Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case anyone is collecting statistics ... I'm RN1142*, delivery to Texas, ordered mid-December (MSM, cream interior, no other fanciness hardware-wise though I'm really not a fan of those default wheels). Original delivery date was 2/15-3/15, which went away when the refresh was announced and the page had no mention of delivery other than "we'll reach out to you." I yanked the trade-in a couple of weeks ago and traded it locally for a used 2018 S, which I have yet to make a payment on, and now I have the same June 1 - June 30 date that others are seeing. 🤷‍♂️

I ordered online and aside from an introductory text message, have never heard from or attempted to contact my SA but I'm sure he's a great guy.

Incidentally I was out last week and y'all posted nearly 100 pages to this thread. Y'all are crazy 😄

Sounds like you are a June candidate. Hope to be there with you if I did not just nuke my account on accident.

Reactions: epotter
All this complaining about hand over hand turning. How many tight circles and u-turns does anyone drive in a month, let alone every day? Stop with the yoke complaining. There is another thread for that. If you want a Tesla with a round steering wheel then you should be able to have one. Wait you can, it is called a Model 3 or Model Y.
On topic: my estimated delivery is June 1 - 30 and hasn’t changed for three days. Should see VIN assignment in the next 10 days. Maybe one for me.
Show me where someone complained about hand-over-hand turning in the last several pages of this thread. My post (and the few responses to it) only stated that I'm curious how the problem of tight low-speed turns was going to be handled with the yoke steering wheel config, and whether that config would be optional or not now or in the future. We've seen test vehicles equipped with a standard steering wheel AND third row bench, so it stands to reason that these COULD be options in the future, though they are not right now.

Further, your comment about a Model 3 (which I already have, and would like something larger and more highway friendly) being a competitor to a Model S is absurd. I've driven both, and they are very different vehicles.

Take your pissiness somewhere else.

You need someone to take the current red MS off your hands or you collecting red ones?
If only I still had my beautiful 2016 90D with unlimited supercharging! Sold it (quickly) in anticipation of the March delivery like so many other suckers here! Oh well, hopefully have a beautiful new one with better range and amazing sound system soon!

@Neon001 "Show me where someone complained about hand-over-hand turning in the last several pages of this thread." You got me there. I can't because most people use the proper thread such as About that "yoke" steering wheel or About that "yoke" steering wheel.

We all wish Tesla would explain what we are buying (specs/description), when we can expect our deliveries (which is this thread), and simple customer service. But communication from Tesla is not happening. This last week it appears(flyover video), but not confirmed, that Tesla is producing Model S. The confirmation will be actual VIN assignments. Hoping we see some actual VIN sightings soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohmster
Just to add my order into the stats: MSM MS Plaid / Black Interior / 21” Arachnids / FSD / Expecting a Nashville delivery / Ordered later April with RN# 1148**

June-July estimate when ordered
Changed to July after completing all steps including cash purchase and uploading insurance info
Changed to June 22-30 last Friday
Changed to June 1-30 last Saturday and still holding there so far