get a text. Did anyone else on here? I doubt it. Tesla apologizing for the wait? No chance in hell. Fake, fake, fake.

Last edited:
OMG…FLASH NEWS…Update on refresh Tesla MS….as soon as I have an update (assuming the insiders at Tesla know who I am and actually tell me something new), I’ll update you at that time…perhaps within the next week…maybe if we’re all lucky…but probably not. On second thought, never mind everything I just said. Don’t call me… I’ll call you. Maybe. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Have a great week! 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂😂🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Don’t know about you all, but my acct still says “July.” I don’t expect that to change until some time in June. Perhaps.

re: chip shortage as an excuse.

Here's why i think it is UNLIKELY. Look at what Ford did. They have THOUSANDS of F150s sitting in a lot somewhere. They are fully ready to be delivered to dealerships but cannot because of the chip shortage.

If Tesla's only issue was the shortage, we should be seeing parking lots full of S/Xs ready to go with only whatever semiconductors/chips to be installed. Instead, we've seen none.

I have no insider knowledge, but I'm just putting 2+2 together.
Not only that, but a chip shortage doesn’t mean 3s and Ys are flying out of the factory and not one S/X has been delivered. Makes no sense they put the chips in the lower margin cars and take a six month hiatus in the halo vehicles. None whatsoever.

OMG…FLASH NEWS…Update on refresh Tesla MS….as soon as I have an update (assuming the insiders at Tesla know who I am and actually tell me something new), I’ll update you at that time…perhaps within the next week…maybe if we’re all lucky…but probably not. On second thought, never mind everything I just said. Don’t call me… I’ll call you. Maybe. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Have a great week! 🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂😂🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Don’t know about you all, but my acct still says “July.” I don’t expect that to change until some time in June. Perhaps.
If your account says July it won’t be until mid-August that it gets updated to “-“.

My coworker was at the local SC and the guy there said Elon saw the shortage coming and had already worked around it and sourced from different manufacturers enough to cover this year without issue. Take that with a grain of salt but I seriously still doubt this has anything to do with chips or software.
It can’t have anything to do with chips. A chip shortage means maybe you run at 50-75% capacity. It doesn’t mean you run at 0% for six months while running 100% on lower margin cars.