Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WAG - Wild Ass Guess

I mean, assuming Tesla has any type of actual system in place on how they are ordering these reservations (big if), then based on what we've seen so far, just guessing the August slots are the first to be filled up, with the rest of us jerks coming after that for various reasons (location being one big one).

No idea - but it is Tesla. Also - they could just have a list of reservation numbers printed out on the wall with a monkey wearing a blind fold throwing darts at them. Whichever the monkey hits with a dart gets "August". Finally - who really cares because these estimates are probably just as accurate as the "July" some of us have had for almost 2 months.

I have it on good source that they do not blindfold the monkey and he can be bribed with bananas.

Unrelated to delivery dates, but relevant to Tesla: Nio sold more crossovers than Tesla in China last month. No doubt Tesla makes great products, but their hit and miss build quality and, most importantly, their arrogance when it comes to customers is starting to hurt them.

The fanbois will always be there - but in the car business, your quality reputation is what sustains you. Tesla has a terrible reputation and better get their *sugar* together if they want to be around in 5 years.

It's funny - Ford released the Mach E, an ugly abomination of the Mustang brand (supposedly) that is slower, gets less range and has a worse charging network, but it immediately made a noticeable dent in Tesla sales. Unfortunately for Ford, they had to ramp down production at the worst time. But I think it just tells you customers do want EVs and many of them are tired of Tesla or don't trust Tesla.

It's funny - Ford released the Mach E, an ugly abomination of the Mustang brand (supposedly) that is slower, gets less range and has a worse charging network, but it immediately made a noticeable dent in Tesla sales. Unfortunately for Ford, they had to ramp down production at the worst time. But I think it just tells you customers do want EVs and many of them are tired of Tesla or don't trust Tesla.
I know the performance won't match but if the EQS gets here before the MS Plaid I am going to be giving it a serious look.

I loaded my page this am and got my first delivery update, originally order MS LR on 03/19, updated it to Plaid on 04/02, RN went from 1146 to what you see below.

It went from 10-14 weeks from order to date to this. If it was first week of August, its 17 weeks from OD.

Discuss.

1621005837259.png

The fanbois will always be there - but in the car business, your quality reputation is what sustains you. Tesla has a terrible reputation and better get their *sugar* together if they want to be around in 5 years.

Exactly how did it make a noticeable dent in Tesla sales? Tesla sold every car it made - a record number. Perhaps the Mach E sales came from people who would have instead bought an ICE or would have never considered a Tesla anyways. I do agree though that the window of opportunity may be narrowing if they don't get their act together on many fronts. The Model S and X revamp has been amateur hour.

If you got pushed back to August. Based on getting an S on the last day of August and if Tesla can produce 2,000 cars a day that would 28,000 If production started Monday. Anyone have any information on the current # of orders pending? Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere.

I am thinking I should cancel and keep my 2018 Model S until my Hummer EV SUV arrives in spring 2023.

I read something on here about features being reduced on the refresh; does anyone have a link to this info? Sorry if it has already been posted. This thread seems to add a page an hour :p!

Maybe it’s all

@sam3194 There you go again with your "info" and what you've been "told". I've had it with you trying to help give us real information. :)

When I'm wrong I hear it, when I'm right, I hear silence.

I was told the updates would be complete by early next week.

My Model X had a date of June yesterday, today it's October.

My Model S still shows a "-"

My 1/30 LR order did not change. Still “-“. Given the pattern I’m seeing, anyone ordering pre-refresh or within a few days of the announcement (like me) are priority and will be BEFORE those that got changed to August. I’ve yet to see anyone with a pre-refresh order get changed to August on this thread.